“Close to airport and downtown...”

Courtyard Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #63 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Close to airport and downtown...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Staff and service were excellent and the location was convenient to downtown and the airport. Not much of anything near the hotel for entertainment or food in walking distance. You can eat and drink at the hotel for a premium price on average food. The fitness room is tiny and greatly under equipped. One treadmill for hundreds of guests and hardly any room to move if more than two people are in the fitness room...or better yet fitness closet.

Meeting room utilized was well equipped and suited our small group well. Guest rooms were updated and clean and the hotel was quiet.

Would stay again, but only if warm enough to exercise outside.

• Stayed July 2013
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff service and the meeting rooms. It is true, there is not much in the immediate area but we are very close to downtown and plainfield. If you are in Indianapolis again and looking for things to do, please let us know. We are full of great ideas to show off the city. I do apologize that the work out faciility was small for your needs. I will look into local work out facilities that we could partner with.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed here one night after giving up my seat on a flight for a voucher. It offered complimentary shuttle service and was close to the airport. Rooms were clean and staff was helpful. The walls were THIN! I expected to hear the planes fly over since I was so close to the airport, but I could also hear the people in the rooms close by. Another guest sneezed from another room and I told him "good bless you" completely out of instinct. It was like he was in the room! Therefore, it was hard to get a good night of rest because I was easily disturbed by the noise.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is helpful to know when we have room to improve.
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here cause they offer parking and a shuttle to the airport. Typical Courtyard, clean and friendly staff. I ask Marriott al the time, why don't platinum elites get free breakfast at Courtyards? I try to avoid the Courtyard brand due to this. Hilton Offers their elite free breakfast at all their hotels including resorts. So I hope Marriott changes this policy soon...Regardless, this is a good hotel for a quick overnight stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Indianapolis Airport Courtyard. We are glad that you had the opportunity to use our park here and fly there option.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We checked in on our way to visit Indiana University as the Courtyard in Bloomington was gouging parents this weekend. We paid $104 plus tax, very reasonable. The hotel is well situated to the expressways. From arrival the staff at the front desk went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. The hotel and room was spotless and the beds were comfortable. The hot water did run cold after three showers but the bathroom was spacious and clean. The breakfast was pricey but very good and the staff was friendly and glad to help. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We love what we do because we get to take care of guests like you!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed 4 nights here again for a 3rd time and I was here back in November. First question I asked when they picked me up at the airport was "Are the Room renovations Finished"? She stated they were and when I went to my room I could immediately tell it was remodeled by the furniture and desk. (Look at my Youtube Video) The bed however was a different story as it was VERY Firm and Hard. In fact I did not have well sleep because of it. Same story about my top floor room suite wasn't available which was a little disappointing because of my platinum status. But I gladly accepted the 3rd floor. The hotel gave free refills for the Starbucks. Based off of this stay I would still stay here again. But not settle for a hard bed. I also enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi 3 of the nights. Thanks for reading. Video on Youtube Channel.

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Smile... It's Contagious.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed the Starbucks refill! I am a coffee drinker, too and like to have a cup to take on the road with me. You are very important to us as a Marriott Rewards Member, especially because you are a Platinum Rewards Member. We are happy to make sure that you are receiving your top floor request. If you would give us a heads up a couple of days before your visit so that we can preblock you in the room, that will assist us in saving your room for you. As always, if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your valuable feecback.
Advance
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel and I'm glad it was for one night only. This is NOT your typical Marriott hotel. It seemed a bit shoddy . About the only good thing was it had internet that was pretty fast.

Because they sell things in their so called "market" they do not have any vending machines in the building. High priced and limited selection. Two 20oz sodas and a bottle of water was over $8.00! I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bilbirk
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We find that The Market, part of the new Courtyard Refreshing Business concept, meets and exceeds our guests' needs. We are always trying to improve and really look to our guests for their input. Are there additional offerings that you would like to see in The Market?
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed at the hotel during a recent snow event and have to say that some of the staff just let it dictate their behaviour. After ariving at the airport after a great deal of snow had just fallen it was a welcomed site to see the shuttle bus arrive. The driver was thre to grab the bags and make sure that we were safely seated in the van before he started moving. He kept the conversation upbeat after what I am sure must have been a very stressful day. Unfortunately this was the last nice employee i would encounter.
The woman at checkin whos name badge said manager was apparently not aware that she should set the tone for her staff because her lack of interest and any sense of courtesy was followed by the rest. A bad weather event is difficult and often people are not at their best but if a driver can deliver Good customer service and he is the one who is actually driving in the mess then someone who is in a safe and warm building can try a bit harder.
The room was very clean and comfortable and had everything you could ask for in an airport location hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
dawn w, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback. You are quite right. It is the responsibility of the leadership team to support the team and create an environment of teamwork and customer service. If you would be so kind as to reach out to the property, as I do not want to ask for your personal information here, so that we address your experience further, it would be appreciated. Thank you for reminding us how important our job is as a manager.