“Not so hot for kids”

Ranked #52 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Not so hot for kids”
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Nice pool but room had nowhere to hide food and such from the kids. No upper storage save 3 wood bars over the hangers. $19 parking. Close to zoo and indianapolis childrens museum. Clean but my room had a moth. Near bars and food (walking distance). Excelent staff. Good location. Room 235 kinda small.

• Stayed October 2012
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, 10 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience at the Courtyard Capitol. I am sorry about the extra visitor you had in your guest room, but glad you enjoyed the rest of your time at our hotel. If you ever need some extra storage space, our staff would be happy to safely store your items behind our front desk. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Courtyard and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Had a family wedding in Indianapolis over the weekend, and chose this Courtyard by Marriott,City Centre--centrally located, recently updated, friendly and helpful staff. We would no doubt stay there again-accomodations and cost fair. Our room had two double beds and a pull-out couch, with adequate space to move about.

Room Tip: Book early! Indianapolis a busy city and accomodations fill quickly.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Capitol. I like to think of Indianapolis as a great walking city, and we are located nearby many walkable attractions. I am happy to see that we met your expectations and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed here for just a weekend and found it to be exceptional. They upgraded my room upon arrival and were very friendly. Its in a great location and I would stay here again. Very clean and updated furniture. You will enjoy this hotel!

Room Tip: Great location don't think you will have any challenge to enjoying your stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Capitol for you lodging needs. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel; our team strives to meet and exceed your expectations. If you travel back to Indianapolis I hope to welcome you back to the Courtyard Capitol.
Portland, OR
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Beautiful set up near all the other hotels. Two double beds, clean room and comfy comforter. Best part is the $ 5 cab ride to anywhere within a 5 mile radius. I was on a business trip but enjoyed some fun evenings out for dinner.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Capitol and for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your business trip in Indianapolis. There are some great places to eat downtown and the $5 taxi ride is always a quick and convenient way to get around. I hope that next time your business brings you back to Indy that you will stay with us again.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I spent three nights here for GenCon in August 2012. Let me first say that I sleep on an incredibly nice, and unfortunately expensive, mattress at home. I have sleep apnea so getting comfortable and staying a sleep is a challenge, and back pain which bothers me from time to time.

I shared this room with three other gents - the room contained a King size bed and a sleeper sofa.

I sleep poorly, so impressing me takes a lot. This room however was just incredible. The bed was plush, pillows were perfect, and I actually got decent sleep in a hotel which is a true rarity for me. I couldn't be more happy. With my sleep issues it's just really hard to get settled in outside of my setup at home.

All in all, rooms were clean and tidey, staff was great, and I had a great time while in the room. The only down side is, if you're going to the convention every day, it's at the a$$ end of the the walk so you gotta really hoof it if you make more than one trip back. Not bad, but when you're on your feet _all day_ sometimes those extra few steps make a world of difference. Not exactly the place to book if you plan on hitting up your room multiple times (For that you want the 'Marriot in Downtown' which is just across the street).

Room Tip: Something else to consider - Indianapolis, or rather the county which it resides, jacked all the hot...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Capitol for the recent GenCon conference and for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am so glad to hear that you got a good night sleep and that you enjoyed to conference. GenCon is always one of my favorite conferences of the year. We hope to see you next year!!
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The hotel staff went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The few minor problems with the room were taken care of quickly and cheerfully. The hotel went above and beyond my giving me a bonus on my priority club card.

While the hotel does not have a free breakfast, the food is prepared quick and hot.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Riverstone4
jenniferrichter, General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol and for leaving a comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a few minor problems but am glad to hear they were quickly resolved. We hope to see you next time you are in Indianapolis.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

This was my 4th year attending the DCI chamipionships in town and found this hotel to be the most helpful for the event. It was very clean and had a mini fridge (instead of just a cooler) and a microwave (that didn't need a special request). the rooms are spacious with a little couch. Wifi is included in your room (and it's not 29.95 a day or something riduculous like that) You could also buy water, soda, beers in the lobby for reasonable prices (2$ for a water instead of 4-5 $ for a bottle of water like at some of the other hotels in this chain). The hotel staff were very helpful with pointing us in the right direction and getting us the right taxi company. Use only Gaurantee or Indy airport taxi for downtown travel as it is only 5$ per trip within the downtown area versus 8-10$ per trip for the same distance in other taxis.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Capitol and for taking the time to leave a comment. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and feel like we are the "best hotel for DCI." We look forward to see you again next year.