“Anniversary Trip”
other travellers have booked this property
A cruise ship about to dock in Ocho Rios Marble tiled living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
A cruise ship about to dock in Ocho Rios
Marble tiled living room
Another view of living room
Open and airy home a view from the kitchen to living room
Fully equipped kitchen
A view of the dining room and living room from the kitchen
Kitchen fully equipped viewed from the family room
Cozy family room
Bedroom #1
Bedroom #1 curtains are open to ocean view.
en-suite bathroom #1
Bedroom #2
ensuite bathroom #2
Main patio/balcony ocean in the background
The view of the coast to the east
Patio #2 view the sunset from the patio taken from the family room
The outdoor decks from the patio
Walk way to the outdoors
Front view of villa facing the ocean
Close up of the house and garden
Side view of the Orchids  Villa
One of many orchids in bloom
Dunns River falls the most famous attraction on the islands north coast  20 mins from the Orchids
Dunn's river
One of the awesome beaches to be found in Ocho Rios
The White River Blue Hole 15 minutes away from the villa
fresh sea food available in restaurants in Ocho Rios
Fresh fruits available all year round
Jamaican patties a must have
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Gretchen...
“Anniversary Trip”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The View! The Hosts! The experience! We can not rave enough about this beautiful spot, just a few miles from Ocho Rios! Everything was perfect! The house with two patios offers spectacular and relaxing views! Beth and Hugo are wonderful hosts , making you feel welcomed! They are genuinely wonderful people! Helpful about how to get around and things to do and also share wonderful stories! Hugo was key in helping my husband plan a " surprise" 20th anniversary dinner in Ocho Rios! We will definitely be return customers! Thank you for making Jamaica a wonderful, authentic experience!

15 Aug 2016
Oh Dave and Gretchen we bonded even before you got here and then we became family .Its was my pleasure to plan the" surpirse " 20th anniversary dinner .you have a wonderful family and we hope to meet the girls on your return.
Blackburn...
Regensburg, Germany
“Perfekt place to stay! I feel like at home here...”
Reviewed 9 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I had to find a place to sleep fast and find my way to Hugh, thats my pleasure. He organize my transportation from the airport to his accommodation very fast and give me all instructions. It worked perfectly!

I'm Happy to be so lucky find that beautiful Place in Jamaica. Great House and nice Room! Wonderful view over the Sea!

Hugh and his Wife are very nice hosts. I feel like at home here... Thank you! :)

Liked best: Beth and Hugh
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Jul 2016
You are so easy to get along witht Dominique .as we say in Jamaica you are" IRIE". Great having you come again real soon.
Rachel H
“Only place I will ever stay”
Reviewed 31 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

First I just want to say thank you so much to both Hugo and Beth for opening your heart and home to me and my family, it was an honour to meet the both of you and to have the pleasure of staying in your home. Hugo I love your sense of humour and Beth your enduring patience (you know what and who I mean, Lol!)

I have been visiting Jamaica for years, I have stayed with family, friends, at hotels, and villas. I am so used to having things go wrong when I visit and therefore I have truly never enjoyed staying in Jamaica outside of a hotel before I stayed here. Staying at the Orchid was absolutely everything and more that was advertised on AirBnB. Everything about the home was perfect and met with all my expectations and more, the views from the house was breath taking, being able to view Ocho Rios from the house was really nice. Having all that property to explore and to be able to enjoy all those fruit trees was more than I expected. The house was always clean and all niceties are taking care of (no worrying about utensils, pots, or plates. Before coming to the home security was one of my concerns and it was very nice to see that my fears were alleviated and so my family and I were able to enjoy our vacation to fullest.
The pictures posted here do not do this place justice. It goes from the perfect family home in the day to a retreat with romantic views at night. This home is beautiful, and the people that live here have shown it so much love and care, making it a comfortable place to relax and feel at home. I recommend this to anyone who is coming to Jamaica and wants to stay somewhere that they will have the freedom to do what they want, but feel secure at the same time. It is the best of both worlds, and truly deserves the ratings that it had gotten. As anyone reading can see the visitors of The Orchids have nothing but true love for this place and its owners.

Liked best: Absolutely Everything
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Jun 2016
AWWW thank you so much Rachael for your very kind words. You Angella and Michael very so easy to host Beth and I enjoyed the entire week and look forward to your return visit in November.

NivaDarli...
Reston, Virginia
“Best Kept Secret!”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My biggest concern about leaving this review is that the next several times I go to book here, it will be all booked up because the secret will be out! So, I'm not going to tell you how wonderful this place is and how you will feel kinship with Hugo and Beth within seconds of meeting them. I definitely won't tell you how the energy of the home and grounds will bring you the peace you have been seeking. You won't learn from me that the ocean view and sunsets from their balconies, coupled with Beth's countless stunning and impeccably kept orchids, will literally take your breath away. Oh and if you only knew how those 3 acres were filled with almost every fruit-bearing tree and edible plant that you can imagine! Finally, I won't explain that although my friends and I went as strangers, we left as family. That we were sorry we spent only one night, and loved Hugo and Beth so much, that we had them over for dinner the same night we left. I will tell you this: there is a place in Jamaica where the warmth comes not only from the sun, but from bigs hugs, loving smiles and deep belly laughs. Hope you find it, because I'm not telling! :-)

