Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
  • Pool
Value Inn(Jeffersonville)
US$72
US$99
All reviewsthe riverfront deskthe club loungenice hotelacross the bridgebreakfast buffetspg platinumfree parkingminute drivewalking distancewould stay here againonly stayed one nightup to datestaff was friendlyupon checkchurchill downsfamily reunion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good value for the price. I have been staying in this hotel 2-3 nights a ~2 months a quarter for a few years now, the info is based on these experiences.

Pros:
• Shuttle service, including to / from the airport (arrange in advance) and to local sites, including downtown Louisville, which is very close and right across a bridge on the river
• Lots of plugs in the room
• Nice stand-up showers – clean
• Staff is always friendly
• Good views from many rooms of the river – sunset if your facing West and sunrise if your facing East is great (ask for higher floor to take advantage of this)
• Several restaurants right across the street (easy walk), so always something different to choose from food-wise (beyond the hotel bar & restaurant)

Cons:
• Lighting in the room isn’t great – even with the curtains open, it’s quite dark
• Breakfast buffet quality has not be great lately
• Service at the Bristol restaurant can be slow, but the staff is always friendly

Room Tip: Get $5 to use onsite or an 500 extra points by using the green alternative and skipping housekeeping for the day! Rooms next to the elevator and ice machine can be quite loud all times of the night, so try and avoid this
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend of Thunder Over Louisville. Location is perfect! Rooms were quiet, clean and very comfortable. Service was fine. We had room service, food was average service was slow but that is a very busy weekend for them so we expected some delays.
Would stay here again for Thunder Over Louisville. Several good place to shop and eat within a short distance.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

As Starwood Owners, we always look for the bar to be set at an appropriately high level. This property just meets that level. Here is the Good: Well situated with shuttle service to Louisville destinations: As our first visit to Louisville, the shuttle service was invaluable with drivers John and Micah epitomizing professionalism. Chelsea at the front desk was a.consummate professional as well. The Club Level breakfast was very nice with great views of the river. The Bad: the check in person was unpleasant and did not mention the Gold member gift or Green Choice options, which was in direct contrast to Chelsea who was doing so with other guests at check in right next to us. The facilities are in areas well designated and other areas looking like a worn motel, I.e. The Ugly. The beds were uncomfortable and the double beds and bathroom were quite small. Also, a few lights were burned out in the bathroom.
Overall, given we were in town for a wedding and had the opportunity to go to many Louisville highlights in part due to the shuttle service. it was a pleasant experience, but no question this property needs to update the faculties and review consistent personnel practices. We will be happy to return upon these improvements!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GlobalTraveler21
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel four times in the past four months. The first stay was great. After that, things went downhill. Two stays ago, the bathroom was dirty as well as the rest of the room. The carpet and walls are starting to show wear as well. This hotel is very convenient to downtown Louisville, which is why I continue to stay there. My most recent stay was last week, and it will also be my last. The bathroom was filthy. Finding hair that belongs to someone other than yourself is always a bad sign. I was not able to shower or bathe due to the conditions of the bathroom. While the bed linens were clean, the remainder of the room was not. It did not appear anything had been wiped down from the previous guest. Additionally, I did not receive a wake up call as I had requested. I expressed these concerns upon check out and the clerk asked me if I had told anyone. I hadn't due to a late check in and I didn't want to deal with being transferred to another room or wait for the room to be cleaned. The staff here is generally very nice and professional; however, the rooms are not clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank scs138
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was extremely disappointed to arrive at the Sheraton Louisville to learn that my guaranteed room was not honored. After an extremely long day of travel, I was shocked to learn that there was no room at the hotel and the room I had booked had been released, despite being a guaranteed booking and being charged to my credit card.

I was turned away at the door and told to go a lesser quality hotel. I had to find my way to another hotel 6 miles away.

I sent an email expressing my concern to the manager and have received no response.

I am a frequent traveller and like to stay at SPG hotels. Two years ago I spent over 50 nights at SPG properties, so I have generally been very impressed with service at most of the Starwood properties over the years.

I understand that screw up happen and my situation is not uncommon. What did surprise me though was the lack of follow up from the manager and the failure to respond to my queries about my bill.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vanvcouverguy
Patrick40206, General Manager at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I am sorry for the problems that you experienced at our property last week when we did not have your room available. We should have taken quick ownership of our mistake and followed up immediately. I appreciate your loyalty to the brand. If I can do anything further, please contact me at the hotel. PG