“Hidden charges”

Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol
Ranked #42 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 22 February 2014

When I got home and was reviewing my credit bill I saw an additional $250 was added. When I called they first said it was for a meal then they decided it was smoking in the room. Someone was smoking in one of the rooms because it was coming thru the vents. I didn't feel the need to call and complain because I thought there was nothing that could be done. Not only did I have a terrible nights sleep because of the smoke but I got charged for it. I assumed they randomly picked my room but no they said they have evidence of cigarette butts. Not in my room they didn't. I DONT SMOKE Neither did my two small children . I feel helpless and like a crime victim because $250 was taken from my account without my knowledge and I was not even notified. REVIEW YOUR CREDIT CARD BILL. If you are staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherrie B
Annie M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is very helpful as we are always looking for ways to improve for current and future guests. If you have questions or comments please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Front Office Manager
anne.moskol@whitelodging.com

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The location is hard to beat. Just a quick walk to the City Circle Center with dozens of restaurants and shopping locations. We were in town for one night only to see a play but enjoyed our stay immensely in Indy. Staff was very friendly, room was spacious and clean. Fitness facilities are limited (various cardio machines each with their own TV) but this close to the canal we saw plenty of people taking their walking/running outside. Hot Tub was large but had very few jets (very hot though), pool was on the shallow side but saw a few kids enjoying it (large enough to accommodate 15 people perhaps) Wi-Fi is free and worked wonderful for browsing in the room late at night.

Only complaint was the (seemingly) very, very, very thin walls. Every flush of the toilet or running of water next door could be heard. Full conversations could be heard in the hallway. The people above us were jumping (dancing?) in their room well passed midnight making it hard to fall and stay asleep. We did call the front desk at 1 A.M. and it stopped immediately (till 7 am the next morning but we were already up). Staff was incredibly gracious and took care of our parking (parking is in a paid lot) and offered us vouchers for food at the hotel bistro to make up for the not-so-quiet night.

We would stay here again. You cannot beat the location and the staff was very friendly and responsive to our issues. Again, you really cannot beat the location for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor on the top level to avoid noisy upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Annie M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one goal is to be clean and friendly, and it sounds like we've met and exceeded your expecatations in that regard. I am very sorry to hear that you didn't get the best nights rest because of noise levels outside your guest room. The next time you stay with us I would be happy to reserve a room for you on the top floor away from the street to help with noise levels. Please feel free and contact me directly for assistance with reservations (anne.moskol@whitelodging.com). We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest regards,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this property with our daughters travel volleyball team. The rate was reasonable, the location was convenient to the Indiana convention center and within walking distance of the City Circle Center...dozens and dozens of restaurants, shops and bars.
Hotel was clean, updated, and the staff was very friendly and helpful when asked questions about the area. Zero complaints!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed for just a night as daughter was competing at Circle of Stars gymnastic meet. Every staff person we came in contact with was absolutely friendly and went above and beyond.

Check in was quick and efficient, the desk clerk was able to give us recommendations for where to go for dinner.

We ended up, because of tired kids, ordering pizza. There is a bistro on premises, but carry out was a little less expensive for the amount of people we were feeding. The guy running the bistro brought us plates with out us asking for them and gave us glasses for our drinks. (At no charge.)

There was popcorn and hot cocoa in the lobby which was a nice touch, if you are looking for a little snack.

The girls loved the pool and hot tub.

We did purchase breakfast at the bistro and it was very good. The french toast was light and crispy!

The room was super clean and spacious.

You cannot go wrong booking a room here.

Room Tip: HIgher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The check-in process was very quick and easy. I appreciated the friendliness of the staff. The hotel room itself was very clean and spacious. We decided to swim in the pool and visit the hot tub. My only complaint was regarding the temperature of the pool, which was quite cold. I assumed it was a heated pool but you could not tell, as it was very cold. We swam for about an hour and while it was a pleasant swim, the temperature of the water was definitely not ideal. We moved to the hot tub and tried the switch on the wall, thinking it would start the bubbles in the whirlpool but it did not seem to do anything of consequence. We slept well that night and stayed for breakfast with our breakfast vouchers. Ordering breakfast around 9am was a little slow, as we had to wait in line for awhile, but once we ordered, our food came out rather quickly and it was delicious. I loved the fact that check-out wasn't until noon, which gave us plenty of time to shower, pack, and enjoy our hotel room after breakfast. Check-out was quick and simple, and again I appreciated the friendliness of the staff. Overall, I was highly impressed with our visit and would definitely stay again in the future.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room with a city view and loved it. Very quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've been living at this hotel for over a month now between Mondays and Fridays for work. I have to say its a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff knows my name and greets me every day, and the hotel is located in a good area to get anywhere you need to go really. I also have to say that one of their employees, Jack, who runs the kitchen, has guided my team and I to some of the bet restaurants I've been to. He really knew his stuff and I was never disappointed. But everyone is really nice and easy going. Jason up front is great too. He hopped in the kitchen and made me a coffee my first day here, despite it being a closed, because he realized my flight was delayed and, as he put it, "...you earned it."

Room Tip: I'd stay on the top floors. It's nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here this past weekend with my swimmer-son for a meet at IUPUI. It would be a very easy walk to the pool, were it not for the frigid weather. Clean, quiet room, although someone had messed with the heating/ac unit and it was ignoring the thermostat. Facilities came up right away and improved it. BTW, our room was on Senate, no problem sleeping.

The bistro (n.b. there is not free breakfast here) had a decent enough menu, but was overwhelmed when we tried to eat at about 8:45 PM. Staffing issues?

Overall, I was made to feel like an important guest, so if you like good service, this is a very good choice. In fact, I made a reservation to stay here again in March.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Annie M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and will be returning in March. I am sorry that our dinner service in the bistro was unable to meet your needs. I appreciate the feedback as we are always seeking to improve. If you need assistance with your reservations, please feel free and contact me directly. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Warm regards,