“Great manager's reception”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kendallville
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great manager's reception”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The check-in process was fast and efficient, and the best touch was the manager's reception with one free cocktail. The location is close to restaurants and a Wal-Mart. The room was huge and had 3 sheets and soft and firm pillows. Had a little trouble getting the room temp. Comfortable though.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kzooman72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights on this trip. Have also stayed here on other trips. Will NEVER stay here again. I was triple charged for both our rooms. The staff was very, very rude. They lied directly to my face about the charges and then got extremely rude when I corrected them. Hotel is renovated. But it's like putting lipstick on a pig. Long story short, Stay somewhere else!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Daniel W,
I would like to extend my gratitude to you for leaving a comment regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us and that there was an issue with the billing of your rooms. Please know that your comments have been discussed with the appropriate management and we will make sure that your billing issue is corrected. I am sorry that we let you down and I hope that you will except my apologies for your disappointment with us. If we can ever be of service to you again, or if you have any other questions or comments we would love to hear from you.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I checked in late in the evening. The lady at check-in was friendly and helpful.
When I opened the door to my room, I was overwhelmed with a stuffy smell as if the room had been closed for a year with no ventilation. I quickly turned on both air conditioners and the exhaust fan in the restroom. This did not help before I went to bed.
The next morning, I left the room and came back. When I entered the room in the morning, I noticed it still smelled stuffy but not nearly as bad. I would guess another day with the air conditioners running would make a huge improvement.
Note to hotel staff: Leave the air conditioners and/or exhaust fans on so the rooms don't smell horrible.
A small issue I noticed on the bill: An incorrect Priority Club / IHG Rewards Club membership number is on the bill. I called and the issue was resolved promptly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is used often so it doesn't smell stuffy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Mike E,
I would like to thank you for the review that you left for us. Our guest's comments are very important to us. I would like to apologize for letting you down in regards to the stuffiness and smell in your room and also for the correction of your Rewards Club Membership number. I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve this issue for you. Our staff tries very hard to meet our guest's needs, and I am sorry that we have let you down. We will do our best to correct these issues in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your comments.
Chicago Heights
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our Golf league went to Kendallville Indiana in Aug for our annual trip from Chicago Illinois. We were very happy not only with our accomidations but the exceptional service provided to our members. Even with many changes ( on our part) all the way up to arrival the staff and management took care of our needs.
If you want to golf in the Kendallville area I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express. They really take care of golfers. Sandra and her staff handeled our golf needs as well as Rick from Noble Hawk Golf course. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edward K
Brenda485, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Edward K,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review you gave regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Kendallville. We are thrilled to hear back from our guests and were so excited to hear that we were able to meet the needs of your golf league. We work very hard to make our guests feel happy and comfortable during their stay with us and I am happy that we could be of service to you. Have a great time on your golfing excursions and we hope to see you again soon.
Candler, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at your motel from Friday, Sept. 6 thru Sept 9th. We were pleased with everything except the last night there. Our room rate increased from $72.00 per night to $93.00 on Monday, Sept. 9th without our knowledge or any notification. Needless to say, we were most disappointed with this.

As far as the room, it was very clean and the breakfast was awesome.

A shout out to the girls at the front desk as they were so nice and friendly but never notified us prior to any rate change. Appears there must be a breakdown in communication somewhere!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Brenda485, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Ronald R,
I would like to extend my gratitude to you for your review and comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Kendallville. We love to hear feedback from our guests. I would like to personally apologize for any break down in communication regarding the rate for your last night of stay with us. I understand that you extended your stay for this night and stopped by the front desk to take care of this. At that time you initialed the new registration card that indicated there was a different rate for that night. Our hotel and employees are not permitted to change a rate without your knowledge. However, I can understand how this may have been confusing since it was a different rate than your previous rate. We strive very hard to make our guests feel comfortable and happy during their stay with us, and I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. We appreciate you being our guest. We are sending you a coupon for a future stay with us, and also a copy of your initialed registration card indicating the rate change. We hope this will help to clear up any confusion or miscommunication. I am happy that you were pleased with the rest of your stay with us. Once again, I would like to extend my apologies for any confusion regarding your extended night of stay with us and I hope that I have been able to clear up any confusion or break down in communication. We are very happy that you chose to stay with us and for your very valuable feedback. If we can be of service to you again, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Michigan, USA
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This Holiday Inn Express (Kendallville, IN) was a very nice surprise. The staff was first rate, all area's were clean and neat, the room was well furnished. One of the Very Best stays in an off the beaten path hotel that I have stayed in. Very well done!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Donald S,
We would like to extend our gratitude for the wonderful comments and review you gave us regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Kendallville. We are so happy to hear that you found our hotel to be nice and clean, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in making our guests feel comfortable while they stay with us. We wish you all the best in your future travels and hope that you will come back and see us one day.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This HIE is not really right on the main road but we found it along the way and recommend it. A nice location on Highway 6. Rooms were nice and spacious with microwave and refrigerator - always a plus. Breakfast starts really early (5:30) if you want to get on the road quickly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jwkrengel
Jwkrengel,
I would like to thank you for the very kind comments and review you gave us regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Kendallville. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and would recommend us to others. We take great pride in meeting our guests needs while they stay with us, and we are very happy that we were able to do this for you. We wish you all the best in your future travels and hope to see you again one day.
Brenda L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendallville
Best Western Kendallville Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 7 in Auburn
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kendalville? Share your experiences!