“what does a guaranteed reservaton really mean ?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Kokomo

Motel 6 Kokomo
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
El Dorado Springs, Missouri
“what does a guaranteed reservaton really mean ?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

Motel 6 reservation policy is unlike any other I ever heard of. I was told by the Manager that it simply means you are guaranteed a room, not what you reserved. You may have a double room reserved and a confirmation # guaranteed by your credit card, but if they want to put you in a single or queen they can and that is their policy. As long as they have a room that is all they will guarantee. I asked what the purpose of a guaranteed reserved room was then and was told that it simply means they will put you in a room. I had 2 double rooms reserved with 2 confirmation #'s guaranteed by my credit card, when we got there they had messed up and only had 1 reserved. I asked for 2 single rooms then for the price of the double and was refused, but was offered a room with a queen bed. I told them if they had wanted to sleep together the women would not have requested a double room. It caused us to go to another motel and spend $20 extra a night for 4 nights for the 2 rooms. I requested that Motel 6 reimburse me the extra money that was over and above their cost they refused.
As for me and those I know we will not be staying again at a Motel 6. I expect to get what I
reserved not what they want me to settle for. I suggest you go down the road and get another motel unless you just want to settle. Keep in mind they do not tell you this when you make the reservations they do however ask what you want double, single etc. they just fail to tell you you may or may not get it.

• Stayed June 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2003

The Hotel in general was not very clean. The rooms are fine and the price is great. I come to the area often so I keep coming back.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member