“Hidden Mexican Gem in Jasper”
Review of El Maguey Grill

El Maguey Grill
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Mexican
“Hidden Mexican Gem in Jasper”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch. They had 12 lunch specials for $6.99. That price included the soft drink and sales tax! Amazing! As expected, they gave us chips and salsa. The chips were light and warm. The salsa was good, but mild. Our meals were quality and plentiful. My companion had fajitas and the quantity of meat and veggies were overwhelming. However, they charge for extra tortillas, after the original three. I had the lunch special quesadilla and rice. It had lots of chicken and was very tasty. The service was fast and the staff very attentive. The restrooms are modern and clean. I will absolutely be back.

• Visited August 2013

Petersburg, Indiana
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My wife and I decided to stop in for lunch on the recommendation of her brother. They have a very extensive menu and friendly waiters. One of my favorite dishes is carnitas. I happened mention that I wish they had carnitas on the menu and the waitress immediately said that the chef could make it for me, no problem. When the dish came out, it was the best carnitas I have had anywhere. My wife's meal was also excellent. While eating the chef came out and asked if the carnitas were ok. I told him they were better than ok, they were wonderful. The whole experience there was great. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
Jasper, Indiana
“Friendly service, great meal”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Excellent mexican food. Lots of meat in our dishes, nicely grilled without too much oil. Their hot sauce on the side is "to die for" - real heat with flavor. The meal was very good, but the service was superior. Our waitress had a wonderful smile. Several other people asked if we needed anything during the course of the meal.

• Visited January 2013
Jasper, Indiana
“Best Mexican Food in Town!”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This is a BEAUTIFUL restaurant. The decor is lovely and the food is amazing. The staff is somewhat inexperienced but friendly and accomodating. The manager is very visable. He asks customers for their opinion and is obviously striving to make his establishment top notch. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012