“Very nice hotel near the airport”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice hotel near the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

We were very pleased with every aspect of this hotel. The staff were exceptional, everything was very clean, the pool was perfect, the breakfast was a very nice presentation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelsosf1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Granted, I stay here on business and I have stayed here a lot but I would consider this particular hotel and other Residence Inns for potential vacation stays. My room has always been very clean. The bed comfortable. The staff always friendly and accomodating. I appreciate the galley kitchen although I use it rarely. Compared to breakfast at other hotels, the Residence offers a wider selection of hot entrees plus your standard fare. One suggestion, try to hit breakfast early while the scrambled eggs are creamy and not dried out.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed here for two nights while in Indianapolis to visit family. The room was very reasonable - $89 plus tax - for a Residence Inn. It was a standard Residence Inn updated perhaps in the past 3 years, and near to the new airport. Clean. Room was typical studio with sitting area and small kitchen. We were in a building separate from the main building which meant we had to walk across the parking lot to go to breakfast - would not have been good in serious winter weather. Breakfast was standard fare but seemed to go fast. We had some road/traffic noise that we could hear from our room. Overall, everyting was fine but nothing outstanding or exceptional during our stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

This hotel was one disappointment after another, especially considering it is part of the Marriott chain of hotels. I am a seasoned business traveller, and have stayed in hotels all over the world. I usually look forward to staying in a Marriott chain hotel because of the reliability of quality. This particular hotel was a total diappointment. The hotel is situated at the intersection of a highway (I-70) and a major roadway. The Indianapolis airport is adjacent to the hotel and guests of the hotel can hear planes all night long, in addition to the traffic on the neighboring highway/ roadway. The surrounding neighborhood is not nice, to say the least, which lead to me (a female traveller), not feeling comfortable leaving the hotel after dark. Loud, "souped up" cars were going up and down the main road (Lyndhurst) all night long. To summarize the negative aspects I experienced during my 6-day stay at the hotel: no hot water for a shower on morning number 1 (which also happened to 3 other co-workers I was travelling with), a very noisy room on night one, after which I requested to be moved (after a series of miscommunications with the front desk staff, to include giving me a key to a new room in which another guest was already checked in), I was moved to a somewhat quieter room. In the new room, the dishwasher was broken, as was the latch door lock, the shower curtain, and the coffee maker (which overflowed during brewing). In addition, the hotel rooms are not laid out like typical Residence inn's, with two separate rooms. Rooms at this hotel are not divided, and the hotel actually consists of two separate buildings- separated by a parking lot, which further aggrevated safety concerns for me personnally. The hot food at breakfast was continuously running out and the property seemed, overall, to be older and not well maintained. This was a major disappointment for a Marriott stay. On a positive note: breakfast staff was very friendly, as was the evening "happy hour" staff, which served guests willingly and went above and beyond.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

After staying in a Residence Inn the night before in Syracuse NY, I found this location lacking. I travel with pets and have no issue with non-refundable pet fees in order to be able to stay in a nice, clean, room. This room was gross. The hallway outside smelled of dog pee. My dogs were all over the room sniffing at the carpet, and found something interesting, dried dog poop droplets, embedded in the carpet. They weren't large, but still....nasty Then I found dog poop behind the bedroom door. Socks under the bed, lipstick on the glasses, all in all an experience I don't want to relive. i notified the evening desk clerk about my dissatisfaction, she apologized. In retrospect, I wish I would've asked for another room, but having driven 12 hours I was a little brain dead and just wanted to go to sleep. I told her I didn't mind the dog fee, but expected a clean room. I also complained at check out, and she expressed concern, stating she would speak with the manager and to expect that my pet fee would be refunded. I appreciate that greatly, but would have been happier paying the $100 and getting a room that wasn't nasty. I called the manager this morning, and she was very responsive. She had already refunded my $100, and had spoken with the contractor they use to sanitize the room., so while my experience wasn't good, I will say that the manager's response was terrific. She appreciated the comments and said that they become a better hotel by guests letting them know when they fall short. That's the right answer! For that reason alone I will check the "recommend" box.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

I guess the best thing I can say about the Residence Inn is that it's adequate.

The hotel's decor is stuck in about 1993, so everything feels just a generation or two old. Things are pretty orderly and clean - hallways were neat, and the lobby/breakfast area was also tidy. Staff was friendly enough.

Our room was fine. TVs were not flat panels but old tube TVs - surprising! The bed was comfortable as were the couch, desk chair, and bathroom. There's an okay amount of storage here too. But again, the room's decor was dated: old wallpaper patterns and furniture styles that went out of fashion in the mid-90s.

We were here for one night which was fine, but I'd be hesitant to stay here more than one night. I'm sure there are better options nearby.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Toms River
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

Check in went smoothly. We stayed at other Residence Inn's and nothing compared to this. The furniture was old, not comfortable. Room had a strange odor. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. If you go for one night, it's ok, but longer than that, think twice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business