“Great Courtyard Property”

Courtyard Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I ahve stayed here on three separate occassions for business.On each trip I was upgraded to the same suite which I thought was a terrific room. This property incorporates the new Courtyard design which I feel is excellent. The staff at this hotel was excellent and very accomodating. The hotel itself is located on the west side of town with several dining options available nearby. I guarantee I will stay at this hotel on my next trip to Lafayette.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BlueMarlinDave

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed here twice for business in the past 2 weeks. The rooms are typical for Courtyard, the hotel is located on the west side of town, with a few chain restaurants in the area. My second visit, the room that I was assigned had stained carpet, and worn areas, and the bath room wasn't as clean, that's the reason for the 3 stars--I had expected that a relatively new hotel would been in better condition.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

We were sorry to hear of the challenges that you faced during your March stay. Upon reviewing your concerns, we implemented and just completed an extensive deep cleaning program on our rooms, including professional cleaning of carpets, replacement of carpets and other items.

Here at Courtyard by Marriott, we appreciate all feedback as we know it provides us the opportunity to address your concerns. We hope that you will stop by and see our new look the next time you are in the area. if I can be of further assistance, please contact me at the hotel.

Curt Baker
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott Lafyette Indiana

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I went to Courtyard in February. I asked for a handicapped room and they had one available. When I went to enter it, I saw that it was already open and the tv was on. Luckily, my brother was with me, because someone could have been in there. After checking it out and finding no one, he went to the front desk and asked. He was told that that is normal for housekeeping to do this. I think it's dangerous. Other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Check the room before entering
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let me assure you this is not the normal practice of the hotel. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously as reflected by our outstanding performance in our Guest Satisfaction Survey's with regards to the safety and security of the hotel.

We hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Curt Baker
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott
Lafayette Indiana

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for three days for a business trip. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel was easily accessible.

The room had two queen size beds, with extremely comfortable bedding. There is free wi-fi and complementary coffee.

Some of the towels in the room were old and stained. I requested new towels and the new set was clean, but they looked old. That is the only complaint I have.

The hotel has a bistro that served breakfast, lunch, and select dinner items and a bar. I purchased breakfast one morning and while pricey for eggs and potatoes, these were well done. I also made use of the bar at night and had a couple of mixed drinks. They do not use top shelf liquor, but I also did not ask to upgrade from Cuervo to Patron.

The business center was easily accessible. I will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with a King size bed are oddly arranged. I switched from a room with a King to a room with...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GF13
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The location was nice & also close to Purdue Univerisity & located close to shops & restaurants. On the Main rd(State st) connecting the highway(close by) & the University but the room was real good & there was no noise.
The room was excellent, the bed was positioned differently & the bathroom was what you would expect of a Marriot. Found the bed real comfortable & could turn the TV to view from the bed.
The only problem occurred in the morning when there was no hot water. So tried reaching the front desk & the phone was answered after several tries & the response was, sorry we'll have to wait on maintenance to fix the issue...which was later fixed but it did get us late for our breakfast appointment.
So overall an excellent rating if this problem had not occurred.

Room Tip: Requested a King bed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Again I used Priceline to get this hotel. It was a wonderful experience. I saved so much money and this room was great. will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Booked this hotel just for one night for a game in Indianapolis which was only 50 minutes away. We weren't going to spend much time in the hotel so I was looking for something decent at a decent price. Had planned to book the Omni or Marriott in Indy, but they were full. This is an excellent property with modern, comfortable rooms. We normally stay in very nice hotels, so it was surprising to hear my wife say "Now this is a room I could spend some time in". The rooms were modern with high quality furniture and a high quality bathroom. The kicker: $89!!! We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in Lafayette!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family