“Great Stay, great food”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanbury
Yorkshire
“Great Stay, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here while on business and was very impressed. I wanted a foodie pub/hotel and this was a perfect choice. I booked the superior room which is very nicely decorated and has a great en-suite with a huge bath - not really a shower- just a good shower attachment but the bath was fabulous. I had dinner in the restaurant with a business colleague and it was excellent food - some very different choices and great value too. It has a modern, stylish decor, very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very good. It is rurally located, no shops nearby but I prefer to be somewhere scenic and the countryside around it is great. It is very near the motorway network so very accessible too. I wish I was always so lucky to find a place like this to stay when away on business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ohmigod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

On my first visit i vowed id take my wife there to show her. I got my chance on the first May bank holiday.

We arrived on the sunday late afternoon and opted for food in the bar which was superb. The addition of morrocan preserved lemons to the smoke salmon really made the dish. And the tempura was crisp and hot.

We stayed in room 10 which was lovely and was also quiet at night. The following morning we had a great cooked to order breakfast to get us on our way

A delight to stay at

Room Tip: Room ten was lovely and quiet being at the back
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went for a meal with my family to The Vernon on a saturday night. The food was delicious and delicately presented. I had the scallops on a pork hock and it was to die for! I could not fault it. I then had the lamb which was perfectly cooked to what i asked for and was bursting with flavour. I had the asiette of desserts and was presented beautifully and taste lovely.

This is a great restaurant and i have heard from family members that the room are top notch. The setting is really nice and is defiantly a place to visit!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elliot G
Droitwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Was happy to have shared this special lunch with my family who all loved this beautiful sunday lunch. Had heard many good reports regarding the food at the Vernon and i wasn't disopointed. Beautifully presented,locally sourced food in a quality surrounding. Will definately be back in the future. A la carte menu looks great too?

• Stayed April 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Came here for a family meal for a birthday. First impressions very inviting, nicely decorated & clean. Staff were very friendly & helpful.

Food was presented beautifully and very tasty. Only gripe I have is that the portions are a bit on the small side. I myself prefer things like vegetables with my main meal.
We had the set menu which was very good value for money- no quarms there! Glad we did as we would if left hungry without the 3 courses!!
Only thing I would say it lacked was atmosphere. No background music just the chit chat from the kitchen where the staff seemed to congregate & chat when unoccupied. I wouldn't want to be the one paying the staff wages at the end if the day (more staff than customers!)
Would definitely return but only for a special occasion. Not really a pub lunch or dinner sort of place but def worth a visit.

Stayed April 2014
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Shaky start as we weren't booked and at 7.30pm was told we would have a table at 8pm however by 8.20pm we were still waiting. All was made up by the delicious food and great evening. Enjoyed it tremendously and would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank debbiefrances
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This surprising little inn provides great quality in a location that is not well served by interesting places to stay. The initial impressions were good with a bright and well cared for facade, ample parking and fields out the back. They were not let down by the friendliness of the staff and smart and modern appearance of the interior.
The bedroom was clean with a large comfortable bed and nice soft furnishings. The en-suite shower room was similarly clean and well equipped with an ample supply of toiletries.
The only criticism I have is about the size of the bedroom-the bed over filled the room and there was only just room to squeeze round two sides making access to the wardrobe very difficult. If there had been two of us trying to occupy the room we would have had to be fairly acrobatic and very tidy. More inconveniently there was nowhere to work other than lying on the bed. The en-suite was small but perfectly adequate for a sole traveler
However the bed was exceedingly comfortable and, in spite of being right beside a fairly busy road, the sound insulation was very good and I had a really good nights sleep.
The high point of my stay was the excellent restaurant - this really is a restaurant with rooms and the menu was extensive enough to provide an interesting variety without being excessive. The food was beautifully presented, delicious and the quantity was just right. The wine list had, unusually, some interesting wines by the glass and the staff provided just the right level of service without being annoying.
All in all very enjoyable which was carried through to the freshly cooked breakfast served the following morning which really set me up for a busy working day.
Overall a very good experience and one that I will look forward to repeating when I am working in the area again and one I am seriously considering for leisure as well - would just need a bigger room for two.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Waldo54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanbury
Chateau Impney Hotel & Exhibition Centre
St Andrews Town Hotel
St Andrews Town Hotel
#2 of 4 in Droitwich
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5
The Crown by Marston's Inns
Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel
Premier Inn Bromsgrove South (Worcester Road) Hotel

Been to The Vernon Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!