Comfort Suites
Value Inn(Jeffersonville)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdecent breakfaststay there againcomfortable bedsinterstateconstructionratesmotelelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had read all the reviews of this hotel and I was surprised to see a Comfort Suite rated so low. I'd stayed at Choice Hotels for more than 10 years and did not have a bad experience at a Suites hotel. So I was going into this hotel with my guard up, just expecting something to be wrong or bad. NOTHING HAPPENED. The room was perfectly clean and quiet--I know because I carefully inspected it, more than I normally would. The check in and check out was problem-free. The breakfast was clean, well-organized and set up exactly like that offered at every other Comfort Suite hotel that I'd stayed. As I was checking out, there was a woman complaining that she couldn't believe that she got up for such a lousy breakfast. "There was no chopped nuts for the oatmeal or whipped cream for the waffles. No fresh fruit." And she had nothing for breakfast. Then she asked me in front of the desk staff whether I liked the breakfast. As a matter of fact, I did. I had cereal, first-class yogurt and could have had more to eat than I could have possibly stuffed in my mouth. She said she stayed at a Choice hotel in Chicago that offered all that. I told her that was the exception. Maybe all these negative reviews of this hotel are from people who just had too high an expectation. I left as a loyal and happy Choice Privileges Elite member.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had an emergency over night stay at this one. The little bit of interaction that we had, the staff was friendly. The hotel was relatively clean also. However, it need some maintenance work. We stayed in room 219. As soon as we got off the elevator, we had reservations about how it was going to be. The second floor carpet needs some serious repair. The room itself has wall paper peeling in several places. It's definitely over priced for what you get. I would recommend staying else where.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The service was great. But, the property outside was very littered with garbage, cigarette butts, etc. The surface of the room was fine but the carpet, corners, under beds, tables, along all edges of walls looked like they have never been vacuumed. For the price, $90+, I expected more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We booked this hotel for an anniversary trip to Louisville. We checked in and immediately went to the room. The sheets and pillow cases had clearly not been changed!!! Their was fresh makeup on the pillow cases!! I went down and spoke with the front desk clerk, who apologized and called the ''manager''. After being told their were no rooms left of our room type, one miraculously came open!! It was like she was stalling us!! He told her to put us in another room. After waiting at least five minutes, she put us in a room on the second floor. we opened the door to that room, where we were met with the smell like a man had just showered in the room!! I checked the bathroom and sure enough, the floor was wet!! Obviously, we checked out!! We had to drive an hour and a half back home!! Needless to say, our anniversary was ruined!!! I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amber G
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our family of nine stayed here on our way home from NC. I would highly recommend it. Clean, comfortable and a GREAT breakfast area

The only negative I can say, is that the carpeting is bunching all over. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family