“Newer Bistro Lobby and Nice Staff”

Courtyard Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #64 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed 4 nights here and if you didn't know it, this is the birth place of the INDY 500! The hotel was Marriott quality. Although it was an older hotel it was updated with a new lobby and is still in great condition. 4 Floors with a newer bistro modern large lobby area and plenty of TVs. Your about 10 minutes from downtown and the airport. Speaking of airport, they have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes, to and from, "Zone 2" at the Airport transportation center as they call it. I was able to get a my requested room, top floor, king bed and near the stairs, after asking for a room upgrade. The staff was nice enough, but they do need to continue to upgrade the rooms as they are becoming outdated and retaining odors. My favorites at the new "Bistro" concept is the BBQ Chicken Wrap on Flatbread for about $7 and 700 calories, perfect after spending 10 hours or so working. In the morning I started to enjoy the Sunrise Starter and a large cup of Starbucks coffee. This is the first Courtyard of the year for me. Based off of this stay I would stay at them again. I also enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi 3 of the nights. Goes without saying… Video on my Youtube Channel. Thanks for reading.

Pros:
• Newer Lobby, Location
• Nice Staff and clean grounds and hotel
• Breakfast was included with room (Be sure to ask)
Cons:
• Rooms need updating (but still nice and comfortable)
• The breakfast hours should be about 30 minutes earlier for us workers (0700 Bistro Opened normally)

Marriott Gold Rewards Member
RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face the airport. Ask for top floor and away from elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for providing some great feedback! The lobby is very nice and the addition of The Bistro and Starbucks have been awesome. We are excited to say that our room renovation will be completed by October 10. That means our rooms will now look more like our beautiful lobby.

I am so glad that you has an oppotunity to eat in The Bistro. The BBQ Chicken Flatbread is a favortie of mine, too. We just started out fall seasonal promotion. The seasonal promotions highlight new menu items four times a year! My favorite for the fall is the Harvest Chopped Salad with Horseraddish Ranch Dressing. Not too much horseraddish, just enough to give it a little zip.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Indianapolis Airport

Reviewed 4 May 2012

A bit pricey.
Very friendly staff.
Average rooms.
Nice selection, and surprisingly good food at the bistro in the lobby (although $2.50 for a 20 oz. diet coke is crazy).
Nice little sitting area with coffee table books to peruse while sipping coffee (nice touch).
Modern decor is pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your great feedback! The new lobby is a great place to sit and relax. I am excited to announce that our room renovation will be complete October 10, 2012. We are looking forward to having the new touch in our rooms as well as the lobby.

Thank you for staying with us at The Indianapolis Airport Courtyard. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Since all of the hotels near the downtown convention center were charging more than I wanted to pay for a hotel room, I looked into the Courtyard. I got a great price online, and I was very pleased to see that it took less than 10 minutes to drive to the hotel from the convention center. I was very pleased for what I paid for my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Patrick D, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad that you were happy with the price that you paid and that it was convienent location for you. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Want to feel welcome and appreciated? You won't likely do better than here. While the rooms are typically Courtyard and the exercise room is small (though with an assortment of machines), this hotel has several things to its credit. The lobby is modern and a great social meeting place - very comfortable. The wine selection is great and the food good. I LOVED the Asian chicken salad enough to order it a second night! But what I most appreciated was the entire staff and their friendly attitude. Most notably Nick, who went out of his way to secure me a good room and Chrissy, who couldn't have been more service-oriented at the bistro. Even the shuttle driver was fun - as well as efficient.

I will use this Courtyard anytime I return to Indy.

Room Tip: I had a room right next to the elevator and didn't hear a thing, despite being a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice note about our hotel. We pride ourselves on the exceptional customer service that we offer to all of our guests and I am glad that my staff took such good care of you. We are looking forward to see you again on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We had a good stay here the night before we were flying out. Front desk clerk was excellent, and kindly offered to let us pay a small reasonable amount to keep both our cars at the hotel during our trip rather than having to use airport parking. Shuttle comes on the half hour and was convenient both going to and coming back from airport. Lobby is very nice with fresh decorating. Room was quiet and pleasant. Have to say beds were unusually uncomfortable for a Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. The new Courtyard lobby is a great place to grab a bite to eat. We are excited to announce that our room renovation, complete with new matresses and boxsprings, will be complete October 10, 2012.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a good hotel if you're looking for quick access to the airport or passing through Indianapolis on I-70. The staff upon check in were friendly, efficient, and helpful. The lobby has been re-done in new Courtyard modern style. It is a nice place for a snack and drink. Computer kiosks and free wireless are welcomed. The rooms are adequate, nothing special but good if you're just looking for a night's sleep. The pool and hot tub are also pretty standard for a Courtyard (have I seen it in Denver or maybe Rochester); they were appreciated after a long day.

You could do worse.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This is a nice hotel, nothing fancy. It is new, clean, had good service, room was very accommodating for my wife & I. If your looking for a nice, comfortable place to stay then this is your hotel. Close to freeway and not far from airport.

• Stayed: October 2011