“Family Reunion”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Pullman, Washington
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great location and fairly easy to get in and out of Louisville. Used the lobby for family gatherings. We had a rental car so didn't use the shuttle service which I understand is great for getting to downtown Louisville. Only comment is that the restaurants are average in the hotel and close by.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 22 nights. It is just a real beauty.
The staff were excellent and extremely helpful at all times.
Shauntel, Chelsea, Eric were wonderful.

If u have any problem at all just talk to Michael the front desk manager and I guarntee it will be solved immediately. He would sometimes take me where I want to go, although that is not his job!!

Frank Green the shuttle driver is a great guy. He knows every event in the city months ahead of it, and If u need any help in Louisville he's ur man.

Overall, the hotel is awesome, and the complimentery shuttle will get u around to the most attractive places in Louisville. I highly recommend this place, and hopefully I'll be staying there again.

1 Thank Nabeelaz
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stumbled upon this hotel accidentally while driving to downtown Louisville. We wanted to have drinks overlooking the water and there is outdoor seating at the hotel restaurant and at various restaurants nearby. Frank, the concierge, quickly settled us into our room, and when we returned to the lobby, he offered to show us the downtown area. He recommended and drove us to a restaurant, gave us an intro tour of downtown, and helped me prepare for my return trip to Louisville by recommending some derby connections. I will definitely use this hotel on my upcoming trips to Louisville!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We Were Visiting VGR And The Jeffersonville Area. Total Of Two AdultS And Three Children. We Took The Club Level Room. we had breakfast each morning consisting of eggs sausage cereal fruit Coffee bread bagels and other drinks. the evening hors d'oeuvres consisted of chicken tenders egg roll tacos mozzarella sticks cheese crackers fruit and some other things. it is different each day. We purchased lunch at one of the nearby restaurants and the evening hors d'oeuvres was enough to fill us up for a light dinner. the children loved it in the Club Lounge the seats were comfortable and there was a big television. the club lounge has a mini fridge in there that is stocked with drinks like sparkling water bottled water milk juice v 8 and sodas. everyone in the hotel is very nice especially the night shift manager and housekeeping and Club Lounge stAff. we ate lunch at the Bistro connected to the hotel one day. it is a buffet style what is very pricey at $16 an adult and $7 each child. the food was wonderful though and also included dessert. there is a fitness center has many free weights to use plus treadmill and other exercise equipment. there is a pool there also. warning do not open the bottled waters that come in the room they are $3 charge. just go to the club lounge and get some out of the fridge. we enjoyed the view of the Ohio River on both sides of the hotel. overall we had an awesome stay and staff was wonderful. will definitely use that hotel again if ever in the area.

1 Thank SoaringWings
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were in the area. The hotel has been trying some different things in the Club Lounge. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast. Next time you come, please do not be afraid to have a bottle of water. The hotel stocks two complimentary bottles daily in the guest room and also leaves a third at a charge of $3.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I am a frequent business traveler who stays in a number of hotels (both US and abroad) over the course any given year. While I am an SPG member, it has been a while since I stayed in a Sheraton.

Kudos to the front desk staff, maintenance and housekeeping staff as the property and my room where immaculate. The hotel is decorated nicely, good access to restaurants and ammenities and an inviting lobby. Room was clean, spacious and very functional (starbucks coffee is available in the room at no charge -- this is important).

Checkout was seamless and my receipt was immediately emailed to me.

I was floored however when I inquired about coffee and was charged $4 for a 16oz cup of coffee (same that was available for free in my room). While not the fault of the staff (they quoted corporate policy). This was an unfortunate experience which takes my rating from Excellent to Terrible!

I strongly encourage management to review this policy and consider making coffee service available in the lobby. This seems like a "no brainer" given it is already available complimentary in-room (along with complimentary water which is a nice touch) and is consistent with the practices of Marriott, Hilton, Ritz Carlton and many other large, profitable and customer-centic competitors.

I'm very disappointed...

Kevin Henry

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin H
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed this past week at Sheraton Jeffersonville. My niece was in a competition in Louisville (Kentucky convention center) It was the best 2 day stay I have ever had. I went alone (usually travel with my husband) so was just really there to see my sister and her family who flew in from Oakland. Eric at the front desk was great. He pointed out the shuttle service when I was inquiring about cabs. The shuttle drivers Mr. Greene and Rob were courteous, right there when I called, and informative. My second night I ordered room service. Steak was a perfect rare and everything on my plate was piping hot. Usually either hot and well done or rare and pretty cool. Checking out was a breeze and free shuttle to airport. I will always stay at Sheraton from now on.
Also, on both mornings I saw the breakfast buffet but just wanted some fruit to go. They handed me a box, said help yourself, only charged me 2.50 (I did have a half price card) No problem. It was perfect!

Room Tip: Just wished I had asked for riverview room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I am happy you had a good stay with us. I will share you positive experiences with our front office and bell staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was quite disappointed in this Sheraton! First room smelled like cat urine. Upgraded to the Club level but was put in room next to elevator shaft. The headboard of our bed shared the same wall. Needless to say, the elevator ran all night and my wife and I did not sleep! On the positive--great size rooms and the front desk people at night and in the morning were terrific!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I am sorry for the errors we made during your stay. We should never "upgrade" someone to a room that is impacted by elevator noise. We will address this so that we do not make this error again and we will investigate the smell that you described. That should not be the case ever.

Thank you for the nice words about our staff. I will share your feedback with them.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
Hyatt Regency Louisville
#10 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown

Been to Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!