Pretty Beach House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$99
Mantra Ettalong Beach(Ettalong Beach)(Great Value!)
US$143
Tiarri Terrigal(Terrigal)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
Hotels.com
Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat(Terrigal)(Great Value!)
US$126
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsplunge poolcourse degustationworth every centbrisbane watersinclude mealsclementinemanfredibayviewbushluxurypropertygeoffrelaxationaccommodationdrivewaychalethosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Pretty much what everyone else said. There is nothing at all to fault. They've thought of everything and the food is outstanding. The staff are plentiful and beautifully trained: there when you want them, and unobtrusive when you don't. It is incredibly expensive, but provides complete value.
Katrina's lemon tart is the best thing I've ever eaten. Except for her pizza. Be very hungry when you arrive.
The best pavilion, I think, is the middle-priced one - Hideaway, I think it's called. It's the most private, and is one level.
If I could stay nowhere else ever again, but could come here every year, I would still be happy.

4  Thank teachers_on_tour
Bells107, Manager at Pretty Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

Thank you. We are thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to next time!

Reviewed 26 March 2011

So many lovely memories from just a weekend stay. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome, and very much at home. Although the weather was stormy, the house and grounds nestled among the red gums was a beautiful place to be. Having a chef like Stefano Manfredi personally cook a degustation menu for us, the only guests on one particular night, was a very rare treat. Combined with a wisely stocked cellar, it is a gastronome's delight.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustinHD
Reviewed 21 January 2011

The beach house is located in the Bouddi National Park. There are easy walks to several beaches. Some of the beaches are practically unvisited by other tourists due to being out of the way. This is an area of exceptional natural beauty.

The facility itself is incredibly beautiful and relaxing. The rooms are cool, modern and soothing. They provide a variety of snacks and libations in your room included. The food is simple, fresh and delicious. The simplicity of the food belies the skill needed to prepare it. The freshness and quality of the ingredients can speak for itself. The selection is excellent and everything is prepared from scratch at the moment it is to be consumed. As mentioned in other reviews, the wine cellar provides a variety of good to excellent wines to be enjoyed ad hoc.

Regarding the service, they are there to make your stay great. As much or as little interaction as you want will be provided. During part of my stay, as the only guest there, there were three to five different people at any time doting over me.

There is not a whole lot to do here but it doesn't really matter because the place is so beautiful and relaxing. The staff are genuinely interested in the fulfillment of your stay. The natural beauty of the surroundings--blue water, scenic views of sandstone cliffs, beaches as smooth and pure as Elle McPherson's cheek-- will nourish your soul. I spent most of my time exploring the local area on foot and just relaxing in general. I left refreshed.

That said, you can be as active or passive as you like and there are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. I hiked, ran, swam, surfed and went on a Hunter valley wine tour while there.

Noting there was a negative review on here recently, I asked the folks at Pretty Beach House about it. The issue was apparently valid on the part of the guest and has been addressed--you will not have the negative experience a prior reviewer did.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for luxury in New South Wales and would definitely go again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank SKS1969
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My wife and I were looking for a luxury weekend break close to Sydney and we found it in Pretty Beach House. An easy 1.5 Hr drive from North Sydney through some great country side all without the many joys of airports and flying!

Arrived mid-morning where we were warmly greeted and taken straight to our pavilion (Hideaway – definitely the best of the three in terms of location from what I could see).

Had lunch in our Pavilion which was our first sampling of Mr Manfredi’s wonderful cuisine, incredibly fresh and delicate, which only seemed to get better as the trip progressed.

Service was very relaxed and helpful, in keeping with what you would expect from a property of this calibre in Australia.

All evening meals were taken in the intimate and stylish dining room, the ability to choose your wine from the modest but well stocked cellar was a nice touch.

When rating this property the only area where it fell short was in the area of value. As with many things Australian at the moment when you compare the prices with those of International resorts of a similar standing (Certainly not limited to this property) the value question always comes into play. That said after three days of unbridled consumption I was pleased to note no additional charges on the bill as is sometimes the case with these “All inclusive” Australian properties.

With all that said, if you are looking for a luxury break close to Sydney with great food, relaxed but attentive service PBH would be hard to beat!

2  Thank Stephen02
Reviewed 9 January 2011

If I won the lottery this is what I would do.

I would buy 8 acres of glorious land on a hillside in a national park with vistas of the estuary and surrounding hills. I would then put a main house and 3 beautifully appointed and private rooms with their own pools around the grounds, get them designed in a way that blends with the surroundings and have them furnished like something out of a design magazine. Then I would hire a top chef from a local famous restaurant who can cook the most sublime meals before finally making sure the staff would be the most friendly and down to earth I can find. That way I could make it feel like a private residence and entertain my friends 24/7 in surroundings they would never forget.

Pretty beach house allows you to sample all of the above. Marita and her staff including Shady the chef were excellent. The food was of such quality that it rivaled any top flight restaurant I have ever eaten in. We took treetops and it was magnificent. Is it good value for a hotel room, of course not but then at this level it isn't about the room. Compare this to the cost of renting a private villa for a period and then it starts to look competitive. We had the property to ourselves for 2 days but even when full, with only 6 guests on the premises it all feels very private. Want to play the piano in the bar before dinner ? Go for it. Dinner out by the main pool ? Not a problem. Prawns and pizza for lunch ? Our pleasure.

Now where did I put those lottery tickets ?