“Wonderful hospitality” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Old Bridge Inn Bed and Breakfast
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This quaint B&B was a last minute decision and I loved it. My room was filled with character (they all were as I was given a choice on check in) it was clean and the fixtures were sturdy, wifi was quick and breakfast each day was wonderful. Linda was a very gracious host and I highly recommend you stay here. It's a 5 min drive to downtown and the walking bridge access is right across the street. A delightful house!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is a very old building so I did not expect the Ritz. However, I did expect light bulbs in the lamp beside my bed so that I could comfortably read at night. The lamp was there but minus the bulb, and the other lamp beside the makeup table was unplugged and we had to search for the plug. For $100/night (with tax), I expected a little more attention to these details. Good full breakfast kicks it up to "good" rating; however I rate the room only "fair".

Room Tip: Beds were comfortable and room was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
drexel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

My family & I were put in the River room which is quite spacious having 2 beds & a couch. The other room was the Hancock room which had a much more antique style. I called Linda a week before we came & then a day before to confirm. She was gracious & business like. Every need that we had was thought out in advance. Her cooking is wonderfully tasteful with good portions. The location was just right for us country folks having our first city vacation while visiting a son in Louisville. The walks every morning to the river & around the quaint shops were refreshing. This experience stretched us in our beliefs about B& B's and we agreed that hotels are a thing of the past now!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We spent five days at the Old Bridge Inn with our family of 12 while visiting the Louisville area. It was the perfect place for our family gathering. The owner, Linda, is a marvelous hostess and made sure that we had everything that we needed. She even helped us celebrate our grandson's birthday at the Inn. Linda cooked a wonderful, healthy breakfast each morning, taking our interests into consideration. We recommend this Bed and Breakfast for the great food, comfortable accommodations, and cheerful hospitality.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Delaware, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Overall everything was OK, nothing special. Few tips I learned from my stay. I was told to call on my way in to town to give the inn keeper a heads up on my arrival time and when I called and indicated that I would be there around 2:30 based on the progress I had made in my drive she seemed a little bothered and stated "check in time isn't until 3 so your room may not be ready and I am busting my butt to get all the rooms cleaned right now." That was fine, I just really wanted to grab a key and get to my function on the other side of town that night and wasn't trying to be a problem. Also was given no choice on breakfast time and if my daughter's softball games hadn't been moved up from 1PM to 9AM 7:30 would have been a little early for a Saturday in my opinion. She didn't seem flexible on this and breakfast was self serve buffet style and since we were the last ones there that morning there was almost enough to fill us up but not quite. I had some B&B gift cards to use and wanted to pay the small balance in cash to save the inn keepere the credit card fees however when I was told the balance was $15.50 I asked if she had change for a $20 and she said "no." Between my nephew and I we then came up with $16 to which she replied "I don't have 50 cents." After the first comment I kind of figured she didn't but did not care as I just wanted out of that conversation at that point. I just thought it could have been handled a little better. Last, the website said "ample parking" which to me would indicate some sort of onsite parking however came to find that it was only street parking and that there were only three guaranteed spots and if you didn't get one of those each night you need to "jockey for position" somewhere else on the street. Through the years I have been to a lot of bed and breakfasts in both the U.S. and Canada and this was probably the most "business-like" innkeeper I have met and not so much on the "I like people side of things." That's really the best way I could put it. Again, an overall comfortable stay for the money but definitely far from my best b&b experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Jonathan T
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

We were greeted by Linda and told that we had woken her up from her afternoon nap. Strange considering we hadn't yet knocked on the door.

We stayed in the Carriage House. Clean with decent decor although smells a little old when you first walk in.

Linda cooks a large breakfast and it will set you up nicely for the day. We had waffles, eggs and crispy bacon.

Linda looked to help us in any way she could.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

Since July 2008, I have spent 40+ nights at the Old Bridge Inn, located in the historic district of Jeffersonville, Indiana. Just a "stone's throw" across the river from Louisville, the 1836 Neo-Classical home lends charm and hospitality of years gone by. The five rooms and common rooms are filled with period antiques. Linda and Robbie are inviting, kind, and will go the extra mile to make you feel appreciated.

With monthly business trips contracted for the next 3 years, there is no doubt where I will rest my head when visiting Jeffersonville. A word of warning for Kentucky Derby, Thunderover over Louisville, St. James Art Festival, and Street Rod weekends, make your reservations EARLY!!!!

www.oldbridgeinn.com

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown
Galt House Hotel
#27 of 95 in Louisville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,681 reviews

Been to The Old Bridge Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!