“OK”

Courtyard Lafayette
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times and the things that I noticed during my last stay are:
- They removed the complimentary coffee at the lobby. That's simply disappointing as it should be offered in this price range. Instead, you have to buy their Starbucks coffee which is as bad as it is expensive

- The Wifi is still a bad joke. Depending on your room, you'll have a very bad reception and are constantly required to log in again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank andidfl
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback into our performance. We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. There is a Marriott Corporate initiative for all Courtyard properties that have a Starbucks on site to no longer offer the complimentary lobby coffee. However, we do provide complimentary coffee in-room for your enjoyment and this is the same coffee served in our lobby. We are also in process of providing updates to our wireless technology to be able to better serve our guests. We hope that when in town you will provide us another opprotunity to have you as our guest!

Carrie Zeman

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family for a couple of nights while in town for a wedding. Nice rooms. Helpful staff. We definitely enjoyed the many sitting areas both inside and outside. I really like the updates that Marriott has done it's Courtyard chain.

• Stayed: June 2013
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for the nice review. We here at Courtyard Lafayette pride ourselves on the service we provide. If you have any suggestions during your stay on how we can improve, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is my choice of hotel when I am in Lafayette on business. Like most Courtyard Marriots the service, rooms and amenities are consistent. I really enjoyed the nice firm bed, however, it seemed a little too warm in my room. I dropped the temp and it cooled off but it was warm again in the morning. This would be the only issue I've had at this property and as I was only there one night did not deem it worth addressing on this visit. The location is convenient to dining options.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. All of our rooms have individual digital thermostats that are controlled by the guest. They are not pre-programmed, so I am unsure why your room would change from the set temperature. If you ever experience such a challenge, please be sure to notify the staff so that we can ensure your and every guest can enjoy their stay. Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Courtyard on our way home from a road trip with our young baby. We are young professionals and have had mixed experiences with how we are received with a baby in tow. The desk staff was so nice. I loved the decor of the room and lobby area, and the pool was clean and warm. Overall a great experience!

• Stayed: May 2013
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thanks for the great review. We welcome families and small children. When staying with us don't forget, we do keep a limited number of portable cribs available for guest use, so that do not need to travel with your own. Additionally, we have a limited supply of baby shampoo, etc. if you happened to forget yours. Thanks again for the great comment, and we hope to see you and the baby again soon.

Curt Baker

P.S. friend us on facebook and share pictures of your visit...

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I come to Lafayette about 3 times a month and always stay here. Sometimes they even upgrade my room type, which is nice. I know most of the staff and about 95% of them are extremely kind and responsive. The service is usually great and the rooms are always nice and clean with a contemporary look. Of course, it's not the Ritz Carlton, but it's a comfortable place for me to rest and relax week after week.
I ranked this 4/5 because the wireless internet connection is inconsistent between 11pm and 1am just about every night, which causes some frustration. Also, some bathrooms recently need plumbing tune-ups. But these things are nothing that would keep me from staying here.
Tips:
The beds come with a small/light blanket, so ask for an extra if you like more cover. Also, expect a firm mattress.

Room Tip: The beds come with a small/light blanket, so ask for an extra if you like more cover.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thanks for the great review. We pride ourselves on our service. I am however concerned about the challenge you have with our internet. The hotel has a state of the art fiber-optic system installed in Spring 2012. If you are experiencing a challenge at specific times, please notify our staff immediately so we can trace and resolve the challenge. I do apologize that it inconvenienced you, but look forward to resolving it on your next visit.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I am pretty high on the Marriott brand. I stay at a lot of places all over the world, and I like to have consistency in my rooms and delivery of service. This is a clean hotel with wonderful service and access. One of the problems I found was that the internet was inconsistent at best, and they do not have a way to handle it currently. If you require the internet, and the hotel is full... I found you might as well go to sleep early. The staff is aware of it, and it is a problem for them. They said they could call the company and stop some of the people from "streaming" but I do not think that is right either. You can't put out a fire with a straw when you need a hose. The group needs to improve the technology, or I will find a place that can provide what I thought I purchased with the price of the room. If that is not an issue for you....it is a great hotel. People are very nice.

Room Tip: My room was spacious and very clean. No outside noises.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
cyasstgm, Manager at Courtyard Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

I was sorry to hear of your challenges with our internet service. We actually have state of the art fiber optics that was installed less than a year ago. Unfortunately the week that you were in we were hosting several university teams with about four times our normal internet usage. This by no means is an excuse, but simply an explanation. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you faced, and do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Inn several times and hands down it continues to be the place to stay in Lafayette, Indiana. Great service and great accommodations. The manager is available and the staff go out of their way to greet you and take care of your needs.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for the Great Review.... We pride ourselves on our service and love to know that it shows. Don't forget if you have any suggestions that can make us better be sure and let me know.

Best wishes in your travel, and thanks again.