“Will not stay here again.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This hotel is not worth the amount of money it costs. First we were placed in a room that smelled musty and had mildew on the walls and the paper was peeling off. I asked for another room and they were very accomodating about moving us without a problem. Very apologetic saying they were redoing some of the rooms. Then the second room although large and clean had an odor to it that had me wanting to leave in the middle of the night. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank gjo6

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We fled to the Comfort Suites from a horrible motel. We were pleasantly surprised by the large room. The front staff was very courteous. I didn't care for the dingy comforter but only wanted to go to sleep on clean sheets.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor. Nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tdmt
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I am usually very generous with reviews and place has to be really bad to get a "poor" rating from me. I did not exerpience any of the horror stories that other guests seem to have, but this place does not deserve to be #4 rated in the Jeffersonville area. It was in terrible shape for a building that is only about ten years old at the most. I know because we once stayed in the old Days Inn, (now a Knight's Inn) that part of the building was demolished to make way for the new Days Inn and this place. Our room literally had a hump in the floor. Light switches and electrical outlets were crooked. We had to slam our door to get it to latch and pull up on it to get the deadbolt to lock. The bathroom mirror was screwed into the wall through the frame with three exposed phillips screws. My wife and I were here for a couple's getaway and I asked her if she thought that maybe the owner and his brother-in-law had built that place with the help of the guys who hang out in the Home Depot parking lot. They didn't have a pool which would have been a drag for families with kids as the temp was in the mid-90's. (You can always do like we did and head to Louisville's Waterfront Park and play in the fountains to cool off.) Breakfast was so-so. They did at least serve sausage and eggs and not just muffins and carbs. The staff was friendly enough and I had no complaints about the cleanliness of the room, just its "state of maintenance". My wife who is a live-nursery manager, noticed the bag-worms on all of their dying plants outside - bad curb appeal. Having had great experiences at Comfort Suites in the past, I was pretty disappointed with this place and woudl have been upset if we were using for more than an overnight stay. You could probably do a lot better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to not be placed across from the elevator. It was really noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Poor management, poor facilities, poor quality service. Room was not cleaned before we checked in, poor breakfast area, NO internet service.

Lots better Choice Hotels in Louisville itself...

I complained to Choice and all I got was a lame email from the Manager wanting to talk to me on the phone. What do I want to talk to him on the phone for?

I asked for a refund from Choice but I doubt I will get one.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

The woman at the desk was RUDE! Didn't seem to care abouit the broken towel rack, the noise that we continually complained about from upstairs. Very Noisey and Dirty

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I Checked into this hotel on Oct. 16. We had made reservations here about three weeks ago. Upon arriving, the hotel looked clean. I did notice that there was no cars in the parking lot for a Saturday and I thought that was unusual. With the scare of bedbugs on now, my wife was very paranoid. She and our friends from the other three rooms proceded to check the beds. They lifted the matress on each of the beds and found at least three to ten bugs under the matresses. We immediately called the front desk and was told that housecleaning was off duty and could not take care of the bugs. This was the wrong response. We wanted to hear--come down and I will give you your money back. She never bothered to come up stairs and see the bugs. We got a refund and left to another hotel. As we were getting a refund we showed her one of the bugs and she did not even bother to acknowledge it. Finally when I pushed in front of her on the desk she grabbed it and slammed it in the trash can. Lesson learned, check every room for bedbugs until this situation has quietened down. Just because the Hotel looks clean does not mean that it still doesnt have problems. Check under the mattresses and under the beds before unpacking your bags.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2009

This was my second stay here, and both times my room was clean and comfortable. If you're familiar with Comfort Suites, they really aren't "suites" in the sense that you'd think, but rather "shotgun studio suites"; you go from entrance to couch area, to bedroom area, all in a straight line with a pseudo wall dividing the two areas. Climate control was easy to adjust, the beds were comfortable, TV is a little dated, bathroom was spotless, no funny smells. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank ProfessionalTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
No photo provided
Quality Suites
#5 of 10 in Jeffersonville
Candlewood Suites Louisville North

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!