“Hotel charged and addtional $35 for washing the sheets!”
Review of Astoria Inn

Astoria Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Knox
Stephens City, Virginia
“Hotel charged and addtional $35 for washing the sheets!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed there while visiting family. During the night my 4 year old grandson got sick during the night. When we returned home and I checked my account, I saw an additional $35 was charged to my credit card. When I called the hotel to ask, I was told that it was for washing the sheets! This hotel offered nothing special, we had to actual ask for more than one towel. Plus the pool was closed and no one mentioned it until we had checked in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BMcFarland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Centreville, Michigan
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I had a good stay at the Astoria Inn Knox, IN. Its a big Inn for succh a small town. It is very expensive to keep running for less buisness. The price was reasonable and the service was great! Our room was clean and well stocked! I give much praise to the owner for trying so hard to keep it running in such a small town. It wasnt fancy or anything but the beds were very comfortable and there was no noise! I very much enjoyed my stay at Astoria. Thank you for making my night enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kemp13
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Called prior to arriving for price and reservation. When I arrived, price was different. I ask if a kept a credit card on file, could I a pay cash at the end of stay. There answer was NO. I stay 200 plus night in hotels and this is unacceptable. I asked to see management. The owner came out and was a complete ______. I left! realizing I left my CC info with them I returned. Only to find that they had my CC # torn off the info I left and had it in his pocket! I've turned them in to the better business bureau. PLEASE NO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank John H

Travellers are raving about these Knox hotels

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Got what we paid for. But for twice as much you can get a little better at the holiday inn at Plymouth. We stayed there. It sucked just as bad.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank wcollins75
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2012

i go there every year for thanksgiving-Mike has always worked with me on the price I dont know what people are expecting He doesnt have a full staff because he isnt that busy. My room has always been clean the pool isnt ran daily because he just isnt that busy. its very expensive to run a pool he has always offered to get it going for me---I dont think people give him enough credit its a motel in knox indiana people should be proud to have it.

Room Tip: I prefer the bottom floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rose44130
Nevada, Missouri
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel, had ANTS crawling on my nightstand and in my bed, told and showed them lady smiled and said OHH WE HAD THEM YESTERDAY, didn't do nothing. Toilet was loose not tighten down to floor. Ice machine broke was told to go see if restaurant next door would give me a cup. Went to get coffee in the morning no creamer. Hole in the screen, bugs in room.
Was not happy, try and stay somewhere else if you can. Not many choices in Knox ...but this will not be a good one.

Room Tip: Look at room before you rent it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank donna b
Portage, Indiana
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I work at a local establishment in Knox, Indiana and the weather was so bad that it was impossible for me to get home. Unfortunately I live in Portage, Indiana at this time, and I drive 2 hours round trip. If I would have tried to get home I am sure that it would have taken me at least 2 hours due to the amount of snow we was getting an hour. I booked a one person room at the Astoria Inn, and unfortunately it is the only hotel in Knox. I paid $83 dollars and some change, and was absolutely discusted with the room. The room was absolutely filty. There was no shampoo, bar soap, or kleenex, and no blowdryer for my hair. The Mattress had holes in it, as I found out during the night. I had the worst night of my life. I could have had a better and cheaper night if I would have just slept in my car.

Room Tip: Never stay here, it will be your worst experience as far as hotels are concerned
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Peggy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knox
Days Inn Plymouth
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 6 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Plymouth

Been to Astoria Inn? Share your experiences!