“Convenient place to stay while visiting Lousiville”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
“Convenient place to stay while visiting Lousiville”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel while visiting Lousiville for a baseball game and a tour of the Louisville Slugger bat factory. I was able to get this hotel on Marriott points and it was perfect as we basically used it for a crash pad after a lot of driving. It is in Indiana but is only a few minutes drive (over the bridge) from Downtown Louisville. The hotel was a bit older than some other Marriott properties I have stayed at but everything was in working order. One of the main reasons I chose this hotel was that it had a pool. It was outdoor and was the perfect size for a 5 year old to get some swimming in before and after getting in the car for a long ride. The breakfast was simple (cereal, fruit, yogurt) and you could easily take the food back to your room to eat as there wasn't really any place to sit down and eat it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BurkeMaxwell
TownePlace S, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, 13 September 2015
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am happy to have stayed here. Its a great location near the river and very nice people hosting your stay. Very comfortable, though a bit worn, however all in all a good value. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: down any hallway is best, in order to avoid tour bus mornings!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

When we arrived we were very pleased with the location. We could walk to dinner with a choice of 5 good places. In the morning we walked along the riverfront.You can also walk across the bridges into Louisville but the walkway was closed when we were there. The breakfast is a grab and go muffin and juice thing but that was fine for us.
At 8 am each day housekeeping came by and left a note saying that they were by but we had the do not disturb card on the door. The first day we left at 10 am and when we came back our room was cleaned. .For 4 days after that housekeeping never returned. When I spoke to the manager he said we should have told them we wanted our room cleaned. Silly me I assumed that was standard procedure. If we weren't gone by 8 am when they came by they assumed we didn't want it cleaned. We asked the girl for towels one day as we left and that is all she did when she came into the room... leave the towels.
There was also a barking dog that woke us EVERY morning when his owner left at 7am. The manager said he was a extended stay room and we should have asked to move. Who knew it would be every day.
When I returned home I realized that I left a power cord in the wall and when I called they said it wasn't found so It wasn't left behind. Hmm once again housekeeping at its best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay but we have made changes and hope you will give us another try when you are in the area again.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I made reservations at a pre pay cost in January of 2014. I verified with Marriott that evening my card was to be charged. My reservation was for the Kentucky derby time and since I made the reservations so early, I got an awesome deal that allowed to us to be able to go to the derby. However, while I was at work last night I got a message from the hotel that they had just now charged my card and it didn't go through. (UNTRUE- there is a HUGE limit on that card and only a 25.00 balance on it) So they cancelled my reservation. No one was willing to help me, nor even give me a break on the price of the room. I have my credit card online statement saying there is more than enough to have covered what they were running on my card. After being transferred several times trying to get someone to help me, I finally got to the GM. He was rude. He didn't care. He told me he could offer me a new booking. AT A RATE OF $300-$750 A NIGHT! That is more than my whole three day stay total was on my previous reservation. I understand that with pre pay you must pay up front- but THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT! This was obviously a mistake when running my card. Now I have plane tickets to the Kentucky derby, derby tickets, and NOWHERE TO STAY. THANKS MARRIOTT.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bcbggrl
Josh M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest –

I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you have had with the Marriott web booking. I also would like to apologize for any misunderstanding that you may have had trying to get this resolved at the hotel. The Kentucky Derby does require a contract with set rates along with advance deposit’s prior to each guest’s visit to the hotel. The hotel does try multiple times to obtain an authorization from the bank any time that we receive an error in the processing of a credit card. If we are still unable to obtain an approval we do try to be courteous and reach out to the guest. At the same time the hotels contract states that if payment is not obtained the reservation will be cancelled at the time payment is collected.

I once more do want to apologize for what has occurred and do encourage you to reach back out to me if you would like to discuss this more in-depth.

