“Outstanding food and reasonably priced”

Cast Iron Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Outstanding food and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I heard rave reviews about this restaurant and decided to give it a try. It was outstanding!!! Every single thing was great--the salad, rolls, macaroni & cheese, steak, etc. It was all very delicious. The prices were reasonable at about $11 for a 6 oz sirloin with two sides. The atmosphere is nice too. Will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012

Georgetown
“Good enough to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Custom cut seasoned steak seered in an iron skillet in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. There were four of us who chose filets, a delmonico, and blackened salmon. The delmonico steak and the salmon got rave reviews while the two filets had minor complaints. One was a little too done for the "medium" that was ordered. The other was tougher to cut than was desired. We selected a variety of sides ant the potato cake was a hit. The five cheese macaroni was good but not special and the green beans were oily and limp. This is the kind of experience where we will go back and need to do so often enough to learn our menu favorites. I am glad Cast Iron is here and that a good steak is within reach.

• Visited July 2012
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Best Kept Secret in the Louisville area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I've eaten a few thousand steaks in my life, this place can hold a candle to some of the more laudid (and pricier) that you will find. We went on a Saturday night with no reservations and wer told there would be a 20-30 minute wait. We took a seat at the bar and were seated withing 5-10 minutes.

The Good: Service was great, all staff were friendly. From the appetizer bread and dipping oil, to the steak itself, everything was delicious. I had a NY strip that was cooked and seasoned perfectly. My lady had a sirloin that, honest to God, was better than ribye's that we've eaten at most steakhouses. The salad was fresh, without preservatives (she can always tell), and had freshly grated cheese and what seemed to be homeade dressing.

The bad: There is poor parking and it isn't in a great location. Because of the business across the street, a beautiful view of the river is kind of wasted. It's a little loud because of the open setting, so plan on hearing your neighbor's conversation. A lot of great restaurants are like this. These things are trivial in light of the food and service.

I just can't rave enough about the quality of our meal here. I hope they never change what they are doing in the kitchen. I recommend Cast Iron Steakhouse to anyone in the Louisville area.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Sean24seven
Fremont, Ohio
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I guess that I will not be telling anyone any different than the other reviews. Food was great, service was great, people were very friendly. I had the Small Strip Steak and the wife had Salmon. Both were excellent. The night before we were at the Chop House in Asheville NC . It was really good there ( see review) but this place is better. It's not in the most glamorous part of town and the esthetics are average but you can't beat the food. I would go here again in a heartbeat.

• Visited April 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food but very crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Went here for the first time last Friday night. We had reservations but we still waited 30 minutes to get seated. The place is really to small for the amount of tables and they need to expand. But, the food is really good. The ribeye and sauteed green beans were great! My salad was one of the best I've had in a while. Also, the bread and garlic butter the waitress brought us was tasty. We'll be back but will dine earlier to avoid the crowds.

• Visited March 2012