“Summer Evening Delight”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We dined with friends outside on a August evening with gentle breezes and an almost half moon reflected in the river. Company was good as was the appetizer and salad I had, but service was the only blemish on the evening. We were never served the bread we were promised and our drinks were not refilled in a prompt manner. To be fair, they were busy. Still, two and half hours is rather long for a simple meal. Our server kept disappearing. We eventually got another waitress to bring us a bill.

Location, atmosphere and friends were the highlights of the evening.

1  Thank Morgan W

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is my sister's favorite restaurant. The food is always good and the service is too. The view is nice and we like to sit outside and enjoy the weather.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I loved everything about Rocky's. The food was solid - we had a meat lover's pizza and a bunch of apps. The beer menu was even better with an EXTENSIVE selection of local beers -- something that I always look for while on the road.

But the best part was the view. Rocky's sits right on the Ohio River with a great patio. It was awesome.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at Rocky's the lobby was packed. We had a relatively large party, 3 adults, 2 teens and a toddler. We went out on the patio to get a pop and watch the river as we waited for our table to be ready. After about 10 minutes, we had not been helped, when a "server" that had been sitting at a table with patrons for the last 10 minutes, approached us with her arms crossed and asked us to leave the patio because there were kids in our party. Aside from the lobby, there was no other place to wait and we weren't able to order a drink until we were seated. Her overall rude and unwelcoming attitude kind of left a negative impression before we were even seated.
Once we were seated we were helped by "Matt" and he was awesome! Our food was served hot and he was very accommodating to our various requests. I ordered Chicken Parmesan and I thought it was a generous portion and was pretty tasty. The chicken on the children's menu wasn't very good at all, but luckily my 2 year old didn't notice. Everyone in our party seemed happy and full. It ended up being a nice experience on my first visit to Indiana. The location is great with stunning views of the river.

1  Thank AJIandKMI
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a large family party at Rocky's...they were very accommodating and I have to say, the food was delicious! Everyone got something different. Most of us got salads before, which were very fresh. The bread comes served in brown bags, so it stays warm and was delicious! I got a shrimp and pasta dish that was well prepared and flavorful. We will eat here again when we come back to see family! The wait staff was outstanding! It is right on the Ohio River on the Indiana side, so you look out at the Louisville skyline...very fun and relaxing!