Travellers are raving about these Jeffersonville hotels

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Fairfield next door on last trip and did not like it. We saw this and thought it looked nice. The inside does not match the outside. There is a constant musty odor so I bought an air wick. The bed is soft. It is nice to have almost full size appliances but they were well used. Breakfast is continental but no sitting area hardly. Our next trip we will stay in east side of town.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brackjr
Josh M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Brackjr,

I want to first say thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on tripadvisor. I always appreciate the feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve and focus on those areas that will allow us to serve you better. You mentioned a few items on your review and I have already schedule cleaning for the hotels stairwells and halls. We also use them throughout the year as we do a complete cleaning of rooms, halls, stairwells, the lobby and administrative offices. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to service you in the future and if I can do anything for you don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was looking for a somewhat less expensive place to spend a night in Louisville, but wanted to stay within the Marriott or Hilton chain. It hadn't occurred to me that i could just pop over the bridge into Indiana and actually end up more conveniently located to downtown. This location was less expensive than any other comparable in Louisville so i gave it a try. Easy to get to off I-65, and right across the river from downtown. It's one block off the river, so there are plenty of places to walk to. It's nice to be somewhere where you can walk around after a bunch of time in a car or in meetings. One block away is a cluster of riverside/cityview restaurants: Kingfish seafood, Rockets Pizza/calzone/subs/bar, Buckhead Mountain Grill, Hooters, etc. Nearby riverside parks and trails are good for joggers and folks with pets, and have great views of the city. Safe area. Amazingly, you can walk 4 blocks east and actually walk or jog across the Ohio River to the city on a dedicated pedestrian bridge (Big Four). That is very cool. (Study the route on Google Maps before trying it, just to make sure you can get where you want to go.)

Hotel has two separate, 3-story buildings inside a little compound with one entrance; it’s a comfortable safe place that’s not as noisy as one might expect (nearby US31 bridge is 2 blocks away). Room is large and well laid out; it's not built as separate rooms like a true suite, but it's nicer than an average hotel room. It had a king bed with nightstands, chair and couch (foldout bed), table, work desk and chair, 32” flat TV with many channels, kitchenette with stove, large fridge, microwave, etc., closet, and separate bathroom.

The property is well-worn, and nothing looks very new. The hallways and staircase had a stale smell, but it wasn't very strong. Perhaps over the years enough people have cooked in their rooms or walked on the carpets with wet feet to have caused it. Some of the linens were thin and upholstery is frayed if you look closely. But it was very clean. Bathroom was spotless-clean, and shower worked great. Plenty of room to spread out. If you're worried about highway noise, get an even numbered room because it will face into the middle of the property. I was in the west building and could hear the continuous roar from 31, but it was readily drowned out by running the fan continuously, which i always do in hotels anyway.

The hotel has a small exercise room with stair stepper, treadmill, lifecycle, and some freeweights.

Breakfast is minimal “grab and go” with pre-packaged muffins, oatmeal packets, yogurt, oj, and coffee & tea. It's very basic, and intended for you to take back to your room since there isn't a large sitting area in the lobby. Check in/out process was easy and staff was friendly and did everything perfectly. The hotel is a big improvement over the cheap places by the interstate, but not quite up to the newer business oriented hotels that cost $50-100 more, either. Overall, i was satisfied with the place.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper, ask for an even-numbered room since these face inside the property and may...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank tim1962
Dear Tim1962,

Thank you so much for the detailed review of our hotel during your stay. I greatly appreciate your feedback and will insure to print a copy for our team so they may review you report. I also wanted to let you know that Marriott and the management company are working on future renovations for our fitness room and our guest rooms to make things more modern.

If I can ever assist you please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were moving to Louisville so booked 2 weeks stay. We were greeted well and had no issues with the room. The rooms were cleaned daily and linens towels refreshed daily. The best service is the limo that you get free of cost. I cant drive so that helped me a lot. Staff is very friendly esp gloria. we would recommend this to our friends. The rooms are old but properly maintened. The staff went extra mile to make my stay pleasurable.

Room Tip: Use their lime service and the drivers are superfriendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anirban S
Josh M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear: Valued Guest –

I wanted to just say thank you so much for the GREAT comments and feedback that you have posted about us. We always enjoy hearing about each guests stay and I can assure you that I will follow up with our team and especially Gloria about your visit.

Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Josh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Galt House Hotel
#27 of 97 in Louisville
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North? Share your experiences!