All reviews steak twin room cod hanbury hall two courses on arrival pudding lovely room good nights sleep vernon emma meal bath portions pub
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We spent the night here for a wedding, we took all the rooms, rooms are small but comfortable and well equipped, good full English breakfasts with all the traditional trimmings, nice countryside, friendly staff, attractive old building

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely pub and surroundings. Booked Sunday lunch and gad three course. Food portions were great. Quality of the good was excellent. Bit of a wait but the place was busy. Lovely staff and attentive for drinks etc. Woukd deffo go back x

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank AdamDroitwich
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel food was amazing quiet peacefull hotel we will deffo be comming back always loads to do there lovely place nice ales and beer its good for walkers hikers good stop off point history in the area too hanbury hall is lovely.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Glenn W
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed at The Vernon whilst visiting Chateau Impney and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is lovely and clean as was our room

We happened to stay during the very hot period in July and were concerned as to how we'd sleep with the window open as the room is opposite a junction. We did ask if we could possibly change rooms but the manageress apologised and said that the hotel was full but assured us that the road is not busy at night and I'm pleased to say that she was right and we slept well.

The only niggle that I'd make about the room is that there are no net curtains so when you're in the room you have to have the curtains closed to have any privacy which is a shame on a beautiful sunny morning.

We ate in the restaurant and found the food and service excellent as was breakfast.

If we come back to the area again we'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LissaDEngland
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

To me the Vernon is a nice quality village pub with rooms. I have stayed twice recently and on both occasions paid £90 for the superior room, which is very nice, with a stunning bathroom and one of the largest bath tubs I have seen. It has a Dyson air conditioning unit too which is very welcome on warm summer nights.
It's a well kept pub with a nice choice of draught beers, wines and spirits and there is a large and spacious restaurant attached to it. Prices however are a tad on the expensive side for fairly modest meals.
Breakfast next morning was individually prepared. But I have to say that the choice of buffet items was extremely limited compared with many hotels and holds the quality down as a consequence. As I said - a pub with rooms and should look at the value for money it provides, as I'd really like to be more positive.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business