This hotel was one disappointment after another, especially considering it is part of the Marriott chain of hotels. I am a seasoned business traveller, and have stayed in hotels all over the world. I usually look forward to staying in a Marriott chain hotel because of the reliability of quality. This particular hotel was a total diappointment. The hotel is situated at the intersection of a highway (I-70) and a major roadway. The Indianapolis airport is adjacent to the hotel and guests of the hotel can hear planes all night long, in addition to the traffic on the neighboring highway/ roadway. The surrounding neighborhood is not nice, to say the least, which lead to me (a female traveller), not feeling comfortable leaving the hotel after dark. Loud, "souped up" cars were going up and down the main road (Lyndhurst) all night long. To summarize the negative aspects I experienced during my 6-day stay at the hotel: no hot water for a shower on morning number 1 (which also happened to 3 other co-workers I was travelling with), a very noisy room on night one, after which I requested to be moved (after a series of miscommunications with the front desk staff, to include giving me a key to a new room in which another guest was already checked in), I was moved to a somewhat quieter room. In the new room, the dishwasher was broken, as was the latch door lock, the shower curtain, and the coffee maker (which overflowed during brewing). In addition, the hotel rooms are not laid out like typical Residence inn's, with two separate rooms. Rooms at this hotel are not divided, and the hotel actually consists of two separate buildings- separated by a parking lot, which further aggrevated safety concerns for me personnally. The hot food at breakfast was continuously running out and the property seemed, overall, to be older and not well maintained. This was a major disappointment for a Marriott stay. On a positive note: breakfast staff was very friendly, as was the evening "happy hour" staff, which served guests willingly and went above and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Indianapolis Airport is ideally located near I-465 and I-70 and offers a complimentary airport shuttle service to make it one of the top Indianapolis Airport hotels. This ideal location offers easy access to all of Indianapolis’ top destinations including Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Lucas Oil Stadium, the Indianapolis Zoo, as well as the offices of Eli Lilly, Wellpoint, FedEx, and ExactTarget. Guests love starting their day off right with the complimentary breakfast buffet, and unwinding at the social hour (Mon-Wed evenings). Each of the pet-friendly suites are 50% larger than standard hotel rooms and are highlighted by flat-screen TVs, fully-equipped kitchens, and luxury bedding. Guests staying at this Indianapolis Airport hotel enjoy premier amenities and an ideal location to make this one of top extended stay hotels in Indianapolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Residence Inn