“Convenient bargain.”

Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Sheraton is a quick 5 minute drive from Downtown Louisville (right across the bridge), and the hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from the downtown area. Parking at the hotel is also free. The hotel offers free wifi, a pool, and is located within walking distance of several restaurants. Some downfalls of the hotel room we had were a slight musty smell, no mini fridge, and the carpet had a fair amount of stains. Overall, staying at the Sheraton in Jeffersonville was significantly cheaper than staying across the river, and is a great option for anyone looking to see Louisville without dropping a ton on a hotel. On a side note, Louisville has ample parking, and the garages cap out at a maximum daily charge of $10 after 8 hours.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vince S

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here 2 nights on business. The Galt House and other downtown Louisville hotels were booked solid thanks to various events around town, but I was told this was actually much nicer. I did not find that to be the case.

The lobby is nice, but the my 4th floor room was desperately in need of updates. Everything from the carpet to the wallpaper just seemed shabby, and definitely much worse than what I would expect for the room rate. The toilet would start running, loudly, at random times. Wifi access seemed spotty. Be aware that the short trip over the bridge can be a nightmare when there is lots of traffic from conventions, festivals, etc.

On the plus side, the rooms were bright and well-lit, and the staff was friendly. At the end of the day though, I'll plan on staying across the river at another hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton a couple times now and no issues. I was in town for work and working a midnight shift and the staff was very curtious in not interupting my sleep during the day. I find the hotel very quiet. I am also a fan of the view and location to Louisville in that I get the views and they offer a shuttle into town (no parking worries). This is my place to stay when in Louisvile. The rooms are slightly aged/worn but the beds were confortable and room clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback and review. You mentioned that the guest room was in need of updating. I am happy to say that we are starting to work in the guestrooms this year with a project to restore our woodwork. More is also on the way in the lobby and public space on 2014. Thank you for the kind words as well. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The room was very nice and clean. The view overlooking the river was outstanding. It was several places to eat within a 5 minute walk. The fitness room was first class alone with the staff. I will certainly staff their again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bg200
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for very nice review online. We appreciate the kind words. When you are looking for availability in the future I suggest going to the sheratonlouisville.com site. We have our best options listed there. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very clean, very friendly. What you expect from a Starwood hotel. The restaurant had a great view of the river and excellent options. Louisville-adjacent (across the bridge) and staffed by a friendly team. No surprises, just what you'd expect and want.

Room Tip: From what I understand, suites have the majority of the river views. Head to the restaurant for gre...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I planned a quick trip to Chicago and rerouted to louisville due to a snowstorm scheduled to hit the Windy City. I was going to book online, but called to confirm they had a hot tub (they do btw). The lady I spoke to gave me a better rate than online and when we got there, we got a complimentary upgrade!
Room: spacious, modern, great beds, flat panel tv, view of city was only partial
Gym: great equipment, but no scale and no tvs for cardio equipment, they had free headphones but the fm didn't work very well
Pool/spa: good size, relaxing, plenty of clean towels, we also liked that we could roll right out of the hot tub into the pool
Breakfast: wouldn't know how good it was because we went to bob Evans each morning. We like to stay at embassy suites because they have the best complimentary breakfast around. Embassy was all booked. Sheraton should incorporate the complimentary cocktail hr and breakfast
Area: plenty of places to walk to...buck head directly behind the hotel was great! As far as activities go, we did the mega zip (awesome).

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at our property and sharing your feedback. Our property has a Club Lounge that offers an evening beverage and snack reception and a hot breakfast in the morning. I suggest considering Club when booking.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel is standard as the Sheraton brand is concerned. It has a nice breakfast, fitness center and pool as well as a club lounge for SPG members. The hotel is located right on the river and next to the bridge that connects Indiana and Kentucky. What stands out to me is the excellent choices for food. There are several restaurants attached to or on the hotel property. Everything from upscale to sports bar/pizza joint.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MDM1414
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed the offerings on the Sunnyside!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
#29 of 98 in Louisville
Hyatt Regency Louisville
#11 of 98 in Louisville
Central Business District
Aloft Louisville Downtown
Aloft Louisville Downtown
#19 of 98 in Louisville

Been to Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!