“GOING DOWN HILL”

Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kentland
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here every year for the past 30 some years because our family reunion is in Earl Park. Plus its the only motel close. Over the years it continues to go down hill. When it was the Holiday Inn it was not to bad. This last year you could really tell the decline. Not very clean at all. It says its smoke free but our room smelled like someone had been smoking in it and this was our second day there. We had a 4 day stay. They went in the room and sprayed some stuff. It masked the oder. Our family book a lot of rooms during the first weekend in Aug. every year. The staff took a lot of smoke breaks. One staff members boyfriend was hanging out there telling stories to our family members about their house being haunted. It really freaked out our cousin. It looked like maybe some staff were living there full time. Our son rented a room with his family and the air didn't work. The gave them a fan but the blade was broken on it. They asked for another room but told they were full. Finally their second day without air they gave them another room. Bad thing was our grandson has severe asthma.

Don't get me wrong. The staff is very nice and have been good to our family over the years. We just notice the decline. We noticed some new people coming in about a room and no one at the desk. The people finally left. I also miss the handicap steps they use to have to get into the pool. Now some of us can't use the pool. To hard to get in & out of. Still will stay here as long as it doesn't get any worse.

• Stayed: August 2013
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay when you was here in august, we always look forward each year to seeing you and your family.

We redid the pool 4 years ago and that's when those steps was replaced. I have had a talk with the staff members about your concerns so it shouldn't happen anymore.

As you could tell when you was here we have redone the outside and we are in the process of renovating the hotel. I know that you have been coming here for many years and we look forward to seeing you in august of 2014.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very dated, air worked at times, but not consistently. Room was quiet and generally clean. No elevator and stairs were dirty. If you are looking to sleep only in this room, it will serve that purpose.

• Stayed: September 2013
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for your review. Just to let you know we are in the process of renovating our hotel. The air conditioners work just like central air in your home once they reach a curtain tempture it shuts off and will come back on when the room heats back up. We hope that the next time you are in our area you join us for another stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times over the years. While it was still a HI Express, it was great. Sadly, it just continues to decline. It's not expensive, and is the only show in town, but it really just doesn't cut it anymore. This time, our reservation was wrong (which they did make right), and the room looked clean at first glance, but there were bugs skittering across the floor when we went in. I realized with horror that the shower curtain was filthy, and the beds had no mattress pads (just a threadbare sheet on the mattress--is that even legal.) Some of the staff were very friendly, but some barely acknowledged us. It's just kind of sad...it goes more downhill every time we are there, and nobody seems to care enough to stop it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We care about our guest and try to give our guest the best that we offer. Please accept my apologies and i will look into the problems that occured during your stay. We are located next to the fields which can be the reason why you might have seen the insects but we have a extermatetior that comes every month. I do apoloogize that not all staff members acknowledged you and have addressed this with each one. We do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I am from Benton county and I know not to expect a grand hotel in Kentland....but when I opened the door to my room it was very musty odor the floors were clean looking but you could see the pile up of dirt in corners and dead bugs as well...the water is very hard and that's why I chose a hotel over family but even here its very hard...you feel a film from the water....its a cheap hotel old and dated....I learned my lesson...stay with family...not worth the price...

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AaronGoodman
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay.Please accept my sincerest apologies. We do have a water softener in our hotel. I will address with the housekeepers the issues that you had with the room. We do hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area visiting your family. We here at the Kentland Red Roof Inn strive to provide every guest with superior service.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We wanted a room while driving home from our Chicago trip in the middle of the night. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful! It was a relief after the busy week we had and just wanted to relax for a night or two. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. They kept it well cooled and I slept like a rock!!! Continental breakfast was not what I had hoped. Lots of cheap items, however, it fed us and we were grateful. Swimming pool needed maintainence but we were the only people in there and enjoyed it. It was a great place to get away from it all. After spending loads of money in Chicago, this place was a great value!! It served its purpose. It was not luxurious, but it definitely was a relief to spend a couple of nights here to relax before returning home!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Brighteyedmedic
Patricia P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for your postive review. I will pass along to the staff the nice things that you said about us. I hope you had a nice time in chicago and glad that you stopped by our hotel. We try to give our guest the best. I'm sorry that our continental breakfast didn't meet your expectations, I will take under advisement your thoughts. We do hope that if your back in this area again that you stop in and see us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Checked in to a smelly and dirty room, and the continental breakfast are NASTY! maybe thats why they seem to not care! I will never go to Kentland, Indiana again!
* I love to go to Lafayette, Indiana! Lafayette is a VERY NEAT and FRIENDLY!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank christy b
Bobby S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

I am sorry that your stay wasn't a good stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies I will look into the problems that you had when you was here and fix them. It is our hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed at this facility for a week as we do every summer. Staying here is like visiting old friends. The hotel itself is comfortable but it is the staff that makes the stay so pleasant. The staff is professional, accommodating, and most of all friendly. Patty, Candace, Marilyn and the rest of the staff do everything to meet our needs and make our trip awesome! Thank you all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words. We always look forward to seeing you every year. I will be sure to share with the other staff what you said. We like to make this your home when you are here with us. Can't wait to see you next year. Again thank you and have a good rest of the year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kentland
Comfort Suites
Super 8 Watseka
#1 of 1 in Watseka
Interstate Motel - Rensselaer
Pheasant Country Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland? Share your experiences!