This is my first experience with this particular chain. After reading the reviews I decided to give this location as chance.
Plus: The hotel is located near many restaurants and easy access to the highway. I found the bed to be Very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The staff wasnt overly friendly but did their job. Free WiFi functioned without any problems.
Minus: The room was adequate, cleanliness was questionable as I found I single strand of hair in the tub that most definitely didn't belong to me. Luke-warm and I do mean luke-warm shower with low pressure (ugh!). Booked during some type of teen function as there were groups loudly parading through the halls and could be heard stomping around in the room above me, thank goodness I'm not a light sleeper. Business partner noted less than adequate "nothing I would ever eat" breakfast. I can't really comment as I never went to check once I was told that.
I recall reading another reviewer questioning the safety of the hotel as the rear entry door lock does not work. Well, this is still the case but I do not think this is an area where you have to worry about security issues. Furthermore, I noticed security cameras at the front desk and all entering that door can be viewed by front office staff. And yes, you will feel like you have just entered the set of That 70's show! Orange, yellow and mustard-green decor.
Overall, I rate it as adequate as I had enough towels to last my entire stay, and the bed provided an excellent night sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check-in at our hotel for award-winning accommodations and exceptionally friendly staff who offer the best in warm, midwestern hospitality. Situated near the junction of I-65 and State Road 26 East, stay here to visit Purdue University and area businesses or take in history that shaped the country. Rooms and suites come with many conveniences - microwave, mini-fridge, work desk and chair, free Wi-Fi and more. The free Bright Side Breakfast(R) starts the day with hearty or light fare and plenty of coffee. Relax or play in the indoor pool, and reenergize in the fitness center. The many local and national chain restaurants along State Road 26 provide lots of dining choices. Travelers often prefer lodging in this community over busy Indianapolis. Higher education, a historic downtown, Native American history and diverse natural communities come together in this city one hour north of Indianapolis. Purdue University, Ivy Tech Community College and Harrison College graduate thousands of students from around the world every year. Among the manufacturers producing products here are Caterpillar, Subaru of Indiana, and Wabash National. The Tippecanoe Battlefield played an important role in Native American history and westward expansion. Settlers founded the city about 200 years ago, and many fine examples of turn-of-the-century architecture remain downtown. The area recently introduced a new state park that highlights multiple habitats such as wildflower prairies, woodlands and tall grass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Lafayette
- Baymont Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Baymont Inn