“The sheets were the highlight..”

Holiday Inn Express Kendalville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kendallville
Chicago, Illinois
“The sheets were the highlight..”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Location is good, hotel is clean. Breakfast is mediocre, grab the cinnamon rolls. The refrigerator in the room is loud when it clicks on, I had to unplug it and do NOT get a room on the 1st floor. VERY loud at all hours of the night/morning, it would have been nice if the front desk warned us of this. The bathroom was clean with the exception of a stained shower curtain. With all that being said, the sheets look and smell SUPER clean and the pillows are very comfortable!

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 1st floor, it is super noisy because of the front desk and pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Inocense,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked our convenient location as well as the cleanliness of our hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Kendallville, IN hotel for a wedding and I found this hotel disappointing the beds are way too firm, pillows are low low quality. The breakfast food was the horrible, they had uncooked sausages, eggs that were inedible and biscuits hard as a rock. We complained to the staff and all they said "its good, sausage cooked good" but the sausage was pink. The food was of low and unhealthy quality.Housekeeping never changed the sheets and always moved our stuff in our room. The towels were old and really rough. The ceiling was leaking in their hallway and their washing machine ruined our clothes. We had a really bad experience at this place and the some of the staff was rude at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
CrewMom40, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Jake, I am very sorry that you were not happy with your stay here. Rest assured that I am speaking with all of my team members to ensure that your concerns are addressed. I would like to let you know that we had our maintenance team repair the leaky pipe as soon as they were able. I also apologize that we did not do a more adequate job of responding to your breakfast concerns. Our pre-cooked sausage links are always heated to a proper internal temperature to ensure their safety and healthiness. Once again, thank you for your review so that we may work hard at improving our processes for future stays.
Ohio
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed at this HIE in Kendalville for one night while visiting friends nearby. This was a great last minute stay; the hotel was further away than the one in Auburn but was quite a bit cheaper which made the extra 10 minute drive worth it to me.

My room was right next to the front desk so I didn't get to see much of the hotel. I didn't get a chance to use the pool, weight room, or business center so no comments there. My room was nice and clean; and had everything I was expecting. The breakfast was pretty good too, as this hotel still offers scrambled eggs and not just biscuits and gravy. They also have an automatic pancake maker which was a nice addition. Of course the cinnamon rolls that are usually found at HIE locations were excellent.

The staff was friendly and both check-in and out went smoothly. I don't visit this area very often, but if I ever do again in the future this will be my first choice. Recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The check-in process was fast and efficient, and the best touch was the manager's reception with one free cocktail. The location is close to restaurants and a Wal-Mart. The room was huge and had 3 sheets and soft and firm pillows. Had a little trouble getting the room temp. Comfortable though.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kzooman72
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights on this trip. Have also stayed here on other trips. Will NEVER stay here again. I was triple charged for both our rooms. The staff was very, very rude. They lied directly to my face about the charges and then got extremely rude when I corrected them. Hotel is renovated. But it's like putting lipstick on a pig. Long story short, Stay somewhere else!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Daniel W,
I would like to extend my gratitude to you for leaving a comment regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us and that there was an issue with the billing of your rooms. Please know that your comments have been discussed with the appropriate management and we will make sure that your billing issue is corrected. I am sorry that we let you down and I hope that you will except my apologies for your disappointment with us. If we can ever be of service to you again, or if you have any other questions or comments we would love to hear from you.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I checked in late in the evening. The lady at check-in was friendly and helpful.
When I opened the door to my room, I was overwhelmed with a stuffy smell as if the room had been closed for a year with no ventilation. I quickly turned on both air conditioners and the exhaust fan in the restroom. This did not help before I went to bed.
The next morning, I left the room and came back. When I entered the room in the morning, I noticed it still smelled stuffy but not nearly as bad. I would guess another day with the air conditioners running would make a huge improvement.
Note to hotel staff: Leave the air conditioners and/or exhaust fans on so the rooms don't smell horrible.
A small issue I noticed on the bill: An incorrect Priority Club / IHG Rewards Club membership number is on the bill. I called and the issue was resolved promptly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is used often so it doesn't smell stuffy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brenda485, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Mike E,
I would like to thank you for the review that you left for us. Our guest's comments are very important to us. I would like to apologize for letting you down in regards to the stuffiness and smell in your room and also for the correction of your Rewards Club Membership number. I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve this issue for you. Our staff tries very hard to meet our guest's needs, and I am sorry that we have let you down. We will do our best to correct these issues in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your comments.
Chicago Heights
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our Golf league went to Kendallville Indiana in Aug for our annual trip from Chicago Illinois. We were very happy not only with our accomidations but the exceptional service provided to our members. Even with many changes ( on our part) all the way up to arrival the staff and management took care of our needs.
If you want to golf in the Kendallville area I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express. They really take care of golfers. Sandra and her staff handeled our golf needs as well as Rick from Noble Hawk Golf course. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edward K
Brenda485, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Edward K,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review you gave regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Kendallville. We are thrilled to hear back from our guests and were so excited to hear that we were able to meet the needs of your golf league. We work very hard to make our guests feel happy and comfortable during their stay with us and I am happy that we could be of service to you. Have a great time on your golfing excursions and we hope to see you again soon.
Brenda L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendallville
Best Western Kendallville Inn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#2 of 7 in Auburn
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kendalville? Share your experiences!