“Kind of shabby for a sheraton”

Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Kind of shabby for a sheraton”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and it was fine. I just thought it was a little worn for a Sheraton. Bathroom was very small. Carpets in halls and rooms also getting frayed. But it was clean and the bed area was roomy enough. Lobby looked nice. We didn't eat there so I can't comment on that. Check in was quick and service was good.

1 Thank roamfamily
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing the our property online. We appreciate the kind words about our cleanliness and staff.

We are starting to address replacement of some goods in different areas of the hotel. We replaced couches in the lobby area and in guest rooms. Chairs and carpets are slated to be replaced in 2014.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The view of the river was beautiful! The room was nice and spacious. The water pressure in the room was awesome. They need to put more soap in the rooms, but brought them when requested. Overall, it was a great experience!!

1 Thank TWadd
Thank you for the nice words on TRIPADVISOR. We hope you will visit our property again soon.
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this place many times when I visit the Louisville area for business from the time when they first opened the hotel, however I am also slowly starting to see the hotel is now showing signs of wear. The room I got was all neat and clean, but there were a few aspects that made me give this negative rating. 1) Smell in the bathroom, when you open the door it smelled like someone's spit and this smell lasted throughout my stay. 2) The mattress has lost its comfort and was sinking in too much and poking my back at certain places causing me to wake up many times during the night. 3) Breakfast is poor quality and tasteless for the prices they charge.

1 Thank SunNY10018
Thank you for sharing your feelings about our hotel with us. We appreciate your use of our hotel over the last few years. This year we replaced the couches in the lobby and in our guestrooms. We are going to start replacing carpets and chairs in 2014 as well as add better signage and, in 2015, we will re-invent the LINK area in the lobby.

Do you mind sharing with me the number of the room you stayed in? I would like to visit that room specifically to address some items.

Thank you!
pgregory@sheratonlouisville.com
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel is near I-65, conveniently for me to stay a night for a driving trip when I visit our families each year. The first was about 6 years ago, and the recent one was last month. Since our family members want to see us including our dog, we always take our cocker spaniel with us for family visits. The hotel has an excellent pet policy. They are some rooms for people with pets from other rooms since some people are allergic for pet hair. When I stayed there first time, they also gave me a plastic bone, filed with plastic bags; you definitely need them when you are walking your dog. I have not used their dog bed and bowls since I carry my entire dog’s item. The hotel is always clean and rooms are large and comfortable. Most rooms in the hotel have a partial view of Ohio River and Louisville skyline. The hotel staffs are always friendly. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant few times, they were good. Normally, I booked a room with breakfast package, ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Their breakfast was always fresh. This time, I booked a room on the Club floor. I found that their breakfast in Club Lunges just as good as their restaurant, much better than some other Sheraton Hotel Club Lunges. They have scrambled egg, sausages, ham, cheese, many fruits and other cold items. I will continue to stay this hotel if I am in Louisville.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny201110
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is right next to the Ohio River and has a great restaurant with magnificent views of the river and an outside deck. There are several restaurants within steps of the hotel which also offer decks with views of the river and the multiple bridges which span it. There is also a nice walking area along the banks of the river.

The hotel is quiet and very comfortable. From the moment of my arrival I was treated so well. Roger offered some great suggestions for things to see in Louisville which turned out to be spot on. There is plenty of free parking. The journey to downtown Louisville takes about five minutes over the 2nd Avenue bridge.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank woodylimes
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here using a heavily discounted Hotwire reservation and was very pleased. The hotel is a higher-end property with spacious, nicely furnished rooms. The front desk clerk was a bit slow but was otherwise professional and competent. The place is showing a little age in places but otherwise this is a good place to stay.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Rams1994
Concord, North Carolina, Usa
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is in fine shape. The rates are more than fair and the facilities and restaurant were perfect. Extra amenities like an extra blankets were delivered to the room quickly. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. We arrived later in the evening and enjoyed our one night stay. The host at the front desk gave us directions to get back on I-65 Northbound, and then we enjoyed the rest of our trip. We will definitely be back to this Sheraton. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Leo D
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We hope you visit again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Louisville Downtown
Aloft Louisville Downtown
Aloft Louisville Downtown
#29 of 97 in Louisville

Been to Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!