“Louisville Aug. trip”

Red Carpet Inn Louisville North-Jeffersonville
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is an older Motel 6, my room was clean. I just needed a place to sleep at night. It is unique to get to the street to get to the motel. Maybe it was due to the road construction? It is very easy to get to Louisville from it, it is right off the interstate, about 10 minutes with traffic? To me it had what I needed, basic not luxury... or fancy newer entertainment items.
Staff was friendly. I stayed during the week & noticed when I was leaving they had raised the rates for the weekend. I also noticed a sign in the office they did this normally.

Room Tip: Lower room numbers on floors are further away from the street. Higher numbers are closer.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is nasty... dirty and stained carpet, the pool was closed (even though we discussed the pool area with staff at check in-- they didn't mention it until we went down to ask and then said "oh yeah, it's closed until next week"... Not clean at all in the bathroom... Gave us our internet code and the internet was down (again didn't tell us until we inquired about it)... It is a 100% smoke free area yet there was smoking going on everywhere... We had no cell service... The outside was VERY outdated... I am not particular in where we stay as we are usually busy and just wanted a place to sleep... No way in hell would I have had myself stay there, let alone, my family...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Based on the reviews we were pleasantly surprised by our stay. We stayed for 5 nights over the Kentucky derby weekend and were very happy with the service provided by the motel 6 staff....check-in was easy and friendly, staff provided us with an ironing board and iron to iron our races clothes and take-out menus so we could order pizza and chinese on our nights in, we had a wake up call every morning and our housekeeping service kept the room very tidy/clean. Cable TV was good. The only negative was that the rooms are supposed to be smoke-free and our room smelt of smoke; however after airing it out for a few hours it was much better. Would have loved to be downtown Louisville but it was too expensive for us, so this location was the next best thing - just across the river....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

No AC with temps outside 80s, old hard mattresses, tvs old box style, people living in some of rooms but great location to downtown Louisville, KFC yum center, thunder over Louisville on river. Rooms def need updating but hotel staff was polite and helpful

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was traveling with a dog and was not going to make it to my destination so this was a last minute stay at this motel. I had stayed at different Motel 6's before and knew that they took pets without a large pet fee or non-refundable deposit. In the past I had good experience with Motel 6.

This location is by far the worst motel I have seen. I gave it two stars only because the staff was very friendly from the time I called to reserve the room to check out. However, this motel is extremely dirty, smelly, and nasty!

The room smelled like a cat litter box and an ashtray. The carpet was so stained that one could not detect the original color. I do not think the carpet had ever been cleaned. I did not feel as though I could take my shoes off to walk around. The bedspread was stained on the top and underside. When I pulled the sheets back, there was either dog or cat fur between the sheets, which made it look like the sheets had not been changed since the last customer. There was something crusted on one of the towels. It was so gross that I went to the car and got out my emergency blanket to use to sleep with. Unfortunately there was no where else in town that I could stay that would accept a dog.

At checkout the manager was there and he asked about a my stay, so I told him everything. He seemed genuinely concerned and said he was new and trying to improve things. I told him the best thing to do would be a total renovation or tear it down and start over.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Rooms were very nasty! Floors were so bad you couldn't take your shoes off. Bathrooms were discussing & there was dog food in the overflow of the sink. Had to strip the beds down to bottom sheets and sleep in our clothes. Yellow spots all over beds, sheets & pillows! Mold on the walls and doors & under the beds had never been cleaned! Couldn't use some of the lights because they had shorts in them & were sizzling! Worst Motel I have ever seen!!! No excuse for rooms like this, Motel 6 should be ashamed!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Billie C
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn Louisville North-Jeffersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

There were people in the room next to us that were smoking marijuana and yelling off the balcony. Rooms were disgusting. There was what looked like blood splattered on the ceiling! We immediately went to the office to get our money back and leave! When we were loading our stuff back into our car, 3 police cars pulled up and the officers took off running to the room that was next to ours! Very dangerous place!

• Stayed: April 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn Louisville North-Jeffersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear H22H - We sincerely apologize for the unwelcoming environment, cleanliness and disturbances you found upon your arrival at Motel 6. Thank you for sharing your feedback; we take it very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
Best Western Green Tree Inn
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#2 of 7 in Clarksville
Best Western Plus West I-64

Been to Red Carpet Inn Louisville North-Jeffersonville? Share your experiences!