“I've stayed at The Galt House, Hyatt, and 21C and I prefer The Sheraton”

Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
USA
“I've stayed at The Galt House, Hyatt, and 21C and I prefer The Sheraton”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I visit Louisville once or twice a year. I've stayed at the Galt House, Hyatt, and 21C and I prefer The Sheraton Riverside in Jeffersonville. Here's why:

1. Location - With The Sheraton, you get the same location as the downtown hotels, but for a much better price. The Sheraton is right across the river and you can walk over the 2nd Street Bridge to get to downtown. There are also several restaurants right next door to the Sheraton including Bearno's, Rocky's, Hooter's, and The Bristol.

2. Good Service - the hotel staff is always friendly. I've always gotten a room with a nice view of the river or downtown Louisville on a high floor. They also let me know that if I sign up for the free Starwood rewards program the bottles of water in the room are free and I get a free newspaper. Nice.

3. Really nice workout room - See my pics. The Sheraton has a well-kept workout room. Lot's of cardio equipment and a separate room with a wide range of dumbbells and machine. There's also a pool, but it's too small for fitness swimming.

4. Nice Rooms - The rooms are easily as nice or nicer than the downtown Louisville hotels I've stayed in. The only exception may be the 21C rooms which seemed a little bigger and a little nicer but not so much that it's worth paying a lot more for.

5. Free Everything - Free and convenient parking which you don't get with the downtown hotels. Also, free (and fast) internet and free Starbucks K-cups for the Keurig coffee maker.

I've stayed here three times as it's now my Louisville go-to hotel. Don't expect an amazing 5-star resort, but it is a solid hotel that's a much better value than the other downtown hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MonkeyBusinessNYC
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Thank you! What a great review! We try hard to be the best value in the Louisville market. We appreciate you sharing your experiences about the Sheraton Louisville Riverside.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Location .2 of mile of i-65; Nicely furnished lobby and rooms. Staff was very accommodating and able/willing to help use with directions to various destinations. Great view of the river from most rooms. Several restaurants within walking distance, but grill and bar in hotel was very nice.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review! The Bristol Bar and Grille is a great option when you are in Jeffersonville. We are grateful to have them in our hotel.
Noblesville, IN
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We got this hotel through Hotwire at a decent rate. It was listed as a 3.5 star. It is really more of a 3 at best. But, i'll base my review on 3.5. First, the good. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Our TV didnt work initially and the maintenance guy was unable to fix it, so they moved us to a new room. the customer service was pretty good. The exercise room was nice and the pool was a decent temp. The hot tub was nice, but the jets didnt work. The floor is also really slippery in the pool area. The bathrooms are pretty small and as someone else pointed out, there isnt a vanity area so two people can get ready at the same time. Also, they have two bottles of water sitting out with a tag on them. the first says, here is a complimentary bottle of water. The second has a nearly identical tag that says the second bottle is $3. Its a pretty dirty trick and im glad I noticed it. there is also a nice view of the river and the city. For the price we paid, id stay here again, but know better than to expect a 3.5 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Hotel was very nice, very clean, with excellent views of the river and Louisville. The staff was excellent. If you had business or an activity in Louisville this is a great area to stay. The only complaint was there wasn't a separate vanity area off the restroom so one person could do either makeup, hair, shave, whatever while another person was taking a shower. We had to leave early in the morning so we had to get up extra early, there were 3 of us, to get ready in shifts. Well worth the higher price for the views. There's a restaurant in the hotel and a pizza place and Hooters that are attached to the building. Directly across the street there are excellent restaurants, all within walking distance. Beds were very comfortable. The A/C was pretty quiet for a hotel room. We would stay here again. Very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors for the great view of the river and Louisville.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
French Lick, Indiana
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night, arriving close to midnight. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and pleasant. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had excellent pizza from the attached Bearno's restaurant (open to 3 am on the weekends). Free Internet is always a plus. Overall, nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for your response. I will share your comments with Bearno's Pizzeria and our evening staff. I hope you stay with us again if in the area.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have to start by saying that the nicest people EVER work at this hotel. The guy who picked me up at the airport, Frank, really set the bar. I was in town alone for work and had a little bit of time to kill during the day. He gave me a ton of advice on museums, etc and a quick driving tour of the downtown area just so that I could get my bearings. He even helped me drag my insanely heavy bags up to my room. The next day he drove me to and from the museums and gave me good advice on a restaurant to stop in before a show at the Brown theater. (Some restaurants are better than others for eating alone, so I really appreciated the suggestion.)

I loved the hotel restaurant (I forget what it was called... something grill) and ate there three times over the course of the trip. It's hard to eat healthy on the road and but I got exactly what I wanted there. (Except for the sunday brunch, which wasn't all that healthy.) As I've said, the staff at this hotel was fantastic. At one point I clumsily knocked half a glass of red wine over (breaking the glass, of course) and my server was incredibly gracious about it. He didn't even seem annoyed.

The front desk staff was great too.

Some other hotels are actually in the downtown area, which would be a little bit more convenient. That said, the shuttle system at this hotel is really efficient and it's staffed by such nice people that you don't feel inconvenienced by the ride.

The room was nice. I'm sad to see other reviewers complaining about the rooms. I mean, my room wasn't renovated last year or anything, but it was clean and spacious and comfortable. Hotel rooms don't have to be updated every two days to be acceptable, at least not in my mind.

My only complaint has nothing to do with the hotel... EVERYTHING downtown closes at 5pm, even on the weekends. I was walking around with a list of museums etc in mind and suddenly everything was empty and there wasn't really anything to do until 4th st live opened up a few hours later. It was like there was a curfew on the region or something. As I said, this has nothing to do with the hotel itself. Just a comment on the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank J H
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The hotel is conveniently located right across the river from Louisville. It has good access to the highway and the Ohio river. We arrived late and had no problems checking in or checking out the next morning. The rooms that we stayed in left a little to be desired, however. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable (both pluses), but I felt that the price of the room for what we received was too high.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Aloft Louisville Downtown
Aloft Louisville Downtown
#30 of 97 in Louisville

Been to Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!