“My favorite place - please don't come...”

Kimmell House Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kimmell
Kimmell House Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Kimmell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you come, you will just keep coming back and they won't have room for us!!! We have stayed at B & B's all over the US and Canada. This is the best! We found this by accident while on vacation in Summer 2012. We only had lunch there on that visit. The place, food and staff haunted my brain and finally we got to stay in this wonderful B & B on Valentine's Day this year. We arrived in the early afternoon and were offered wonderful tea and scones. We had pre-ordered dinner also, which was terrific. My husband and I spent a comfy, cozy night in the Angel Room and then had the best ever breakfast buffett the next morning. The owners are wonderful. The apricot and white chocolate scones made tears come to my eyes. My hubby and I have been through a lot of challenges in the last year and somehow through this place's magic we had a day where we felt pampered and cared for to the max. I will be grateful for this stay forever. This is now our official "special place."

Room Tip: The rooms a acruately portrayed on their website
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank busygirl__1

Reviewed 3 July 2013

The Kimmell House Inn is a quaint bed and breakfast situated on the second floor of a historic 19th century house. The first floor houses a restaurant that serves excellent breakfast and lunch. The rooms feature antique furniture which added to the ambiance. My favorite part of the room was an original claw-foot tub in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Each room has its own character. Their website describes them well. Check out the features of each...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We had a wonderful experience last weekend at the Kimmell House Inn B&B.

Great room (Master Suite) that would very well work for a family as well with the extra room and beds.

The breakfast was amazing and we regretted not having stayed for lunch the day before. Yes, this place features a full breakfast and lunch menu you can visit for that alone or the extensive coffee shop with very yummy selections and a huge array of teas. Don't forget to leave room for their home made pastries that are better than most bakeries you can find.

Room Tip: If you want extra quiet, get the old Summer Kitchen. That also has the only King bed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mkobrowski
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Our second visit was as good as the first, and this time we were able to enjoy deb's wonderful breakfast. The scones were particularly good and the dining area was charming with light snowfall outside. We'll be back again!

Room Tip: Summer kitchen is delightful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

The Kimmel house is a sweet place for locals to getaway or visitors to lodge when visiting Lake Wawasee.

The tea room provides an excellent luncheon.

My only advice to travellers that will improve your stay - Ask for creamer for your morning coffee before you turn in !

Ditto for the tea room - for some reason thats a "on request only" item in there too.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Dean and Deb are hosts of the first order. They clearly adore their guest house - they were constantly working on it and keeping it in order. Dean is very down to earth and converses easily. Truthfully, I was so tired by the time I reached it, I blew right past this place. Once I settled in, it felt like being in a very warm and cozy home that was a throwback to times gone by. Superb attention to detail. Even though the weather was cold and damp, the reception couldn't have been more hospitable. One of the nicest B&B's I've ever stayed in - the room was bigger than my apartment in new york. My only regret was that I couldn't have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The Master Suite
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank paintertraveler

Been to Kimmell House Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!