“Poor Customer Service”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Kokomo, Indiana, United States
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

A female front desk clerk who work the second shift was very rude. She was not very professional. She accused me of making all those noises on a day when I was at work. She threatened to called the police on me when I told her to stop harassing me. I don't know why some people complained about me making noises when they had pets and babies that were making noises all day too. Some people were smoking and getting high and getting drunk in the parking lot at night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I almost passed on this motel based on reviews from the past of being dingy dirty et cetera. But I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. It was obvious this motel has been updated, new carpeting in the hallways painted throughout, inside and out. the room I had was huge very clean nice new TV. I have to say, I'm very happy with my choice Not to continue to Indianapolis.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stopped here for a few hours' sleep on a long drive, checked in, and couldn't stay - got my money back and went on down the road. The smell of some kind of disinfectant or something was so strong in the room that it made my eyes water; The lady who checked me in (and back out) couldn't have been nicer and was very helpful with directions and local information, but I just couldn't handle the chemical odor - I was still smelling it when I checked into another hotel in Indianapolis about an hour later. I hadn't stayed in a Motel 6 for probably thirty years - when did they start having bare floors instead of carpet?

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Kokomo hotels

Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2012

It is not a standard Motel 6 that you might be used to. It is very old and not so clean. The only good thing is the location. It is located very conveniently on US 31 and Lincoln Road in Kokomo. You can go to downtown in about 10 minutes or you can continue your journey on US 31 in Indiana.
This hotel doesn't give you the sense of being safe, the front doors of the building don't lock one of them looks like it was kicked down and just put back together again without fixing it.
There is a smell in the rooms even for non smokers.
Kokomo is a small town, but it has maney other hotel options available.

Room Tip: Probably top floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This major highway strip on east side of Kokomo runs several miles with many restaurants, big box stores, motels/hotels of various price levels, etc. I was looking for affordable yet decent, but hours of internet research was producing lots of negative reviews for many places. Finally, I remembered the Motel 6 chain; I quickly saw that you really have to pick your spots; this place didn't have much feedback, but nothing was bad, so I took a chance, and - for the price - it is fine; no frills, of course, but I can recommend it... MOST IMPORTANTLY, it was clean... room, hallways, bathroom... all just fine... has ice machine and vending machines for beverages/snacks... parking up close to rooms... TV/remote worked, but only one channel was clear; bathroom was clean, but sink basin looked fractured somehow; probably should be replaced, bed comfortable and the staff was all polite and friendly; felt safe... received a email from management asking for feedback; I replied and mentioned TV and sink... an apology was sent me for my disappointment, but really, I wasn,t disappointed... I got a good night's sleep in a clean room in a clean, comfortable bed with ice and soda or water available for a cheap price in a safe environment.. a good deal compared to some of horror stories I read about elsewhere...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Nelson1066
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 28 June 2010

What a nice place!. On the last minute I needed to go to Kokomo and since I was only going for the night I called Motel 6 and the staff was very accomodating. The room was clean and quiet; got my wake up call on time and was on my way.

No frills, GREAT SERVICE!!

Thanks!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RoadWarrior1A
El Dorado Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Motel 6 reservation policy is unlike any other I ever heard of. I was told by the Manager that it simply means you are guaranteed a room, not what you reserved. You may have a double room reserved and a confirmation # guaranteed by your credit card, but if they want to put you in a single or queen they can and that is their policy. As long as they have a room that is all they will guarantee. I asked what the purpose of a guaranteed reserved room was then and was told that it simply means they will put you in a room. I had 2 double rooms reserved with 2 confirmation #'s guaranteed by my credit card, when we got there they had messed up and only had 1 reserved. I asked for 2 single rooms then for the price of the double and was refused, but was offered a room with a queen bed. I told them if they had wanted to sleep together the women would not have requested a double room. It caused us to go to another motel and spend $20 extra a night for 4 nights for the 2 rooms. I requested that Motel 6 reimburse me the extra money that was over and above their cost they refused.
As for me and those I know we will not be staying again at a Motel 6. I expect to get what I
reserved not what they want me to settle for. I suggest you go down the road and get another motel unless you just want to settle. Keep in mind they do not tell you this when you make the reservations they do however ask what you want double, single etc. they just fail to tell you you may or may not get it.

• Stayed June 2010