“The Good, the Bad, and....”

Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Jeffersonville
Franklin TN
“The Good, the Bad, and....”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

As Starwood Owners, we always look for the bar to be set at an appropriately high level. This property just meets that level. Here is the Good: Well situated with shuttle service to Louisville destinations: As our first visit to Louisville, the shuttle service was invaluable with drivers John and Micah epitomizing professionalism. Chelsea at the front desk was a.consummate professional as well. The Club Level breakfast was very nice with great views of the river. The Bad: the check in person was unpleasant and did not mention the Gold member gift or Green Choice options, which was in direct contrast to Chelsea who was doing so with other guests at check in right next to us. The facilities are in areas well designated and other areas looking like a worn motel, I.e. The Ugly. The beds were uncomfortable and the double beds and bathroom were quite small. Also, a few lights were burned out in the bathroom.
Overall, given we were in town for a wedding and had the opportunity to go to many Louisville highlights in part due to the shuttle service. it was a pleasant experience, but no question this property needs to update the faculties and review consistent personnel practices. We will be happy to return upon these improvements!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank GlobalTraveler21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel four times in the past four months. The first stay was great. After that, things went downhill. Two stays ago, the bathroom was dirty as well as the rest of the room. The carpet and walls are starting to show wear as well. This hotel is very convenient to downtown Louisville, which is why I continue to stay there. My most recent stay was last week, and it will also be my last. The bathroom was filthy. Finding hair that belongs to someone other than yourself is always a bad sign. I was not able to shower or bathe due to the conditions of the bathroom. While the bed linens were clean, the remainder of the room was not. It did not appear anything had been wiped down from the previous guest. Additionally, I did not receive a wake up call as I had requested. I expressed these concerns upon check out and the clerk asked me if I had told anyone. I hadn't due to a late check in and I didn't want to deal with being transferred to another room or wait for the room to be cleaned. The staff here is generally very nice and professional; however, the rooms are not clean.

2 Thank scs138
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was extremely disappointed to arrive at the Sheraton Louisville to learn that my guaranteed room was not honored. After an extremely long day of travel, I was shocked to learn that there was no room at the hotel and the room I had booked had been released, despite being a guaranteed booking and being charged to my credit card.

I was turned away at the door and told to go a lesser quality hotel. I had to find my way to another hotel 6 miles away.

I sent an email expressing my concern to the manager and have received no response.

I am a frequent traveller and like to stay at SPG hotels. Two years ago I spent over 50 nights at SPG properties, so I have generally been very impressed with service at most of the Starwood properties over the years.

I understand that screw up happen and my situation is not uncommon. What did surprise me though was the lack of follow up from the manager and the failure to respond to my queries about my bill.

2 Thank Vanvcouverguy
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am sorry for the problems that you experienced at our property last week when we did not have your room available. We should have taken quick ownership of our mistake and followed up immediately. I appreciate your loyalty to the brand. If I can do anything further, please contact me at the hotel. PG
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel room rate was extremely affordable and the location was convenient with beautiful views. The location was perfect, there were several restaurants within walking distance and Louisville was right across the river. The customer service was excellent.....I went to breakfast after the scheduled "breakfast time" but they still gave me something to eat.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the ice machine it was loud.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for stopping through Jeffersonville. We appreciate your kind words about t the staff and property.
kanas city, mo
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just finished another 8 night stay at this great hotel during Kentucky Derby week. This was my 7th or 8th week long stay in the past 10 years, always a great trip.

The hotel is right on the river with great skyline/river views and is very clean and comfortable with a great location to downtown Louisville, as well as the immediate area in Jeffersonville which is nice and very walk able as well. "Downtown" Jeffersonville, a 10 minute walk or 1 minute drive, is also nice and convenient for banking, drug stores, post office and some local shopping as well.The hotel is just across the river from downtown Louisville. 3 minute drive, shuttle ride or 30 minute walk across the bridge ( I try to do it once a trip at least).

What really sets this property apart is the amazing staff. They are all great, bartenders, club lounge attendants, bellmen, house keeping and maintenance.

I received tremendous service from Andy Katz (the revenue manager) in coordinating my multiple rooms and broken reservations. Chelsea and Ron at the front desk were also always helpful, and Frank is the best shuttle driver / bellman / concierge and all around great guy I think I have found in any hotel.

There is great SPG Platinum recognition at this property in terms of room upgrade when available, points, club access etc but am sure their great service extends to all guests at the hotel.

I stay 140+ nights a year in SPG properties and for comfort, convenience and outstanding service this is the best year in and year out.

If you are in Louisville for work or vacation and want great proximity to downtown and / or Churchill downs, stay here.

Room Tip: west side to get best river views
1 Thank resipsaKCMO
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for the very kind words. Our people are fantastic! I will make sure Chelsea, Ron, and Andy all hear your feedback.
chicago
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Wonderful view from this property of the Ohio River; Second floor restaurant provides great views and a wonderful cocktail. An appetizer of the stock the Green Chili Won Ton's and some warm up beverages. The view was great

Dinner for my wife and I consisted of the half bacon wedge salad and several glasses of Riesling, several Bacardi and Coke's and the Lobster Ravioli. A side salad with Ranch accompanied the Ravioli We split the home fries; these ROCK!!

Room was a nice, large Club Floor King. Bed was sweet Sleeper from Sheraton. All in all, great night! I would recommend this for anyone wanting to spend some time in Louisville. Close to downtown, but far enough to get away; Food is great, and service is outstanding.

This is THE place to select in Louisville. Take it from an SPG Platinum member.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a King Room on the Club Floor. You will be assured 24 hour access. Breakfast, d...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hacker0124
Thank you! The Bristol is an awesome partner at the property!
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My wife had s Persian dance workshop at U of L. Got a great rate for the stay. Close to restaurants, river walk. Great stay and great town. The only downside if trip was the horrible traffic due to road construction

• Stayed April 2014
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for the nice words. The region is adding two new bridges and there are delays in the downtown area and on the interstates during the high rush times.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jeffersonville
Galt House Hotel
Hyatt Regency Louisville
#10 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!