La Quinta Inn Indianapolis Airport Lynhurst
Ranked #129 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family recently stayed at this hotel because my daughter had to catch an early flight out of Indianapolis. I generally will not stay at a hotel sight unseen but I booked the room because there was a convention in Indy. I'm happy to say I used my La Quinta Rewards points for this room because if I would have paid I would have been upset. The only nice things I can say is the staff is excellent and the ROOMS were clean. The hotel was either built or remodelled in the early 90's and doesn't look like it has recieved any updates since. Although the rooms were clean the hallway to our room was very dirty. The hotel was very noisy from both people coming and going at all hours of the night and from the noisy refrigerator in our room. These rooms are good if somone needs a cheap place to stay near the airport. I will restate the customer service is excellent; when I filled out the online survey regarding my stay I did recieve an apology from the GM of that La Quinta.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. My husband and I found Plainfield which was a nice little town off of I-7...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We chose this hotel to spend the night during a cross-country drive as it was on our route and it was pet friendly. We were traveling with a large German Shepherd and it did not charge any additional fees. The room was adequate and for the most part clean. The front-desk clerk called our room upon our arrival to see if everything was alright. We informed her that the bathroom had not been cleaned adequately and she offered to change our room. It was not that bad so we decided to remain.

The hotel was OK for a cross-country stopover. There is really not much around the hotel. The free breakfast was basic but good. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. It was a good value for one night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Came into town for the BIG championship game (GO GREEN!). Easy to find, right off the expressway. MUCH cheaper than staying downtown. About 10-15 drive into town. Got a nice free waffle each morning before the festivities. Overall, no complaints. Clean and convenient.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Breakfast was ok. Great location to the airport. 10-15 mins downtown. Not too much around. A moderately priced steak house and then a mom and pop Perkins within walking distance. Personally as a business man that travels it was ok, but will be going somewhere next time that's in a more lively area. But if you want a value stay, this is it. CONS: I thought the hallways smelled like cats. Pros: The van driver was more than happy to take and pick me up anywhere within a 3 mile radius.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The desk people were very helpful, making sure we had a room close to an exit so my husband could walk to and from easily. The breakfast was well tended and in an inviting corner of the lobby. The room was spacious and the bathroom was vast and very clean. The desk chair was butt-sprung but that's minor. Comfy bed, clean and safe, with a good breakfast; that's what I'm looking for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Its an old hotel needs a lot of updating. The room had a musty smell, carpets were stained and the bathroom didn't smell clean. Although, the front desk was nice and seemed to care the hotel didn't feel to safe. You could hear people through the walls and in the hallway...very clear. I stayed there while attending an educational conference by myself. I honestly would not stay with my family but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business