“You can't go wrong staying here!”

Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
Ranked #40 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 25 April 2013

A great place to stay with probably the best staff that I have ever encountered on a trip. This is a great location in a very nice area. The staff at the front desk, and the restaurant we're very helpful and very friendly. The hotel was vey clean and and well maintained. When we go back to Indianapolis I won't even look for other places to stay. This will be the one for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
jenniferrichter, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor. Our hotel aims to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel, and it sounds like we did just that during your visit to our property. Next time you come to visit us, please feel free to enjoy our outdoor courtyard area. The courtyard is located just outside the pool (use your room key to access it), and it is a lovely space for having a drink or some dinner, and relaxing. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist in future reservations!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

Reviewed 20 April 2013

The staff at this courtyard clearly love what they do! They turned a business trip into a mini vacation for me.
I had the desk clerk Rachel knock on my door shortly after I checked in. She had a bottle of water, a few Aleve and a chocolate bar because I had mentioned that I had a headache and she wanted me to feel better. Wow!!!
I had a little trouble with my key working, not only were they on top of it but Anne followed me up to the room to make sure that it was fixed. I was also impressed with the kind respectful way she spoke to the maintenance engineer that worked on my lock. I knew it wasn't just for my sake when his response indicated that it was a frequent event.
Happy employees make for good customer service!
Oh yeah and I also got an email of apology from Anne for the short issue with my lock, wow!

2  Thank Carole S

Dear Carole,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so sorry about the inconvenience with your door lock not functioning properly, but I am glad our team was able to resolve it in a timely manner. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the rest of our team. If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to help make reservations.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Would give this 4.5 stars if I could (why no half stars Trip Advisor??) Price was very high for a Courtyard, not sure if this was b/c of the conventions. I normally stay @ the other Courtyard downtown, but it was booked b/c of a 4000 person convention. Decided to give this one a try- staff was very friendly & helpful, including the bistro. This spot isn't quite as centrally located downtown as the other location, but restaurants/bars etc are only a short 4 block walk (you need this anyways, ha). Like most locations, this has the new lobby & room upfit...everything is fresh & pretty clean. I thought workout room was tiny, but it's about standard these days- at least they have free weights. Even the in-room coffee is a bit better than the industry average (except for Westin). I would stay here again if needed, great job.

One quick gripe w/ Marriott in general, they act like they are very sensitive to the environment, but they continue to use the super-landfill-polluting mini shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles. They should rethink this, being that their thousands of locations are adding millions of those to landfills every year.

Dear Pinothound,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and was able to dine in the bistro during your visit. I do apologize, I do not have an exact answer with what happens with the empty shampoo and lotion bottles. I do know that Marriott has a number of goals to become more sustainable. Our property specifically is green by offering guests the option to reuse linen in their guest room, and if linen is left on the floor we will replace it for them. This way, we hope to reduce energy and water consumption by 20%. If you have any questions, or would like to make future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I came to Indy to spend the weekend before our anniversary together! Since I will be working on our anniversary. The room was very spacious and the staff was very friendly! Also this is a great location for where ever you want to go while you are here! Loved our stay and we will be returning the next time we are in indianapolis

• Stayed: April 2013

Chad and Heather,

Congratulations on your Anniversary! I am so thrilled to hear you chose to spend your special occasion at our hotel. I will be sure to share with our staff your comments about your positive experience with us. If your travels bring you back to downtown Indy in the future, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance in making reservations.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've stayed here before and would absolutely stay again. The bistro and ease of computer access (and free printing and wireless) make this a great spot for business travel. You can work over food or a cocktail. The rooms are comfortable and offer an outlet connected to the lamp near the bed (again, another key element to business travel in my opinion). My room was right near the ice machine which I couldn't hear unless I was near the sink. Staff are super helpful as well. If a leisurely trip brought me to Indianapolis this would be the top of my list as well.

With regard to location, as others have noted the hotel is close to IUPUI, but not near much else. For a taxi ride between $10 - $15 you can get to various areas of Indianapolis for dinner options.

For those with food sensitivities - the bistro offers soy milk for coffee.

Dear Tilrose,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us so much. Our guest rooms and lobby are designed specifically so our guests will be able to work and play simultaneously. Our complimentary wireless internet is accessible anywhere in our building, and our business center is available 24/7. Again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us! If your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with assistance making reservations.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Hotel was convenient for location of large swim meet on IUPUI's campus. Location isn't very convenient for walking to many restaurants or bars. Breakfast was great at the bistro, just enough options. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, willing to do anything to help. One complaint is that the walls seemed to be very thin. I could ear full conversations of individuals in the hallways not speaking very loud.

Room Tip: pick one towards the end of the hallway where most foot traffic will not occur
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Erica,

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. I apologize about the noise level during your visit, but am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and was able to dine in the Bistro. Our hotel is conveniently located nearby IUPUI's Natatorium, and it takes about 10 minutes to walk there from your guest room.
Again, thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor! We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed here this past weekend when traveling to Indianapolis for the NCAA tournament.

It's a fairly good location, about a 10-15 walk from the heart of downtown and the Lucas Oil Stadium where the games were held. It's pretty much a typical Courtyard, nothing fancy, but the rooms are clean and standard size. However, there are really no add-on amenities, and I feel that a hotel of this calibre should always have a free breakfast included. I actually prefer the Hampton Inn downtown Indy, but they were totally booked.

Overall, a decent place to stay that is fairly close to everything you need in Indy, but nothing special about it....and once again, the prices are fairly high for what you actually get.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Marsmadness,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your previous stay with us. I am glad to hear you had a nice time when you stayed at our hotel. With the addition of the Bistro to the Courtyards, it is true that breakfast is now a la carte rather than a complimentary breakfast, but we have many great options available. We also have a room package available where breakfast is included, offered at a rate very close to our standard room rate. Again, thank you for sharing your experience about the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol on TripAdvisor. If your future travel brings you back to Indianapolis, I hope to welcome you back to our property some day.