“Great Room, Great Staff”

Candlewood Suites Lafayette
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Room, Great Staff”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stopped at the Candlewood Suites for a night due to it's proximity to I-65. The room was great, I got a great nightly rate, and the bed was close to the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. I'm not sure when the first review was written, possibly just after the hotel opened, but I did see a group of people out there grilling as I walked to the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a comfortable night's sleep while you're on the road.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bhallene2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2010

My husband and I booked a room at the Candlewood Suites for the holidays....
No complaints at all except one minor one...wish they would have had king size beds instead of queen :)
The staff is so very friendly and go out of their way to assist you with anything you need. They always greet you whether leaving the premises or arriving at the premises.
The room has a full size refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, dual burner stove stop, cooking ware and eating utensils and dishes.
they have a laundry room that offers free washing and drying of your clothes, exercise room and a nice business center :)
they also have a "pantry" thats stocked with soda, water, teas, snacks, anything you need that you may have left at home. It also is stocked with laundry detergent and fabric softener and everything is very reasonably priced.
it is super clean (i am very picky) no hairs in the bathroom, the sink or the tub. Just extremely clean :))
I would definately recommend this hotel to ANYONE! :)
when we return back to lafayette to visit....candlewood suites is where we will be staying!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pinstriped_cats
Chesterton, Indiana
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We were very pleased with the hotel. It had a full kitchen which was a time saver as well as a money saver. The clerks were very kind. We weren't able to use the amenities because of our busy schedule but they looked great.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank OICInsider
Akron, OH
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I had booked this room due to its proximity to Wolf Park in Battle Ground, purchasing a prepaid room for the night at a very affordable rate. I was nervous about check-in as I had a long way to drive and expected to be in around 6:00 p.m. but a quick call to the hotel assured me that since I had the pre-paid room, I could check in as late as I needed.

Upon arrival to the hotel, I was greeted by a woman at the front desk who let me know that I'd received a call just a short bit ago and that my caller had mentioned she'd call back later; I completely appreciated the information as there wasn't any particular message left for me, she was just being polite. Check-in was quick and efficient and I got to my room and was greeted by a very pleasant surprise! The room was very large and spacious--the kitchenette area was laminate wood flooring, the counter for both the kitchenette and bathroom were beautiful granite. The bed was large and comfortable and the flat-screen TV and DVD player were a very pleasant and unexpected perk.

I only stayed one night but I was able to get food locally at one of the restaurants and bring it back to eat while I used their free high speed internet to surf around and kill time At one point on my way out for food, my caller called back and the front desk woman remembered me and let me take the call there.

I didn't get to use their amenities but they had a small "cafe" you could go in and get anything from microwaveable dinners to fresh fruit, and they had a DVD library I could have used as well. The gym had several great machines to work out on and the indoor pool looked wonderful--I wish I'd brought my suit!

Check-out in the morning was a breeze and the woman at the desk told me that I was welcome to leave my car parked in their lot while I had my trip up to Wolf Park with my friend, for which I was very grateful.

Overall, this is an excellent place to stay, where the rates are extremely affordable and you will feel like you got so much more for your dollar than you might at any other room. I am extremely pleased to recommend this hotel to other visitors and I know that when I make future trips to Wolf Park that this will be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank leach0608
Plymouth, MI
Reviewed 22 January 2010

we stayed at this hotel with a group of about 25 from Michigan. My sister goes to Purdue and my other sister is a Michigan State alum so we decided to get a group together for the Purdue-MSU football game. The website promises an on-site grill and the rooms advertise free use of toaster ovens by request. We packed tons of food for tailgating and anticipated grilling at the hotel to bring it with us. When we arrived, there was NO grill on site and the front desk employees were clueless. There was even a sign about grill safety -- but there isn't a grill there! We were left with bags of raw, marinated meat and no where to cook it. When my Mom inquired about a toaster oven, she was told that they "didn't have any" and we could "probably get one tomorrow morning, maybe." Then why are there cards in every room advertising them? Additionally, since this is an extended-stay hotel, they fail to tell you that there is NO housekeeping service on stays less than 3 nights. That's fine -- but I would have liked to know that before I left my wet towel on the floor that morning. Short stays shouldn't have to pay $149/night for no housekeeping! They need a pricing option (say, $99/night) for travelers who don't mind their rooms not being cleaned. On the plus side, the hotel is quiet and clean and in a good location for visitors to Purdue. But I wouldn't stay there again!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family