Holiday Inn Express Kendalville
US$93
US$89
Priceline
US$112
All reviewshospitality roomfront deskcinnamon bunsgreat golfgreat place to staypleasant stayhot tubking roomcontinental breakfastmarissaindianachlorinedustaccommodationsmicrowave
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We were there last week for Softball game and we enjoyed our stay with family. We stayed in many Holiday Inn but this one was far better than previous. Staff is really good specially front manager Anki was really helpful. Kids enjoyed the breakfast they also start an hour early for us which personally expressed me. Room were clean and my wife was really happy with bed was so comfortable. thank you for good service we are coming back for sure.

Stayed: August 2014
ashish505, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing The Holiday Inn Express for your stay at Kendallville IN.
I am happy to know that we have succeeded in meeting your expectations. Your kind thoughts motivate us to always present our best hospitality.
Thank you very much for recognizing the efforts made by the team and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Kendallville.
Best regards

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Between 2007-2009, I stayed at this hotel very often (several days each month). Since 2009, my stays are less frequent due to a job change. However, each time that I do return, it's like coming home. Even though there are always staff changes, the overall graciousness of the staff makes me feel at home. The owner, Mr. Ashish Patel, is usually on-site (as he was this past weekend). He demonstrates by example the kind of hospitality he desires of his staff. For example, he will walk around during breakfast and dispose of people's plates, etc., after they finish eating. Of course, his staff catches on! The front desk manager, Mr. Ankit Khatri, was new to me; but, again, he couldn't have been more helpful. The room was maintained very well, and the housekeeper asked me several times if everything met my expectations. I will continue to stay at the Kendallville HIE whenever I travel westward from Ohio...my home away from home.

Room Tip: As they say in the Bible, "Ask and you shall receive." In short, describe your needs to the front desk folks, and your needs will be accommodated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sister Katherin... W
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff was tremendous. The owner was on site the entire weekend and very accommodating. It was obvious that they valued our business. Breakfast was great. Location was close to the courses that we played and conveniently located near the main drag. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ashish505, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services.

At The Holiday Inn Express Kendallville, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and genuine service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Holiday Inn Express Kendallville and look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincere regards

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a group of 16 who stayed 2 nights as part of a golf package. Check in was smooth, rooms were very clean and comfortable. The Staff was excellent, friendly and helpful and provided us with a hospitality room for us to gather and checking to make sure we had everything we needed. Very good breakfast offerings in the morning. We would absolutely return again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the incredible review.

We are delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We strive every day to deliver the best experiences to our guests and extremely grateful when these are being recognized.
Your words about Holiday Inn Express Kendallville hospitality are extremely valuable, thank you so much for appreciating it so graciously.

Our team is an asset to the company and it gives me great pleasure to share your feedback with them.
We would love to see you again soon and for longer time!

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My company signed an agreement with Holiday Inn to be the hotel of choice nationwide. I have stayed at Holiday Inns in the past but must say they were always my 3rd choice after 2 other major brands. This was my first stay under the new program and I was reminded very quickly why I have stayed away. First the positives. The staff was friendly. One for sure was from another country however spoke English. That's all the good I can say about this place. Once I got to the room, I found a very stuffy environment. The air-conditioner was turned off and it was nearly high 85° this day. I immediately turned it on high however it was until the next morning until it actually felt comfortable in the room. As far as cleanliness of the room the carpets had stains all over them, stains on the ceiling where something possibly was leaking, stains on the tile in the bathroom. I noticed the bathroom smell just a little bit but couldn't figure out what it was until the second night. The toilet appeared to not have been cleaned under the rim for several months.
I noticed the man at check in was staying at the hotel quite often. It turned out to be the manager, and I later found out he was actually staying at the hotel as a resident on the third floor. I didn't bring any of these items up since he was actually a resident there I figured it wouldn't go no farther than him.
I also notice the manager taking apart the pancake maker during breakfast. Of course this was after I had already gotten my pancake and then I saw him take out the filter that was completely black and I also saw where the pancake batter had run over inside the pancake machine and was caked on to the side. Completely disgusting. After I saw that, I did not eat my pancake and ended up putting it in the trash. I hope my experience at the Holiday Inn is not what I will be seeing at other locations in the future.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pennybags
ashish505, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Kendalville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and please accept our sincerest apologies for such an unpleasant experience. It is hugely embarrassing and as you can see from the many review not reflective of our service delivery we strive for.
We cannot turn the clocks back and strongly believe we can regain your confidence, please do contact us on your next visit to Kendallville, IN.

With warm regards