“Awesome location!”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal
Ranked #52 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was great with no outside noise and the view on the canal was wonderful. Walking distance to all Whitewater canal attractions. Extremely helpful staff. Locked doors on the canal insured safety.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wdwmom1

Reviewed 10 July 2014

if you are looking for luxury stay elsewhere - if you are looking for a reasonable priced, 2 room suite that includes a pool for the kids, free breakfast and a good location then this is it! It's close enough to walk to the city's circle (take a stroller if you have a little one) and right on the canal. The kids had a great time feeding the ducks and riding a paddle boat, we had lunch steps away on the canal at the history museum and we enjoyed breakfast and happy hour at the hotel outside on the 2nd flr deck overlooking the canal. This place is not flawless but what hotel outside 4 stars is - My only big complaint would be the loud A/C that woke us up frequently throughout the night, however it is possible this was an isolated issue since we had stayed at this property previously and did not have a problem. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We stay in a number of all suite properties with our kids and this is one of our favs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MadMomof2
Silviya S, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was there in June. I agree that rooms are nice and big, and that the location is very convenient.
The A/C system is not efficient, and it is extremely loud. I was asked to move twice during my stay because the A/C in both rooms was not working. The second time this happened it stopped working close to 1 am, and I was woken up by unusual noise and vibration from the A/C unit. The hotel is understaffed during the night hours (the days I was there, only one employee was there during the night), and they have no maintenance personnel available either. Both times, I was asked to move to a different room since the front desk could not send someone to try to fix the problem. The first time, I had to move myself, the front desk employee was alone and could not leave his post to either bring me the new key or to help me move.
Another problem I had is that one of the rooms that I occupied smelled like wet dog. It is great that the hotel is pet friendly but I question how clean they keep those carpets.
I would not recommend this hotel for people on business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SJ-Traveler-01

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issues you experienced with our AC system. I am new to the hotel so I am not familiar with our ACs; however, I will certainly look into this. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please get in touch with me at the hotel. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed l night here on our way to Chicago. My family loves water, it was GREAT. We rented bikes & paddle boats our grand kids loved it. The room was nice size overlooking the canal. Would recommend it again. Only minus I saw was the pool area was very outdated.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here with our 3 kids. This hotel is updated with nice Appliances. It is right on the canal. You can take a walk on the canal, rent bikes, paddle boats, run... you can walk to some.museums and to the basketball hall of champions.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SuperM0m74
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Traveled to Indianapolis for a concert. Hotel was clean, safe and well located. Had a room near the "highway" or maybe it was just a busy road but it was only a few feet away so it was quite noisy well into the night, thank goodness I had earplugs or else I would not have been able to sleep and it was too late to change rooms. Interesting to be on canal. Staff was helpful and recommend a place to eat and the monuments to check out while in town, was surprised to find interesting parts of Indianapolis, like the Art gallery.

Room Tip: get room away from road
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Residence Inn is located directly on the canal. This is a great location to downtown activities and for a walk/jog around the canal. Everyone working here had a smile on their face and were very helpful. I didn't get a chance to enjoy the evening cocktails, but the complimentary breakfast was great. There were plenty of healthy choices and everything was plentiful. The room was nice, but a little worn. It is rather expensive to stay here and parking is extra. I would stay again, but would pick a less expensive option as a first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family