“Great customer service”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Dallas, Texas
“Great customer service”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for several nights in July. There was a minor mistake in our booking and I want to thank Lisa, the Guest Service Manager for going over and above. She fixed the mistake and gave us a couple drinks at the bar. Customer service is what it is all about. When we are in Kokomo in the future, I will stay here without a doubt. Thank you !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked a room based on the reviews which I find inconsistent ... some rooms must be nicer than others??? Overall, the hotel just doesn't seem up to par with the rest of the Courtyards (we are Marriott Platinum members). The hotel structurally does look nice from the outside. Outside trash by both the front & side entrance are overpiled. Please powerwash your entrances/driveways. We were greeted by a nice front desk staff. Lobby a bit dark. The elevator is disgustingly filthy. Carpeting throughout needs to go. Though our room was "visually" clean, our beds were soft and saggy. The ottoman had dark stains all over (I don't think Mr. Marriott will approve of this). The curtains haven't been cleaned/washed since inception. The bathtub surround has black mold. The showerhead is detached from the wall and is flapping all over the place. Furnishings look tired. Time for a hotel renovation/makeover! On the positive side, Courtyards normally do not serve free breakfast; this one does (cereals/breads/danish/package muffins/canned fruits/yogurt/juice/milk/coffee); this must be a franchise. Management needs attention. Iffy area; questionable people hanging/loitering around (drinking./smoking pot by side entrance next to drive-thru).... I'm outta here!

Room Tip: Check your room first - make sure it is to your liking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank minniemae
Joshua R, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. We did not live up to ours either. There are some very serious items listed there and I would love to hear from you personally. I sent you a direct message with my contact info. Please reach out to me at your earliest convienence. I will do everything in my power to remedy the situation for you. Thank you very much, and thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer.

Joshua Ray
General Manger
Courtyard by Marriott
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 15 June 2014

True story. There was a quadruple shooting a 1/2 block away at the strip club parking lot at 3 a.m. My husband and I slept right through it. My sister was staying a 1/2 block away from the strip club in the other direction at the holiday inn express and she says she was woken up by all of the police and ambulance sirens. Not me!!
Hotel was just about average. Lobby/cafe was nice, serving Starbucks coffee. Room itself was large and clean. Furniture/decor were a little old and tired, but the bed was comfortable.
Bottom line...my husband and I both got a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

After lodging at a supposedly smoke free facility in town fell through, we called this hotel hoping they had a room available. They did and although it was after 10pm we lugged our tired selves over there. They were doing construction and after our encounter at the previous place we were leery but the woman at the desk assured us we were unlikely to hear any of the noise in our room. She was friendly and kind enough to listen to how awful the other place turned out for us. She got us checked in quickly, gave us the run down of everything available and asked us to let her know if we needed anything else. By the time we got our stuff to the room we were beat and just ready for bed. The hotel seems a bit dated, but our room was clean, the beds were comfortable and she gave us a room where we could see our moving truck that Cracker Barrel management had graciously allowed us to park in their lot for the night. We all slept well and had warm showers the next morning. There was hot coffee available and checkout was a breeze. We thanked Cracker Barrel by visiting them for breakfast although I don't usually eat there. If we find ourselves in Kokomo again, I'll check the Courtyard first for rooms!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel May 2nd thru the 4th, 2014. My daughter is in the Military at Grissom AFB.
The outside of the hotel looked very nice and clean.....however the room they gave us was another story. We had a balcony room, which would have been very nice had it been clean....the easy chair and ottoman were filthy...they looked like grease or dirty shoes had been wiped all over them...nasty dark stains all over them.
The floor of the balcony had dried spit all over it and was so filthy....this should have been scrubbed clean before any other guests stayed in this room.
Behind the night table and under the bed sides there were chips and M and M's all over the floor. The lamps were coated with dust.
The breakfast was not good and no variety at all....every morning pancakes and scrambled eggs.....although the fresh fruit was very good and looked appealing.
Come on people change up the menu....you charge as much as the other hotel chains.(I've stayed at several) and each morning they had something different to choose from.
This was the first time I had stayed at a Marriott hotel......not a good experience and won't be going back.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend a Marriott hotel to anyone after this experience. Makes one wonder if they...
Green Features: I didn't see anything of that sort here. I really cannot comment on that.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

You indicated that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Russiaville, Indiana
Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you support our troops or love our vets than this is the hotel you want to stay in. Thanks Marriot for your love and support of our US service men and women. Next time I need a room I will be checking in again. This hotel takes the TRASH out often.

• Stayed April 2014
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel was in good shape. Breakfast had a decent selection so if you are a breakfast eater it may be worth the extra. Rooms were nice w/ only issue being mattress felt like it sagged to night stand side. Not uncommon if not rotated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joshua R, General Manager at Courtyard Kokomo, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you very much for your comment. We strive to make you feel at home with us while you are away on business. I hope that you will choose us when you are in Kokomo again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kokomo
Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo
#4 of 10 in Kokomo
Baymont Inn & Suites Kokomo
Days Inn & Suites Kokomo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport

Been to Courtyard Kokomo? Share your experiences!