“Beware”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Beware”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Have stayed in motel 6 before in another state, in which was ok for a one night sleep. All was calm untill the evening hours when a 50 + motorcycle group shows up with almost nonstop yelling and reving up the motor cycle engines constantly. They were hanging over the balcony rails holding beeers, yelling and worse. The management knew this was happening yet didn't show any respect for us and the others there looking for a goodnight sleep, they ignored it all.
We left at 11pm that night...it was pathetic! The rooms were the same as described by others!

Room Tip: Keep on driving past the place! Seriously...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Planned to spend a night there but had to leave that night as too much noise!!! Heard people talk back and forth out of their lung, from 1st floor to 2nd floor, etc, happened after 0800 pm. The management should remind the customers whoever you are to respect others. Saw the bikers and hard their bikes making:... brrmm...brm... wanna pulled my hair and screamed. We were very exhausted after long drive. Changed our plan and drove back that night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Shawnee, KS
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have learned my lesson about not researching hotels before I travel. :( I hadn't ever stayed at a motel 6 before but I figured since of was a well known name, how bad could it be, right?? WRONG! This is the most rundown, disgusting no tell motel I have ever seen! I don't even want to lie down on the drool stained pillow! Supposedly nonsmoking... Not! The bedding is so old it is torn and yellowed. The toilet has brown poop stains in the bowl.. do I need to continue?! I would rather sleep in my car. :(

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Booked our room as we needed a cheap place to stay for one night as we was passing through. Upon arriving at the hotel you could see that from the outside it needed some work, but hey I wasn't being biased and needed to give it a chance. So we checked in and we were told the pool was closed and they didnt know how long it was going to be. Went up to our room which was 326. Upon walking to our room another room close to us was an apparent "home" for someone, door wide open and crap all over the place, toys strung all over. Walked in our room and had a strange odor to it. So called to the desk, they stated that it was normal. So i proceeded to check the room out more and towels were filthy and looked like they needed to be used for cleaning only. Sat down on the bed and looked over and noticed a huge gap under the door. I said "nope, gotta go" went back down and they were in awe and shocked of such allegations I made. I told the lady at the desk to come up and she refused. They wanted to play games with giving a refund and finally in order to speed it up I made a phone call to Motel 6 corporate to file a complaint, they really stepped it up. So beware, NASTY place and rude service!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Turned up here late one rainy night, staff were pretty good, booked us in quick, which was most needed. We were non-smoking, but our room smelt of smoke. Other than that, not too bad, slept well anyway. Yes the railings do seem a bit rackety, but other than that was alright, what do you expect from a cheap motel?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I must say that the previous reviewers must've been expecting a lot more for their money. The reason people stay at Motel 6's is for the low rates, and should not be expecting something along the lines of an upper-level Choice Hotel when they're spending less than $50 a night.

My husband & I have stayed at many Motel 6's around the country, and a good number of them are dirty, in disrepair, have disagreeable staff, and have a somewhat scary clientele. This Motel 6 was surely an exception.

The first thing I noticed was the high visibility of the motel manager. She was actively checking rooms during the morning hours, and really seemed to be on top of things, something I haven't seen a lot of in previous stays at other locations. The young lady who checked us in was extremely friendly and personable. Upon checking in, our room was pleasantly neat, clean, and in relative good repair, in comparison to other locations. The front desk called us shortly after check-in to make sure everything was working and to see if we needed anything.

We stayed for two nights, and found everyone else on staff to be just as nice as the young lady who checked us in. The property was kept nicely, and it seemed as if the manager had taken the time to make it pleasant with flowers planted around the property.

I had to opportunity on several occasions to chat with the manager, who really wanted to make sure that all guests had a good experience at her property. Although it was a holiday weekend, the noise level was kept to a minimum, and there weren't sketchy characters lurking around like at other properties.

For an older Motel 6 property, this one was more than just a good value for the money. We will definitely be returning here if we're in the area again.

Thank you to the wonderful staff who made this such a great stay for us!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This place is a dump. The outside of the motel could use a fresh coat of paint and some tender loving care (or a wrecking ball). Room numbers on doors were loose, iron railings were rotting, the whole place just looks tired. There wasn't a mattress pad on our bed, just a fitted sheet on the mattress that sagged in the middle. The bedspread looked like it hadn't been washed since the Cosby Show was on the air. Carpet was stained. Room smelled of smoke despite being non-smoking. Towels were threadbare and felt like you were drying off with sandpaper. We were there for three days and the only housekeeping they did for our room was emptying the trash and giving us a new bathmat. They never made the bed or replaced our towels. You get the bare minimum- two pillows, two bath towels. Don't stay here, trust me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WallyDog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Jeffersonville
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Hampton Inn Louisville-North/Clarksville

Been to Motel 6 Louisville N - Jeffersonville? Share your experiences!