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
9 May 2016
Well Nikki/Niva Darling Guess the secret is out, however there will always be space for you at the Orchids because from the moment we met we became family and that will never end .Thanks so much for your kind words.
Dana W
Tustin, California
“Magnificient and Breathtaking”
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Magnificent
First off, I must give my sister Tiffany props to for finding this magnificent place and inviting me to an unforgettable journey! Thank you, Tiffany!
This is the first time I have not stayed at a hotel during my trips, and I LOVED IT!
I am a nature person, and if you are like me, who loves nature and who wants to be close to nature as possible, this is the place to be, “The Orchids at Tower Isle”.
When we arrived at the Hugo’s and Beth’s place, I was overwhelmed by such beautiful sight that left me breathless. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The house is surrounded by lustrous green as far as my eye can see, and overseas a clear blue ocean. Fruit trees, more fruit trees, orchids, and many other kinds of flowers, everywhere. It’s an eye candy! This place makes a fantastic place to hike, if you like hiking. It is exactly the way Hugo and Beth have described it in their description, just better because words cannot describe the beauty of this Jem, at least I can’t unless you see it for your own eyes. After a long flight, red eye flight, I was so happy to find my room so soothing, bright and clean. The whole house is just clean and beautiful. Nice and elegant decors make you feel like home.
I am a very reserved person, and I don’t like to talk to many people, unless I feel comfortable with them. Hugo and Beth are those people! They have welcomed and treated us like we were family from day one. They went far and beyond to make sure we feel comfortable. They treated us like daughters and were constantly worried about us if we didn’t check in with them, while we were on excursion and exploring Ochos Rios. Hugo even gave us rides down to Ochos.
All main attractions are close to Ochos Rios. We even walked from Mystic Mountain back to Ochos Rios, and from Dunn River. Dunn River is about a 9mile walk to Ochos.
I had an amazing time here at “The Orchids at Tower Isle” and I am sad that I had to leave after a week stay. I gained a family who welcome me with loving arms. I will be back because I know I will have a home there. Thank you Hugo and Beth!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: I liked everything
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
30 Apr 2016
I am seldom at a loss for words Dana and I am now . The week with yourself and Tiffany was super from the moment we met and guess what our friendship will never end because as you say we are now family .Thanks for choosing our home and bringing your awesome personality and spirit to Jamaica and the Orchids . You and Tiffany are forever welcome at our home. Thanks again for your very kinds words.
trinibutt...
Kingston, Jamaica
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 17 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

What you see is what you get at Tower Isle. Beautiful, scenery, clean spacious modern accommodation with owners who treat you like family. They are beautiful people who are easy to talk to, down to earth and accommodating. The view of Ocho Rios is a must see. The air is cool, crisp and fresh. The house is surrounded by numerous fruit trees that give you a true taste of what Jamaica truly has to offer.

Travelling group: Extended Family
18 Apr 2016
It was really fun having you Donna and your two beautiful children .Yes we are family now and thank you for staying at our villa .of course I will keep in touch .
Priscilya...
New York City, New York
“When you're here, you're family”
Reviewed 31 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I am in love with everything about this property! I believe I ended up at The Orchids by fate. I had booked another listing, and the owner of that had accidentally double booked. He was nice enough, however, to help me find another place. After suggesting Hugo and Beth's place, I said I'd follow his lead since he spoke so highly of them.

Upon my arrival I was greeted with warm and loving energy- not the commercial/hospitality industry kind, but rather like I was family. Hugo and Beth allowed me to get settled in and then we stayed up and talked for a while about music and life in general. That night and the following nights would be the highlight of my time on the island. I was in town alone as a recording artist getting ready for a show and had a few meetings in Kingston. Hugo and Beth could tell I was a little nervous and overwhelmed as this would be my first show in Jamaica. They went out of their way to ensure I always had tea, was drinking plenty of water, and even drove me into town (Ocho Rios) personally. Instead of dropping me off, Hugo waited for me as I completed my errands (transferring music to a CD, getting girly stuff like nail polish and hair products, and a few groceries). On the days where I was in town alone, they would call and check in and just make sure I was ok. I could go on and on about these kind gestures as they were non-stop.

As far as the accommodations, this place is gorgeous! Everything is very clean, well kept, and always tidy. The view from the balcony or outdoor sitting room is AMAZING! If you want a peaceful and tranquil environment during your stay, you MUST come to The Orchids. Hugo and Beth showed me how to pick ackee from the ackee tree, which I found to be both fun and relaxing. The grounds are well maintained and a great environment for meditation.

Finally, there are some things that are hard to put into words, but I will close by saying that it is very important to have a "home base" when traveling to another country for business. Sometimes the people with whom I am doing business are nice, but when the business is done I am on my own. Hugo and Beth literally made me feel like their daughter and were available physically and emotionally as I moved about during the day and night. They made themselves available no matter what time, and welcomed my phone call if I ever ran into a problem outside of their home. For this I am truly grateful (as are my parents back in the US). I HIGHLY recommend anyone to stay with Hugo and Beth at their wonderful home known as "The Orchids".

Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
1 Apr 2016
We love you too Priscilya and enjoy having you .Yes you are family and we wish you success in your music career.remember mi casa es su casa.
Hugh
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing