“Gross!!!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We booked this hotel for an anniversary trip to Louisville. We checked in and immediately went to the room. The sheets and pillow cases had clearly not been changed!!! Their was fresh makeup on the pillow cases!! I went down and spoke with the front desk clerk, who apologized and called the ''manager''. After being told their were no rooms left of our room type, one miraculously came open!! It was like she was stalling us!! He told her to put us in another room. After waiting at least five minutes, she put us in a room on the second floor. we opened the door to that room, where we were met with the smell like a man had just showered in the room!! I checked the bathroom and sure enough, the floor was wet!! Obviously, we checked out!! We had to drive an hour and a half back home!! Needless to say, our anniversary was ruined!!! I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amber G

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our family of nine stayed here on our way home from NC. I would highly recommend it. Clean, comfortable and a GREAT breakfast area

The only negative I can say, is that the carpeting is bunching all over. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife, in-laws and two small children stayed here during the 2013 Kentucky Derby. The advantage to the hotel, was the close proximity to downtown Louisville, and the "affordable" rates during Derby week. We liked that we could get downtown in minutes and to the Churchill Downs quickly, without paying extravagant rates. The complimentary hot breakfast was a nice bonus (egg & sausage sandwiches, belgium waffles), and the staff was extremely friendly. It's also located to a lot of restaurants, shopping and groceries. The hotel does need some renovations, though. The carpet in the rooms and hallways need to be replaced badly. The bathroom also needs some maintenance (re-caulking, patch walls, etc). It's also a shame that there is no pool at the site. All-in-all, I would stay again during Derby week, but probably pick somewhere else when rates are more reasonable elsewhere.

Room Tip: There's only three floors, so I'm not sure it matters on the location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff_S91
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Hallway carpet soiled and bunching, can't hang clothes in closet and close door, halls marked up, hotel looks very tired and badly in need of refurbishing. Not up to Comfort Suite standards. Fridge had part missing so cans in the can holder fall out.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was a nice stay. It was clean, comfy, and close to shopping, restaurants, and the mall.
If you are looking for a nice place to stay with a great breakfast, this is the place.
The only complaint that I have was the breakfast manager, a.k.a "Breakfast Nazi." Man this woman would not let you take food to your room. What is up with that? If I pay for the hotel stay, I should be able to take breakfast to my room without any comments. That's what I paid for. I felt like a child being scolded for taking food to my room. Good grief, the "Breakfast Nazi" should get a life. Other than that it was a nice stay and only 1 hour from Santa Claus land. If you stay here make sure that you check that amusement park out.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have stayed in a LOT of Choice hotel properties. This one is above average. It has a great location, just off the interstate, but no discernible traffic noise. The room was clean and well appointed. The internet connection worked well. It takes less than 5 minutes to get to downtown Louisville using Rt 31 - do NOT use the interstate!!!! The old bridge takes you directly downtown and is never crowded. My only complaint is that the coffee available at 10 AM was lukewarm. I did not use the breakfast. Bottom line: good value close to downtown Louisville. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Very nice hotel. The facility & my room were very clean, the lighting was good, and the bed was very comfortable. I wanted a very light supper -- Subway if possible -- and the receptionist at the front desk was about as helpful as anyone I've ever dealt with. She pulled out a map of the town, and gave me very specific directions through town, including alternative ideas for supper, and where different types of restaurants could be found.
One suggestion I'd have: there was no soap dish or washcloth "hanger" in the shower. The room appeared to have been renovated, and was very clean & comfortable, and the shower was a very love fake marble and granite. But a soap dish or washcloth hook at "standing" height would have been helpful. Maybe they're planning to add these.
Overall, a very nice facility.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North
No photo provided
Quality Suites
#5 of 10 in Jeffersonville
Candlewood Suites Louisville North

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!