“Happy with stay - about what was expected - not great/not terrible”

La Quinta Inn Indianapolis Airport Lynhurst
Ranked #129 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Stayed here on a short overnight to avoid a pre-crack 'o' dawn drive to the Indy airport and to utilize their airport shuttle and "park & fly" room rate (or whatever the heck they call it). Front desk service was quick & efficient - both check-in & check-out - and shuttle (which stops at the other nearby La Quinta) also worked well; ~15 - 20 minutes to get to the airport.

Given the length of my trip, the rate on the room (w/parking privileges) was just a few bucks more than I would have paid for the cheapest long-term parking. Toss in the extra hour or more of sleep I got by staying nearer to the airport and it was pretty much a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, I left too early to take advantage of the "free" breakfast, but was able to at least get a coffee to go.

That's about all there is too report as about all I did was check in late, sleep and get up early to catch the shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank huntlawoffice

Reviewed 28 March 2011

This hotel was perfect for 1 night stay. We stayed here since we had an early AM flight out the next day. The room was clean, the staff helpful, the complimentary breakfast was one of the better ones we have seen and it was ready at 4am! They do offer a park and shuttle service to the airport but we didn't use this service. There is a resturant in the parking lot Indy Family Resturant. We ate there since it was close and easy. They give you a 10% discount if you show your hotel key. The food was good and fairly priced. The price to stay here compared to the other hotels in the area for our purpose, this was exceptional. I would stay here again on our travels out Indy International Airport!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I found this hotel very acceptable for a 1 night stay at least. The room was large and relatively clean, although the bathroom was tiny. It is a tad bit tricky to find as there is another La Quinta literally just blocks away and my GPS directed me there instead of to the correct hotel. The continental breakfast was also adequate and the breakfast area was nice and clean. It was not noisy as suggested by previous reviewers however we stayed there on a weeknight - it might be noisier on the weekends possibly. Overall, we had a fine stay for 1 night passing thru Indianapolis. Rate was also exceptionally good at $49 per night for AAA.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Stayed here Indy 500 weekend with 3 of my cousins. While not the worst hotel I've stayed at in Indianapolis, I'd never stay here again.

Started off with our room, paid for in full at time of booking, which was supposed to be non-smoking. Front desk informed us that non-smoking was just a request, and they were out of non-smoking rooms. No apology. Ick.

Room itself was just ok. Bathroom door lock didn't work. Slight smell of smoke, but not terrible. Beds were not the most comfortable. Towels worn down to nothing. And we found a bug in one of the beds.

Free Breakfast had little to offer. no fruit. Cereal, hard boiled eggs (a huge jar of them...how long were they there?), Orange juice was gone by 8:30am. They did have 2 waffle makers, both of which were dirty when we went to eat. Bagels were wrapped in plastic wrap, meaning they were kept day to day, not fresh. Ick again.

Noise was a problem. Thin walls! People talking in the hallway or next room sounded like they were right next to you.

Pool area was small, but clean. Staff was functional without being friendly.

Location was convient to the race track.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2010

We stayed here in Aug of 08 for a trip to Florida. Had a good experience. Stayed again on Jan 30th for a flight to Vegas. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast is OK, nothing special. Just like everyone else's. Did the stay and go package to leave our car there. Upon check-in, they ask your flight time for next day and schedule shuttle for you. Staff is friendly and courteous. You are about 20 minutes from the new airport. On return flight, got into Indy about 12am. Called for shuttle, but was told they didn't have any at that time of the night. They call you a taxi to get you and take you to the hotel. They paid the taxi fee,and it took about 15 minutes from the time we got to baggae claim , called and got picked up. Wasn't bad at all. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2010

The staff of this hotel is excellent, very friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfast is just average.

BUT I wouldn't recommend this hotel because the walls are paper thin. I am a very sound sleeper....so it surprised me how often I was awakened. Someone drove outside my window and I could hear the gravel moving!! I could hear two guys talking in the hallway...and they were just having a normal conversation. I just thought maybe because they were just outside my door, but when they went into their room ACROSS the hall and CLOSED the door, I could STILL hear them talking!!! Thank goodness, they went straight to bed. In the morning, I didn't have to wake up to my alarm, the jets taking off in the morning were loud enough.

Another thing I didn't like is that there is no computer for guest use. I travel alot and every hotel I have stayed in has a business center....even if that means just one computer in the lobby. So no printing boarding passes in advance or checking your flight. Just one of those courtesy things that most hotels do now.

And then my pet peeve. Housekeeping knocks on your door before check out time. Why can't they check with the front desk to see if someone has checked out. Because of the paper thin walls, I had to listen to them knock on doors and yell "housekeeping" all the way down the hall.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My wife and I spent 1 night here in September (rm 124). Clean, fairly new carpet, nice king bed, clean bathroom.

Great value for $50 a night