Abbotswood Motor Inn
Discovery Parks - Geelong(Belmont)(Great Value!)
US$113
Priceline
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsindoor poolold style motelthe great ocean roadstayed heremain roadfree wifibiscuits providedgeelong cbdtea and coffeehigh streetshopping centregraemefoxtelaccommodationnoisechannelsgor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed overnight, driving from Canberra to see the Great Ocean Road. This motel was easy to find from the highway. It is a typical motor hotel, with parking in front of the rooms. The room was quite functional, with refrigerator and microwave in case you want to make your own food. The room had a wall mounted air conditioner that rapidly cooled the room. The free Wi-Fi worked well. The owner Graham was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our hosts were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms sparkling clean and well equipped. The usual fridge, micro wave and tea making facilities but with a pretty cloth over the table too. There were guest laundry facilities on site and an iron and ironing board in the room. There was also a small indoor heated pool which we didn't check out.
The only problem I had was sleeping (but I am difficult to please), my husband slept soundly. As usual I had requested a soft mattress on the booking form and the proprietor rang me beforehand to tell me that all the mattresses were the same and quite firm, he was anxious that I shouldn't arrive without knowing so being forewarned I carried a small sponge mat with me and the bed was OK. Unfortunately I didn't think to check the pillow and that too was thick and firm. There were spare pillows in the cupboard but they were all the same so the only suggestion I would make to improve their service would be to provide thinner softer pillows as spares. Otherwise an excellent stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank funwin
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Very friendly welcome when i checked in. Nothing seemed to much trouble. The room was very clean and comfortable. Location to Deakin Uni is great 5 mins and your there. Some traffic noise even at the back of the motel but nothing over the top. Can't fault the owners for there service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Darren P
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I as well as friends of ours stayed here recently because of the location. We were attending A Day On The Green at The Hill Winery.
We were thrilled to discover that not only was it close to the venue, the rooms were large and spotlessly clean. The proprietors (Graeme and his wife) are increadibly friendly and helpful and even offered to drive us to the venue! I could not recommend it more highly! I would stay here over many 5 star places in an instant :)

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Kranlomi
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked this as part of a great ocean Rd trip. We didn't expect much given the price but were pleased to find a comfortable and particularly clean room. Some light noise from highway which might put some light sleepers off but we were fine. Owner was only too happy to help with any queries etc.

Overall pretty comfortable stay and well worth it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple