“Weekend to the colts game”

Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
Ranked #37 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Cant say enough about the hotel. Great location - Walt to e volts game, downtown etc. all brand new.

Room Tip: Go high for a view
1  Thank anonymous-john
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Capitol and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next year for the football games.

Go Colts!!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

My husband,in-laws, and I stayed here from 1/31/2012 to 2/2/2012 not for the Super Bowl but because my brother in law was having surgery. The best part of the hotel for us was one employee, Jason. He went out of his way for us so many times, but the best thing in my mind was him calling and finding a place for us to stay on the last night we were going to be in town. He went above and beyond his duty in my mind and I will never forget the kindess he showed us all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ivygirlevans

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Capitol and for your kind words about Jason. He has been at the hotel for the last three years and really does an amazing job. He tries to ensure that every guests has a great experience and leaves happy. I am very thankful to have him on our team. Hopefully, we will see you next time you are in Indianapolis.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

This hotel was average, but comfortable, good locale and quaint. The staff was very friendly and went out of way to accomodate us. The rooms were average, nothing fancy. Not a whole lot to say about this one, just an average decent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. Our goal at the Courtyard is to exceed our guests expectations and I am disappointed to hear that your experience was just average. Hopefully next time you are in Indianapolis you will give us a chance to prove how ourstanding a stay with us can be.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here with my wife and kids during the B10 football championship game (Dec 2-3).
We did not spend a lot of time in the actual hotel other than sleeping since we were busy all day long. The beds were comfortable and it we had no noise issues.

We loved the location. It was a little farther of a walk to the downtown area bars/resteraunts, but still not bad. In fact I liked having a 10 minute walk to get there. The Basketball, Baseball and football stadiums are right there as well as the capital and the canals. I was impressed with Indianapolis. This hotel was $50-$100 less than the big Marriott and a couple other hotels that were slightly closer.

We were up early and got a table at LaPeep 3 blocks away and had a great breakfast. Plus we stopped in to the Cajun place across from the hotel and they sold to go Beer and Wine - this came in handy as we did not want to go searching for a liquer store.

All in all it was a great trip and this was a good hotel.

2  Thank SouthDakotaninKansas
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review about the Courtyard by Marriott at the Capitol. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. One of my favorite things about our hotel is how close we are to many attractions located downtown; you won't have to walk more than fifteen minutes anywhere. In the future, I hope to welcome you back to our hotel and I encourage you to try our Bistro that is open for breakfast every day from 6:30-9:30am (7am-10am weekends). We have many different options available and the Bistro is located conveniently in the lobby. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need any assistance creating any future reservations!

Warm regards,
Annie Moskol
Front Office Manager
anne.moskol@whitelodging.com

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in December for a family wedding. I travel frequently for business, so I think I have a good sense of

During the weekend we stayed, there was a cheerleading competition in town, so all the hotels were at maximum capacity. This Courtyard was no exception. That said, I cannot excuse the issues we experienced to a busy hotel. If I had to stay in Indianapolis again, I would stay elsewhere.

Location - The location was convenient to the wedding venues we needed and we didn't explore much of Indianapolis (outside the Children's Museum), so I can't really speak to the location. It seemed very proximate to other downtown attractions, though not sure how walkable it would be (it was also 20 degrees the weekend we stayed, so no one was walking anywhere!) There is a surface parking lot - I think parking was ~$20 a night with unlimited in and out privileges. We never had an issue finding a parking spot, even later at night.

Rooms - The most serious issue is the noise level in the rooms. We stayed on the 3rd floor and could hear EVERY STEP taken by the people above us - who happened to be family member's of mine, so I know they weren't jumping/stomping/being excessively loud. When the floor above us flushed the toilet, it sounded like water was rushing into our room. Other friends/family who had 3rd/2nd floor rooms complained about the noise level.

Otherwise, rooms are well appointed and have been recently updated. We stayed in a room that was a 1 bed room suite, with a door separating the bedroom from living room area, which was helpful since we were traveling with a younger child. Room size (at least for these suites) was very large. I had a chance to visit some of the standard size rooms and those were more of an average hotel room size

Service - We had significant issues with housekeeping. We were up very early on Saturday (again we have a young child) and left our room around 8:00 AM, returning around 1:30. When we got back, our room had not been cleaned. We had wanted our daughter to nap during this time, so were really hoping to have the room made up. I don't believe that it's unreasonable to expect a room to be serviced by early afternoon.

We called down to the front desk (more on this later) and after reaching someone to explain the situation, were told that housekeeping was working until 5:00 PM. Since we had to leave around 4:30 for the wedding, we asked if we could just have the room made up then. The front desk said this would be fine.

As we were leaving for the wedding, we stopped by the front desk to let them know we had left the room and to request housekeeping. No one was at the desk. We waited for around 5 minutes. I was in the process of leaving a note when the front desk clerk arrived. (Sidebar: When I told her that we had been waiting, her reply was "I had to use the bathroom. What do you want me to do?" Nice attitude. I would start by suggesting that the Marriott staff more than one front desk person when the hotel is fully booked. I know that is not the clerk's fault, but it's not mine either and I expect someone to be at the front desk and to answer the phone when I call down. But I digress.

We informed the front desk clerk that we were leaving and needed our room made up. She told us that housekeeping had left for the night. This information was obviously counter to what we had been told earlier, so we were upset. She said that she would see what she could do, but no promises could be made. We called back to follow up and found out that our room was made up, but it really should not have been such an ordeal to have our room cleaned

Food - We ate breakfast at the hotel both days. It's an a la carte menu. Food was OK - prices are probably better elsewhere, but it was very convenient.

This hotel did not meet my most basic requirements of having a decent night's sleep (due to soundproofing issues) and of service (I like to have my room cleaned every day, which is not a huge request in my mind). To management's credit, when asked how my stay was and I raised these issues, they did offer to refund me a night's visit of give me Marriott points, which was a nice offer.

Reading other reviews, it sounds like others fared better, but I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the top floor. Corner rooms are 1 bedroom suites.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. Our goal is to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with us and I am sorry that we fell short of that goal. I can assure you this is not our normal level of service and hope that if you are in the area again that you would give us another chance. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed here the night before the Monumental marathon. Very clean and decorated nice. Close to both the start and finish line. Free WIFI was great too!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tripberger
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed here the night before the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. It was very modern compared to other Courtyards I've stayed in. The lobby felt very comfortable, and the entire place was super clean. It was perfect for what I needed!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family