“Meal and a View”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was my first time at this restaurant, I have to say that I was very impressed with the food and the view, we got to sit right next to the window looking out over the river I ordered the Captain's Combination, great choice I recommend you try it because it gives you a good variety, fish, shrimp, scallops you won't be disappointed, service was good and the place looks great.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoy visiting this restaurant when we are in town. The food is great (we had the fried shrimp) and the service is prompt and pleasant.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Kingfish used to be a big deal when I was a kid. The fish was still delicious. Our waitress Mary was very prompt and efficient. The view of the river entertained. The interior seems a little shabbier than I remember. Not a very appetizing detail, but I walked into a disgusting bathroom. The restaurant wasn't crowded and someone could have checked the restrooms.

1  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We eat at the King Fish when we're in Louisville. We usually like dining there in order to watch the riverfront activities while we dine. While the food is a little bland, they do prepare the fish any way you request, although we found it odd that they charge you to do so for some changes. Today's meal was typical of a middle of the day meal..the baked potato was obviously a 'leftover from lunch' one, we were surprised with an extra side order of grilled shrimp halfway through our meal , which the waitress couldn't explain. We had already noted when the waitress brought our order that the serving surely was skimpy for the 'choose two fish' meal, of which the grilled shrimp was one of the two each of us ordered. We found the hostess to be less than friendly, and our waitress was very friendly, but not very attentive...and due to the time of the day, she wasn't serving a lot of tables, we still sat for periods without service. We may try other places in the future for our dining.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The view of the river is nice and the service, though somewhat 'down home' is good. This restaurant is OK but it is of an era and a style that is a bit outdated. The atmosphere is comfortable casual and the food isn't bad but it reminds me of the old time 'all you can eat fried catfish' restaurants that were popular thirty years ago. On their website they claim to be "high volume seafood restaurants that offer abundant variety, a fun atmosphere, friendly service and reasonable prices." Notice that they don't mention anything about innovative recipes or serving high quality fresh food. I think that's where they miss the boat.