“Envious xx”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Judbury
Horse-Haven Farmstay
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed for a week and didn't want to leave. The whole family enjoyed the fresh air and being involved in the whole running of the place. Connie is super generous with her veggie patch as well as her positive spirit. Thank you it is a holiday we will never forget.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Belinda2213

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed for 5 nights with our 2 sons aged 9 and 2. The boys loved helping to feed the goats, poneys, rabbits and chooks. Our eldest had his first horse ride and loved it. The poneys are great with kids and Conny is a fantastic host.
We stayed in the Farm cottage which was very clean and cosy (despite the rain and cooler temperatures outside). The rivulet is very pretty and relaxing. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My friends and i had a good time staying at the cottage which was very well decorated. We loved the beautiful view of huonville as we drove along judd creek road where the farm is located. The air was so fresh in the morning and it was lovely to follow Conny around to feed the animals. We had a great time milking the goat and enjoyed eating the fresh farm produce which Conny supplied, not forgetting her welcome muffins which were very delicious. We could see that she genuinely cared for her animals and she was really good with the horses. Highly recommended for those who love nature and want to unwind.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had such a wonderful, relaxed and enjoyable experience. We stayed in the farm cottage, whilst friends and their son stayed in the farm house. It's a fantastic place, for kids and adults, with very happy chooks, rabbits, friendly goats and beautiful horses. Connie was a fantastic host, generous with her time in amongst running a farm, teaching my 9yr old son to milk a goat and to ride on a gorgeous horse called Le Duce.
There's a creek to explore, billy brown falls and just walking through the property (with pockets full of carrots for the horses) was just so lovely. Horsehaven is a beautiful property and Connie is a wonderful host. We had such a great stay and look forward to returning very soon. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and loved it - it wasn't long enough!! We have two boys aged 6 and 3. Conny was great with them - taught them how to milk her goats. They also enjoyed a pony ride with her. We stayed in the smaller cottage - at first I thought it may be a bit cramped for the four of us but they boys loved us all sleeping in the same room. The cottage is decorated very thoughtfully. There were even children's books left out for us to read the boys. It's such a relaxing setting - I think it would be impossible to feel stressed here. Would definitely book to come back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at Horse Haven about 2 weeks ago and it was one of the most restful vacations I’d ever taken. It’s nestled in the lush Huon Valley about 1 hour away from Hobart or 15 minutes away from Huonville, and it is an absolute gem. Since I visited in early spring, I was treated to blooming yellow wattle trees, fresh air and rain-washed blue skies. Very picturesque, especially with horses grazing peacefully out my kitchen and bathroom windows! In fact, I have beautiful country views out of every window of my cottage. There were 2 cottages and I stayed in the family-sized, double-storied cottage, which I highly recommend because it comes with a fully-stocked kitchen (yes, sugar and salt are provided) which even comes with full baking supplies in case I felt up to whipping up a cake – I didn’t, because Conny kindly plied me with her fresh baked goodies over the few days I was there (her muffins and raspberry cheesecake are especially good!) – a bathroom with bathtub and a wonderful old-fashioned, wood-burning stove. There is one bedroom on the ground floor with one double and one single bed, and the entire upstairs loft is cosy with another double bed and 2 more singles. There is even a wide verandah/balcony at the back of the house where you can sit with a steaming cuppa and listen to the Huon river running below. Very soothing. I peeked in the other, smaller cottage and it has the same warm and inviting vibe and all the facilities in the big cottage, except that it’s heated with a modern heater. Because the cottages back out onto a gentle slope leading down to the river, with a hill on the other side, it’s possible to spot wildlife/ hear unique birdcalls and I’ve seen a “resident” pademelon a couple of times around the property. Conny also keeps chooks with gorgeous plumage, friendly goats, plump rabbits and very gentle horses. You can choose to follow Conny on her morning rounds where she’ll feed the animals, milk the goat etc, then take a ride in the afternoon. What I liked about her pastured horses is that they are ridden bit-less and are only shoed on their forelegs. These animals are obviously contented and are ready to be ridden at a moment’s notice. They are respectful of humans. I rode a pretty bay called La Douce and she’s truly sweet-natured and easy to handle, even on the road with cars going by or passing other horses in their pastures. Conny will walk by your side to ensure an even safer ride. What’s more, the surrounding countryside is quite picturesque with appropriate riding trails for different levels. One of my beginner level rides even took me past a miniature pony breeding farm, which was interesting. Animal lovers will love this place, as would those in the city seeking the countryside air and quiet. It’s tucked away deep enough in the valley to have me feeling like I was leaving my current life behind for a few days, yet it’s only 15 minutes to the nearest Woolworth’s. I enjoyed the hospitality too and felt really taken care of here. The personal factor is huge here – Conny is always making sure that everything’s going smoothly, and she even lent me sweaters and gum boots because I hadn’t packed adequately for the changing Tasmanian weather. Try her cooking if you have a chance to – her generous breakfast comes complete with cheese and fruit platter and yummy coffee made from milk from her goats. I would definitely come back when I have a chance to – I’m already missing her sweet gentle horses!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We spent 2 delightful nights in the farmhouse with our son, while friends stayed in the adjacent cottage. Beautiful property, far exceeding our expectation with plenty of fresh air, homemade raspberry muffins, goats, chooks, bunnies, bandicoots, a creek and of course ponies. My son had his first riding experience ( thanks Patches) and was beautifully supported by Connie. Two friendly families could easily share the farmhouse ( beds -2 queen and 3 single) which was warm, rustic and comfortable with lovely touches like fresh flowers and ample firewood. Fantastic local walk to Billy Brown falls is a must see.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Been to Horse-Haven Farmstay? Share your experiences!