“Inexpensive, fine stay”
Review of Motel 6 Kokomo

Motel 6 Kokomo
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel isn't the prettiest, but it was definitely good value for the little money I paid for it. The room was a bit spartan, with no fridge, and the floor dirty, and the screen had a hole in it, but everything worked fine. The bathroom was good and I slept very well. The lady who checked me in was very charming and helpful. A short drive away are plenty of places to eat, and if you head west on the road you turn onto to enter the hotel, there is a convenience store with lots of snacks and drinks. All in all, it was a great deal for what I paid, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have been slowing down on my reviews. especially repeat reviews, but my most recent stay a week ago mandates another review... have stayed here before several times and the stay has been problem free but overall nothing special... well, this time, it WAS special... I had a Great Sleep! the atmosphere is spartan to say the least... I mean really.... this is not the place for everybody... but the sleep was wonderful... the mattress was so comfortable and the pillows were wonderful, and the bedspread which I originally thought was thin, turned out to perform nice and toasty... best sleep I've had in a loooong while... better than home! So, staff is friendly, price is dirt-cheap, and sleep was great... if that fits your bill, then this is good.... anything else you are on your own.... p.s. oh, cleanliness is not an issue; very clean and cleaning workers are friendly the next day too... this is not the place to go if you need furnishings to look at, etc. but, sleep wise... couldn't be beat.... on a major Kokomo drag with lots of stores, food places, etc.; TV and remote but limited channels

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We decided to give Motel 6 a shot since it seemed like a good price and a great renovation. OOPS! We reserved the room 2 months in advance. When we arrived they didn't have the reservation I had confirmed 12 hours prior, they refused to honor the rate we reserved the room for, check-in took 25 minutes, and when it was finally over...the room was NASTY! The room door has black dirt spots from where people had touched it repeatedly over time. The bathroom everything was not cleaned very well and the paint was peeling. There was random smears of mystery goo on a few walls, the pillows were completely flat, and the floor was so dirty that I had to wash my feet TWICE in the first hour. When I used one of the white towels to wipe up some excess water from a cooler, it too had dark black marks all over it. The staff was not completely rude, but not exactly friendly and not very knowledgable at all. We only got a whole 2 bath towels despite the reservation being for 3 people. We're big travelers, but it was so bad we moved to Comfort Inn first thing the next morning. YIKES! Don't be fooled by the pictures that make that big CHEAPly done renovation look nice like we were.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MReinecke
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Hello folks. I have found another clean, comfortable and economical location to hang your hat. Located on US 31 it is close to great food, shopping, and industry if you are here on business. I read the previous reviews and trust me the "recovering fool" has it right. A significant investment has been made to this property. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: May want to chose the east side so you don't hear traffic
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 20 May 2013

A female front desk clerk who work the second shift was very rude. She was not very professional. She accused me of making all those noises on a day when I was at work. She threatened to called the police on me when I told her to stop harassing me. I don't know why some people complained about me making noises when they had pets and babies that were making noises all day too. Some people were smoking and getting high and getting drunk in the parking lot at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I almost passed on this motel based on reviews from the past of being dingy dirty et cetera. But I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. It was obvious this motel has been updated, new carpeting in the hallways painted throughout, inside and out. the room I had was huge very clean nice new TV. I have to say, I'm very happy with my choice Not to continue to Indianapolis.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stopped here for a few hours' sleep on a long drive, checked in, and couldn't stay - got my money back and went on down the road. The smell of some kind of disinfectant or something was so strong in the room that it made my eyes water; The lady who checked me in (and back out) couldn't have been nicer and was very helpful with directions and local information, but I just couldn't handle the chemical odor - I was still smelling it when I checked into another hotel in Indianapolis about an hour later. I hadn't stayed in a Motel 6 for probably thirty years - when did they start having bare floors instead of carpet?

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo