“Dinner at the Olive Leaf in Jeffersonville”
Review of Olive Leaf Bistro

Olive Leaf Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Olive Leaf Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Olive Leaf Bistro features a cuisine from various Mediterranean regions, riverfront dining in style, spectacular view from dining room and patio, unique/casual atmosphere, outstanding service, and impeccable food! Chef- owner Jimmy Shraby is a gracious and a dynamic host, always striving for excellence. He's dedicated to providing his guests with an enjoyable dining experience with one primary goal in mind, to offer the area residents the finest food served by a friendly wait staff & atmosphere grandeur with a plus. Our goal is to establish a landmark for the Jeffersonville area and a must place to visit by both the locals as well as the tourists. Perfect place for all your special events! Also caters on and off premises. If you have the means, definitely have olive leaf on your short list (two blocks from big four bridge) for a special occasion meal & enjoy table side desserts flambé. Don't forget to stop in for our weekly specials! Tuesday: complementary flambé crepe suzette prepared side table with entrée Wednesday: complementary glass of house red or house white wine with entrée Thursday-Saturday: half price bottles of wine Sunday: $5 bloody Mary's, mimosa's, & sangria's
Louisville, kY
“Dinner at the Olive Leaf in Jeffersonville”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My friend and I visited this restaurant last evening around 5:30 p.m. Ordered a mix drink and was told bartender not there yet. I offered to make my own cocktail but waitress said she would try to find someone. Drink was terrible -- how could you go wrong with vodka and tonic water -- I think they used club soda!!! The young waitress could use some training. On a good note, the food was pretty good but pricey.

I would suggest they have more training sessions with their employees and that the bartender should arrive a much earlier.

Selma, North Carolina
“Olive Leaf Bistro”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Olive Leaf Bistro features a Euro-Mediterranean Cuisine. The food at our table had a bit of a mixed review but the burger and waffle fries I had were outstanding. One of the co-owners was bar tending and I had some of the best drinks that I have ever tasted. Her drinks were crisp and clean and way too good. I found her to be friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. If you are near Jeffersonville, IN, you certainly want to check out the Olive Leaf Bistro. It is just a short distance from the walking bridge looking out on the Ohio River.

New Albany, Indiana
“Not for us.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The service was friendly, but slow. They we out of many wines on the wine list and the server knew little about wine. The server told us the foods were local and prepaired to order. My husband's chicken marsala was very bland and the chicken tasted like it had been prepared ahead and reheated. Food presentation was poor at best.The mussels in the mussel appetizer were the worst I have ever eaten. I will say the toasted garlic bread served with the mussels was vey good. My paella was simply mixed up in a bowl . . . two shrimp, four bay scallops, three pieces of squid and six of those terrible mussels. They need a new chef and some professional training for their wait staff. There were other guests who could not order wine because they were out. For the prices they charge there is a serious deficiency in quality and presentation. We can eat in Louisville for much less and have a much better meal.

2 Thank Gayle A
Kentucky
“friendly but slow service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

the food was just average. nothing that would want to make me return. it took 30 minutes to get our food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BobGump
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice, cozy and very good food.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We dined there a couple of nights ago. The waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The view of the river we had was nice and its a quiet spot. The food is good, we had paella which was prepared very well and my wife and the encrusted sea bass. The servings are a bit scanty for the price I think so we did not have work about left overs. They do have an exceptional souffle that will easily serve 2-3. Overall it is a worth returning.