“Good start to our road trip”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Pleasant surprise that hotel in Indiana is that close to Louisville's 4th Street Live which is where we wanted to go for the evening. Last time we were in Louisville, it was fall, we stayed at the downtown Marriott & walked the 1/2 mile to 4th Street. But this time (2/14/13), it was too cold to walk so we knew we were going to drive. We opted to save some money on lodging & parking & get a breakfast included so thought we'd give this hotel a try. We arrived at 5:45 PM and check in was done very quickly - room 325. Had a view of the bridge & Louisville skyline which was spectacular lit up at night. Had two beds, a stuffed chair, desk/table unit, flat screen TV, sink outside of the bathroom which I prefer, clean & comfortable. On a par with most Fairfields. Had a light/fan combo which is noisy if needed during the night. Prefer separate switches. The free wifi was very high speed. It's only 1.4 miles to 4th Street Live crossing the bridge into Louisville. Had a great night out. Fell asleep with the TV on for a while as I couldn't find a sleep timer on the remote in the darkened room. (Note to self, check those things out before you have any bourbons in Louisville.) Wasn't an overly noisy hotel.

The breakfast room was spacious with a very friendly lady helper. They had the standard microwave breakfast sandwiches, waffle maker, yogurt, fruit cups, hard boiled eggs (on request??), muffins, bagels, toast, oatmeal, juice, coffee. Nothing exceptional; but a good start to the next day. Would definitely stay here again when passing through this area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We had a late flight to Louisville and stayed one night and a day. I would go back. I liked the location, parks close, places to run, short drive to Louisville. The staff was friendly but but not overly attentive, which was good but also it felt that they had better things to do on the computer. Breakfast was CROWDED, with no seats. We carried food to our room. Overall a decent value.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My wife attended a convention at the Seelbach Hilton in downtown Louisville. I had no desire to stay downtown in that old historic building, so we chose this property across the river. The room was small, yet comfortable, right next to the elevator. Had concerns about the location of the room, but never noticed any noise. Pool was small, but not overly cold, Spa was old, but a perfect temperature and towels were usually available, without having to ask at the desk. Computer in lobby was horribly slow, but adequate for checking e-mail and finding directions. Staff was helpful with all requests. Typical breakfast for a Fairfield, but all 3 days we stayed the food was exactly the same. Elevator had a tendency to "bottom out" when going down. All in all, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Room was in better shape than many Fairfields we have visited - room was clean, beds were great, a little larger room than normal Breakfast was good - person in charge of breakfast was really great and very helpful. Overall experience was very good. Will stay there again in our way back south in a week or so.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank David T
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip. The hotel room is dirty and noticed my sheets was not change for the week. The management staff was not friendly. The room does not have a microwave or refrigerator. The lady in charge of the breakfast nook was not very nice, Her present makes it very uncomfortable when you enter for breakfast. After the first day, I stop having breakfast at the hotel. Not recomend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

To whom it may concern:

I recently stayed at this property and I had some issues here.

The management staff was very responsive to my concerns after I voiced them.

This hotel is located in a great area during the summers. It’s close to Louisville but without the noise of the City. The properties location gives you some great dining options in walking distance. This is great if you want to grab a drink and a bite to eat.

The breakfast was continental not that many frills. They only had orange juice and apple. You will get your basic needs met.

The rooms were clean but this hotel is a bit dated and I see that the staff is doing its best to keep this property up to standards.

I have stayed at this property on several occasions and I feel that this property can be a great candidate for your upgrade/remolding.

I hope that this helps someone.

Respectfully

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here for business, I arrived at almost midnight and had a nice chat with the very friendly and very helpful front desk associate. My room was a kingsize bed, desk, and tv and then the bathroom area. It was all very clean and nice. I was on the first floor. Breakfast was good - the basics, bagels, cereal, yogurt, muffins but there was also a waffle maker and fresh oatmeal. The lady who worked in the breakfast nook was very nice. The hotel itself was almost too easy to get to, I actually drove by it when I first exited the freeway not expecting it to be literally right there. I did not use them, but there was a very nice pool and hot tub and a workout area.

What could have been better compared to other business stays:
I would have liked a microwave and a refrigerator as when I travel for work I try not to eat out all of the time, but it was only 2 nights so not a huge deal. I also could not get the TV to zoom out so that I could watch the full picture (but no I did not ask front desk because not super important to me.) Also the parking lot lights were so bright that at midnight it seemed like noon through the translucent curtains. The Drapes took care of this, but I personally enjoy the "waking up with the sun" and I could not do this here as it was too bright to fall asleep without the drapes fully closed.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the river if you can, South Side, and not first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Megan A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
#29 of 97 in Louisville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville North? Share your experiences!